IndicatorVolume Indicators for MT4

#1
Volume Indicators for Metatrader 4

Volume Indicators Metatrader 4.png
Example: Volume shown on a ProRealTime Chart

Let's start by noting that when using MetaTrader:

  • MT4 uses Tick Volume
  • MT5 uses "Real" Volume

Studies have always shown that there's a strong correlation between "real" volume and tick volume, so do not be dissuaded by MT4's tick volume as it very closely follows "real" volume in MT5.

I'd like to share a Volume indicator which sees certain improvements over the standard MT4 Volume display.

This version has been made by our very own Mladen which, unlike most modified MT4 "Volume" indicators, opens on your main chart window and not in a sub-window.

Features:

  • Height adjustable Volume bars
  • Width adjustable Volume bars
  • Custom Volume coloured bars
  • Adjustable on chart Volume readings
Volume_(on_chart).ex4
(15.31 KiB) Downloaded 2942 times
Volume (on chart).mq4
(7.96 KiB) Downloaded 3701 times
On Chart Volume indicator MT4.jpg
Trade with the broker that supports our work! FBS are offering $140 to get you started! Click here to begin live trading, today.
No commissions are earned by Forex-station.


Guide to the "All Averages" Filters (ADXvma, Laguerre etc.) 🆕
How to draw Fibonacci Extensions the easy way
How to easily find & draw major Support & Resistance


Re: Volume Indicators for MT4

#2
Hi,

Thanks for posting this. Is the source code also available? There's a small bug in the code. 

When (Close == Open) the volume stays empty...and that's not quite correct.

Cheers

Re: Volume Indicators for MT4

#3
Snowski wrote:Hi,

Thanks for posting this. Is the source code also available? There's a small bug in the code. 

When (Close == Open) the volume stays empty...and that's not quite correct.

Cheers

Snow

It is not empty : it is a thin gray line in that case (you can change that in the colors)


Re: Volume Indicators for MT4

#6
Quite an interesting indicator that's caught my eye. I've given it a look over and it certainly seems viable for short-term scalping.
Hope you are successful with it 
EURUSDM15.jpg
Trade with the broker that supports our work! FBS are offering $140 to get you started! Click here to begin live trading, today.
No commissions are earned by Forex-station.


Guide to the "All Averages" Filters (ADXvma, Laguerre etc.) 🆕
How to draw Fibonacci Extensions the easy way
How to easily find & draw major Support & Resistance

Re: Volume Indicators for MT4

#8
Jimmy wrote:Quite an interesting indicator that's caught my eye. I've given it a look over and it certainly seems viable for short-term scalping.
Hope you are successful with it 

 

Thank you Jimmy still playing with it and adding some bells and whistles

Re: Volume Indicators for MT4

#9
Dear Bothers & sisters ,
As you masters are well aware that VOLUME is very important part of trading activity . Heace started this topic where esteemed community members can post their experiences , indicators & strategies related to volume if any INCLUDING IMPULSES , APEX , vertex , PEAKS & VALLEYS ETC  anthings which involves the use of volume as a base to calculate price & trend . i have attached few indicators from my collection for benefit of the community members. Your help , cooperation & coordination in making this thread a success will be highly appreciated .
VolumeXXX.zip
(1.32 MiB) Downloaded 7543 times

Re: Volume Indicators for MT4

#10
Bornleader wrote:Dear Bothers & sisters ,
                                 As you masters are well aware that VOLUME is very important part of trading activity . Heace started this topic where esteemed community members can post their experiences , indicators & strategies related to volume if any INCLUDING IMPULSES , APEX , vertex , PEAKS & VALLEYS ETC  anthings which involves the use of volume as a base to calculate price & trend . i have attached few indicators from my collection for benefit of the community members. Your help , cooperation & coordination in making this thread a success will be highly appreciated .
Hi Bornleader
I know one expert and volume loving fellow "krelian" and i think he will be better explain and share his ideas and expertise to us traders,only the problem i am seeing,he is a shy kind person though not always,so there is a chance,he may hesitating a bit the term  "VolumeXXX"    (especially when you calling all brothers/sisters)
Indicator is just a tool.

Use it only if it can benefit you. Leave it if you don't know how to use it optimally.


  1. Similar Topics

    1. Looking for Volume/Volatility indicators for MT4

      3 Replies 10125 Views

      by Pierceh_96, Wed May 01, 2019 2:49 pm in MT4 Indicators

      3 Replies
      10125 Views
    2. MT5 Volume indicators

      20 Replies 5066 Views

      by mrtools, Wed Nov 24, 2021 4:43 am in MT5 Indicators

      20 Replies
      5066 Views

Return to “MT4 Indicators”

Users viewing this forum: ayanboy, berserkyjc, CommonCrawl [Bot], dansmol, Facebook [Crawler], fibo7818, itpeeper, kvak, Majestic-12 [Bot], qdjack, rajkannamdu, Sepo, serrus, Telegram [Bot], TheJurgFX, Woodyz, yukselk and 90 guests