Re: Coding Help

Newton51 wrote: Sun Apr 30, 2017 4:52 pm Thanks mladen. I feared this was the case. I was hoping I could assign a double max = INDICATOR_MAXIMUM etc. I'll waste no more time on this then and just manually update the values. I appreciate your prompt reply.
It is a pity though : one could do some good things with that

Newton51 wrote: Sun Apr 30, 2017 10:27 am I don't see how I can edit/update my earlier query.

The problem I am trying to solve is associated with the MT4 auto-scaling.
Since posting the above, I have manually entered the scale maximum and scale minimum and get the result I am trying to measure. So my question is simply .... Is there a way to automatically capture the scale max and scale min values showing on the right side of the sub-window so I can avoid the need to periodically review/update changes in values?
I stand corrected
You can do that - see the following code - and it works in run-time too

Code: Select all

Comment("Current fixed minimum : "+(string)WindowPriceMin(WindowFind(shortName))+"\n"+
           "Current fixed maximum : "+(string)WindowPriceMax(WindowFind(shortName)));

Mladen
I set this indicator up with a trendpm but I can't get it to show a 1 or -1 on the data window, it just shows blank.
Also the lines only work on current time, can you look into that?

line 301 if(rsiPriceLine>bandMiddle) trendpm = 1;
line 302 if(rsiPriceLine<bandMiddle) trendpm = -1;

Thank you and thanks for the wave trend info apparently my test indicator which tells me which buffer is trend is bad.
Ray

traderduke wrote: Tue May 02, 2017 1:03 am Mladen
I set this indicator up with a trendpm but I can't get it to show a 1 or -1 on the data window, it just shows blank.
Also the lines only work on current time, can you look into that?

line 301 if(rsiPriceLine>bandMiddle) trendpm = 1;
line 302 if(rsiPriceLine<bandMiddle) trendpm = -1;

Thank you and thanks for the wave trend info apparently my test indicator which tells me which buffer is trend is bad.
Ray

RK-TDI_mtf_v1.04_ALV.mq4

It is there - no changes in code made at all - just attached the indicator to the chart :
Attachments

traderduke wrote: Tue May 02, 2017 1:30 am My bad! I had my M30 chart with TDI 60M time frame, so the trendpm only work on current time, can you look into that?

sorry & thanks
Ray
Add this line :

trendpm[i]       = iCustom(NULL,timeFrame,indicatorFileName,"calculateValue",RsiPeriod,RsiPrice,RsiPriceLinePeriod,RsiPriceLineMAMode,RsiSignalLinePeriod,RsiSignalLineMAMode,VolatilityBandPeriod,VolatilityBandMAMode,VolatilityBandMultiplier,ShowArrows,arrowsIdentifier,arrowsUpperGap,arrowsLowerGap,arrowsUpColor,arrowsDnColor,arrowsUpCode,arrowsDnCode,7,y);
after line 365

mladen wrote: Mon May 01, 2017 6:47 pm I stand corrected
You can do that - see the following code - and it works in run-time too

Comment("Current fixed minimum : "+(string)WindowPriceMin(WindowFind(shortName))+"\n"+
           "Current fixed maximum : "+(string)WindowPriceMax(WindowFind(shortName)));
Thank you so much for thinking more on this query and offering this solution. I had abandoned attempting this mission but will now implement this with optimism. Very much appreciated mladen.