Re: Chaos Visual Averages Indicators for MT4

poaslk wrote: Wed Sep 09, 2020 4:16 am Hey, can I kindly ask you to add some performance checks and out of range arrays and fix memory leaks?
  • 1) performance checks: when I call

Code: Select all

iCustom(TRs,tT,"HaosVisual Averages",tZ,tY,tX,tV,-tV,tZ,tY,tX,tV,-tV,false,6,1)
    , mostly I get:
    It goes up to 10000ms!!!
    Suggestion: Can you add external variable to limit the amount of history bars calculated? Make no sense to calculate all history chart Bars. I need only last 3 months, maximum around 18000 bars for M5. Can you also make check if FirstWPR_values are equal to SecondWPR_values, not to calculate both WPRs? Or remove one and leave only one? I need only one. Or can you give option to remove calculation of one? This will speed up indicator calling. Make no sense to calculate both if only one result can be obtained through iCustom.
  • 2) out of range arrays:
    This happens for any smoothing method for any parameter, so it must be specific for the M5 and/or M15 periods. It looks like there is limit on history bars. Can you make sure that maximum arrays sizes are at least 18000? 3 months for M5?
  • 3) memory leaks:
    This might be related to array out of range, I cannot say or guess. I have 8Gb memory and MT4 eats it fast when I'm calling iCustoms on your indicator. It happens only when out of range arrays errors are presents, so it is probably memory leak caused by arrays.
I would fix it and tweak performance by myself, but no source code. Let me know if you need to run debug version on my terminal for further details. I can do testing for you.

Anyway, great indicator, except performance issues. Thanks!
Don't have the source code either.. If you don't mind how are you using it in your trading? Maybe can make a version or maybe try the chaos version, think this would be an upgraded haos visual.

mrtools wrote: Wed Sep 09, 2020 5:18 am Don't have the source code either.. If you don't mind how are you using it in your trading? Maybe can make a version or maybe try the chaos version, think this would be an upgraded haos visual.
Hey mrTools!
So, maybe Jimmy can comment or has a source code? Who is the author of the indicator? Can you possibly point me out on the author of the indicator [Haos or Chaos]?

Chaos version is downgrade not an upgrade. It is 2-3 times slower and kills MT4 quickly. It has a lot of not useful junk in it like MTF, alerts and so on. I do not mind to use Chaos, if you can remove MTF, alerts and tune up the performance as mentioned previously. Otherwise it is not of any use. Do you have source code for the Chaos indicator?

I always KISS /Keep It Simple Stupid/, two scenarios:
  • 1) Trend: if indicator is higher than tV, it is a Buy, if it is lower than -tV, it is a Sell.
  • 2) Reversal: if indicator is higher than tV, it s a Sell, if it is lower than -tV, it is a Buy.
Variables tT, tZ, tY, tX, tV are of course different for both scenarios.
These users thanked the author poaslk for the post:
RockRobb

poaslk wrote: Wed Sep 09, 2020 7:54 pm

Hey mrTools!
So, maybe Jimmy can comment or has a source code? Who is the author of the indicator? Can you possibly point me out on the author of the indicator [Haos or Chaos]?

Chaos version is downgrade not an upgrade. It is 2-3 times slower and kills MT4 quickly. It has a lot of not useful junk in it like MTF, alerts and so on. I do not mind to use Chaos, if you can remove MTF, alerts and tune up the performance as mentioned previously. Otherwise it is not of any use. Do you have source code for the Chaos indicator?

I always KISS /Keep It Simple Stupid/, two scenarios:
  • 1) Trend: if indicator is higher than tV, it is a Buy, if it is lower than -tV, it is a Sell.
  • 2) Reversal: if indicator is higher than tV, it s a Sell, if it is lower than -tV, it is a Buy.
Variables tT, tZ, tY, tX, tV are of course different for both scenarios.
No don't have the source for chaos either, the version i worked on is the original Haos visual that Mladen cleaned up, done a version with T3 smoothed wpr and one more average wpr, my versions i don't have the source either after my last laptop died, and I didn't back up, but can make a new version.

mrtools wrote: Thu Sep 10, 2020 2:06 am No don't have the source for chaos either, the version i worked on is the original Haos visual that Mladen cleaned up, done a version with T3 smoothed wpr and one more average wpr, my versions i don't have the source either after my last laptop died, and I didn't back up, but can make a new version.
A new version of Haos Visual would be super awesome brother. It's such a good indicator.

Hoping you'll be able to retrieve your old files from the dead laptop hard drive some day, too! :thumbup:
These users thanked the author Jimmy for the post (total 2):
Skyold, charli
Are you looking for a Forex broker? FBS cuts spreads by up to 58%. Click here to begin your trading journey, today.
No commissions are earned by Forex-station.

Guide to the "All Averages" Filters (ADXvma, Laguerre etc.) 🆕
Use Fibonacci numbers for indicator settings + How to draw Fibonacci Extensions
An easy trick for drawing Support & Resistance

Jimmy wrote: Thu Sep 10, 2020 2:17 am

A new version of Haos Visual would be super awesome brother. It's such a good indicator.

Hoping you'll be able to retrieve your old files from the dead laptop hard drive some day, too! :thumbup:
Looking for ideas how to improve, thinking maybe some dynamic zones, dsl type zones, etc but can't decide on using the fast wpr or the slow wpr, also which ma's to use etc. all ideas welcome!

IdeaRe: Chaos Visual Averages Indicators for MT4

mrtools wrote: Thu Sep 10, 2020 6:42 am Looking for ideas how to improve, thinking maybe some dynamic zones, dsl type zones, etc but can't decide on using the fast wpr or the slow wpr, also which ma's to use etc. all ideas welcome!
Legendary, this is going to be a great project. Thanks for taking this on!

So far it looks like the most popular request is Divergences. How about adjustable on-chart text that tells us of the overall trend depending on the Slow WPR if it has crossed the 0.0 median line (to help trend traders).

Here's Chaos Vs Haos. Although both are identical, Haos seems a lot better for Trend traders as the Slow WPR is shown as a Histogram which gives us a clearer view of the trend. In Chaos, it's a bit harder to gauge this as there is no Histogram of the Slow WPR, so Chaos is more suited for Counter-trend traders :P

As per comparison, Haos (bottom indicator on the chart) shows us the trend a lot clearer with it's Slow WPR Histogram. I think it would be very nice to have this Histogram's text to help new traders ie:

• If Slow WPR is above the 0.0 median, the text would say "Trend is Up" or "Uptrend"
  • If Slow WPR is below the 0.0 median, the text would say "Trend is Down" or "Downtrend"

PS: Mrtools sent you another Haos source code to your inbox bro.
These users thanked the author Jimmy for the post (total 2):
Kiwi, mwaschkowski
Are you looking for a Forex broker? FBS cuts spreads by up to 58%. Click here to begin your trading journey, today.

Jimmy wrote: Thu Sep 10, 2020 8:13 pm
  • If Slow WPR is above the 0.0 median, the text would say "Trend is Up" or "Uptrend"
  • If Slow WPR is below the 0.0 median, the text would say "Trend is Down" or "Downtrend"
Better to make it general not only 0, but when it crosses wpr up/down level instead, both wpr up/down levels can be set to 0 in order to fulfill your request.
Jimmy wrote: Thu Sep 10, 2020 8:13 pm PS: Mrtools sent you another Haos source code to your inbox bro.
Jimmy, so you have the source code? Can you fix the mentioned performance and memory leaks I mentioned earlier? If you send me the source code, I can fix it by myself and send the tuned up version back to you. Or possibly make further adjustments as you request. I prefer simplicity over silly features like coloring though, but if someone want silly enhancements, I can do version for others. If you do not trust me maybe mrTools can fix the issues? Just want to get rid of these performance issues. That would be more than enough for me.

poaslk wrote: Thu Sep 10, 2020 8:47 pm Jimmy, so you have the source code? Can you fix the mentioned performance and memory leaks I mentioned earlier? If you send me the source code, I can fix it by myself and send the tuned up version back to you. Or possibly make further adjustments as you request. I prefer simplicity over silly features like coloring though, but if someone want silly enhancements, I can do version for others. If you do not trust me maybe mrTools can fix the issues? Just want to get rid of these performance issues. That would be more than enough for me.
Hi, welcome to the forum. I'm trying to locate through our old files some of the Haos source codes that may help Mrtools with the new rebuild.

Now, on the topic of source codes, you're pretty new here, perhaps we should get to know you a bit more before you start requesting for them! It's actually against our rules and it's stated right above this topic "no source code requests". Are you able to code? If you're able to, please get involved with the forum first and contribute. We're always looking for some extra help :)

That saying, let's hope Mrtools will look into this issue in his newer version of Haos. For now, we're hoping to see more activity from you and other newer members here.

Back on topic, let's get more suggestions happening here :thumbup:

Jimmy wrote: Thu Sep 10, 2020 9:19 pm Now, on the topic of source codes, you're pretty new here, perhaps we should get to know you a bit more before you start requesting for them! It's actually against our rules and it's stated right above this topic "no source code requests". Are you able to code? If you're able to, please get involved with the forum first and contribute. We're always looking for some extra help :)
Hey Jimmy, yes, I'm aware of the rules:) just was trying to give you options. I do not need source code, just fixed version. Yes, I can code, but it is extremely hard to contribute, if nobody here shares source codes:) I could possibly use source codes from other sites, but that's not my style. So probably the best start will be some assistance to mrTools.

mrTools, as mentioned before, if you need to test debug version I'm available to run it on my terminal. If you do not know how to add debugging into MQL code, just let me know I will send you the code needed. And/or if any assistance needed, just let me know. Also, the error:
2020.09.10 14:43:24.748 HaosVisual Averages USDJPY,M15: array out of range in 'HaosVisual averages.mq4' (302,14)
suggests, that static arrays are used, probably change to dynamic arrays would be better, than arrays can be dynamically resized and memory can be freed with ArrayFree?
Anyway, let me know, if anything.