ADX_Smoothed Min

I just listened to a BST podcast, and the interviewed talked about an ADX that plots the min value of ADX from N bars ago instead of the actual value and he said it was one of the best to determine early reversals. Not too sure about it, but I programmed it, from a smoothed ADX by Ehlers
(only the main trend indicator is computed using barsBack, not DI+DI-)
enjoy
Jeff
link to interview :

EDIT : optimized the indi a bit
These users thanked the author ionone for the post:
zookeeper

Re: ADX_Smoothed Min

ionone wrote: Wed Apr 21, 2021 5:07 pm I just listened to a BST podcast, and the interviewed talked about an ADX that plots the min value of ADX from N bars ago instead of the actual value and he said it was one of the best to determine early reversals. Not too sure about it, but I programmed it, from a smoothed ADX by Ehlers
enjoy
Jeff
link to interview :

screenshot.24.jpg

EDIT : optimized the indi a bit
just watched the video... sounds interesting.
will try it out , thank you!

ionone wrote: Wed Apr 21, 2021 5:07 pm I just listened to a BST podcast, and the interviewed talked about an ADX that plots the min value of ADX from N bars ago instead of the actual value and he said it was one of the best to determine early reversals. Not too sure about it, but I programmed it, from a smoothed ADX by Ehlers
enjoy
Hi ionone,
Here on the chart I once have ADX Filled with period 18 and the ADX smoothed also with period 18.
What is the difference here other than the ADX line?
(Excuse my question, my knowledge of English is very poor, so I didn't understand anything about the video)
Thank you and best regards

These users thanked the author Skyold for the post:
ionone
We create order out of chaos - we trade that order, but sometimes that chaos is out of order, so we WAIT!!! for the order to return - and we trade again. XARD777

Skyold wrote: Wed Apr 21, 2021 10:40 pm Hi ionone,
Here on the chart I once have ADX Filled with period 18 and the ADX smoothed also with period 18.
What is the difference here other than the ADX line?
(Excuse my question, my knowledge of English is very poor, so I didn't understand anything about the video)
Thank you and best regards

Screenshot (152).png
Set the smooth to true
These users thanked the author mladen for the post (total 4):
Skyold, blonde, navid110, ionone