Re: XARD - Simple Trend Following Trading System

Curioso wrote: Sat Mar 23, 2024 2:56 am Hello Coolcrow ,

Beautiful words, and i believe your explanation helping a lot traders are strugling in this wonderful strategy.
Thanks but like I said, that's just my approach/strategy to it. Might not work or be understandable to everyone. You still need to understand how to work with the dots and arrows on Xard's system because from what i've seen, in almost all of his systems the dots and arrows work the same. He might had some other indicator or feature or change some MAs in a different variant but the dots and arrows practically remain the same in almost all the systems and if you don't understand how those work, none of the other things will help. A good EA to use for backtesting the dots and arrows is soft4x simulator which was shared somewhere here sometime back.
These users thanked the author Coolcrow for the post:
Curioso

Coolcrow wrote: Sat Mar 23, 2024 3:17 am Thanks but like I said, that's just my approach/strategy to it. Might not work or be understandable to everyone. You still need to understand how to work with the dots and arrows on Xard's system because from what i've seen, in almost all of his systems the dots and arrows work the same. He might had some other indicator or feature or change some MAs in a different variant but the dots and arrows practically remain the same in almost all the systems and if you don't understand how those work, none of the other things will help. A good EA to use for backtesting the dots and arrows is soft4x simulator which was shared somewhere here sometime back.
Is there any other way to backtest the system? I never got the sf4x simulator to work so could never really test it, and since semaphores redraw can never be sure of how it would have been live.

ffsss wrote: Sat Mar 23, 2024 5:51 am Is there any other way to backtest the system? I never got the sf4x simulator to work so could never really test it, and since semaphores redraw can never be sure of how it would have been live.
I've never had a problem with Soft4FX. Even on my old laptop. Here is the one that I use and a guide on how to use it properly. Just copy the ex4 file to your experts folder and restart mt4 then refresh your indicators. Should work just fine.
These users thanked the author Coolcrow for the post (total 8):
knglerxst, Neroloft, ffsss, Curioso, eduarescobar, ParallelNative, Erebøs_X, Banzai

Coolcrow wrote: Sat Mar 23, 2024 3:41 pm I've never had a problem with Soft4FX. Even on my old laptop. Here is the one that I use and a guide on how to use it properly. Just copy the ex4 file to your experts folder and restart mt4 then refresh your indicators. Should work just fine.
Will try. One more question, i downloaded both systems you pointed but when loading the "###studydic.tpl" doesnt show any of them.

ffsss wrote: Sat Mar 23, 2024 9:12 pm Will try. One more question, i downloaded both systems you pointed but when loading the "###studydic.tpl" doesnt show any of them.
Go back to the same place you downloaded the tpl, scroll down a bit more and you'll see that he posted the indicators later on. here. post1295383593.html#p1295383593

Just to add, like I said before, this my own personalized way of trading, might work or might not work for you. I've found that people everywhere have different ways of trading and looking at things so most of the time, you can't just make someone else's way of trading work for you. For example, a member called ODJ has a system that works for him and he shared all the details here, but not matter how much I tried it, I just couldn't make it work for me. My hope is that you'll find a way to personalize or improve your own style with the info I gave.
These users thanked the author Coolcrow for the post (total 3):
Curioso, Andreas2000, ffsss

Coolcrow wrote: Sat Mar 23, 2024 10:19 pm Go back to the same place you downloaded the tpl, scroll down a bit more and you'll see that he posted the indicators later on. here. post1295383593.html#p1295383593

Just to add, like I said before, this my own personalized way of trading, might work or might not work for you. I've found that people everywhere have different ways of trading and looking at things so most of the time, you can't just make someone else's way of trading work for you. For example, a member called ODJ has a system that works for him and he shared all the details here, but not matter how much I tried it, I just couldn't make it work for me. My hope is that you'll find a way to personalize or improve your own style with the info I gave.
Yeah, i tried to use xard 2 times but could never be profitable using it so i abandoned it, so will try for a third time XD
These users thanked the author ffsss for the post:
Curioso

Hello,

In my opinion i share an resume helping me a lot, i share a few tips:

1. Very important is reading the post #1 is a resume for this thread, and of course read with detailed atention this post 2. Read a pdf attach on the latest strategy, it´s a very cool to understand this strategy 3. Explanation about all the dots 4. Next go to understand in better cases the logic behind SEMAs,DOTs, with pictures 5. In this latest versions it´s not possible change the values of EMA, so i prefered using this specific because to learning about that current settings are used 6. Learning using Strategy Tester on MetaTrader 4 , and take notes according your trading style

Just remember, like Mr XARD777 said and another members on this thread, this is not a rocket science, just follow the simple rules, but in the begging is not easy understand the logic, but it persistence, dedication, patient, if not working at first time, or in +1 year, if you want, you can do it if your propose and dedication if this, your life change in a shorter time when you reach the perfection entry and consistency at the end of the day/week or month, believe or not.

There a lot of superb content on this thread, and help an newbie and advanced traders, thank you all members who contribute in all content with detailed information, and make it happen every day. I hope this tips helps to you are reading this topic.