Re: Moving Average indicators for MT4

Lightningstorm7 wrote: Mon Apr 24, 2023 10:06 am Hello Kvak, Can you please add a text to this indicator that you modified on the lower right side of the chart that says "down" when a down arrow is drawn and "UP"
when a up arrow is drawn on the chart please?

! X2 PRICE ZONE mod1.mq4
I did not noticed your request, better to quote me directly, I will look on it over weekend, now is time to bed....

Super Smoother Guppy
(on/off button)

The Guppy Multiple Moving Average (GMMA) is a technical indicator that identifies changing trends, breakouts, and trading opportunities in the price of an asset by combining two groups of moving averages (MA) with different time periods.
The GMMA consists of a short-term group of MAs and a long-term group of MAs, both containing six MAs, for a total of 12, and is overlaid on the price chart of an asset.
The short-term MAs are typically set at 3, 5, 8, 10, 12, and 15 periods. The longer-term MAs are typically set at 30, 35, 40, 45, 50, and 60.
When the short-term group of averages moves above the longer-term group, it indicates a price uptrend in the asset could be emerging.
Conversely, when the short-term group falls below the longer-term group of MAs, a price downtrend in the asset could be starting.

What if we use John Ehlers' "Super Smoother MA" instead?
These users thanked the author Banzai for the post (total 7):
太虚一毫, sylvester21, thomdel, iPar, Ricstar_8, josi, RodrigoRT7

mrtools wrote: Mon Sep 12, 2022 7:40 am Corrected Average (CA)

Added arrows.

Just adding a quick description on this indicator below:

• The strength of the Corrected Average (CA) is:
  • that the current value of the time series differs from the current
  • volatility dependent threshold must be exceeded
  • so that the filter rises or falls, causing false signals
  • be avoided in phases with a weak trend.

-A.Uhl-
(on/off button)
These users thanked the author Banzai for the post (total 2):
太虚一毫, iPar