Re: Coding Help

GannErik wrote:Hello MLADEN,

Very nice forex website! Long live Forex Station!

I was wondering if it could be possible to convert this indicator to MT5 platform?

Regards.
Hi GannErik
You are welcome here,thanks for joining us
regards
Indicator is just a tool.

Use it only if it can benefit you. Leave it if you don't know how to use it optimally.

GannErik wrote:Hello MLADEN,

Very nice forex website! Long live Forex Station!

I was wondering if it could be possible to convert this indicator to MT5 platform?

Regards.
There is already centered TMA for mt5
As of "TMA slope" : I would like to keep reasons why I do not consider that kind of "normalization" as a valid normalization for me, and I really would not like to be responsible for something that will again start an avalanche of "repaint" to "recalculate" dispute but in metatrader 5 this time. I am quite confident that the creators of the "TMA slope" will do the converting job - eventually

Hi Mladen. Congrats on the new site. It looks nice.  I gave you this indicator to code for me a year or 2 ago asking you to show me the average true range of a defined period of candles and the range of the current candle and I asked you to add the ratio of current range/ATR. May you please change this so that instead of the current candle range, the previous candle range is shown and the information that the indicator provides is based on the weekly chart so that on every chart regardless of the timeframe I am able to see: the ATR of the weekly chart over a period of time that I can select, the range of the previous week candle(right before the current candle) and finally the ratio of Previous week candle range/ATR of weekly chart. I hope this is clear. I have the indicators that you worked on. 1 of them is an ex4 file that you made and the other is a mq4 file. Thanks in advance so much Mladen

Sharingan9 wrote:Hi Mladen. Congrats on the new site. It looks nice.  I gave you this indicator to code for me a year or 2 ago asking you to show me the average true range of a defined period of candles and the range of the current candle and I asked you to add the ratio of current range/ATR. May you please change this so that instead of the current candle range, the previous candle range is shown and the information that the indicator provides is based on the weekly chart so that on every chart regardless of the timeframe I am able to see: the ATR of the weekly chart over a period of time that I can select, the range of the previous week candle(right before the current candle) and finally the ratio of Previous week candle range/ATR of weekly chart. I hope this is clear. I have the indicators that you worked on. 1 of them is an ex4 file that you made and the other is a mq4 file. Thanks in advance so much Mladen

Try out this version
These users thanked the author mladen for the post:
H1976

mladen wrote:
Try out this version
Hey Mladen. Thanks for the response. I see you have added the ATR bar but there are 2 issues:

1. When I change the ATRbar setting from 0 to 1 it changes the current candle size to the previous candle size which is good but I also notice that the ATR also changes. What I am looking for is for two numbers to be plotted: The ATR and the range of the candle right before he current candle so the second candle without the changing the ATR. So for example, i have current candle setting picture of EURUSD 15m chart is where the settings are period 10. You see one picture the ATR reads 8 and the current candle reads 6.6 and the ratio of 6.6/8. I want the indicator to still show ATR as 8.0 and just show me the previous candle range which is 10.6 and then show the calculation of previous candle(10.6)/ATR(8). But every time I change the ATRbar from 0 to 1 to show the previous candle range it also changes the ATR to 8.7 as shown in the previous candle picture

2. Instead of it saying "previous range" can you make it say"previous range"?

thanks alot in advance. sorry to be a bother
Attachments

Sharingan9 wrote:
Hey Mladen. Thanks for the response. I see you have added the ATR bar but there are 2 issues:

1. When I change the ATRbar setting from 0 to 1 it changes the current candle size to the previous candle size which is good but I also notice that the ATR also changes. What I am looking for is for two numbers to be plotted: The ATR and the range of the candle right before he current candle so the second candle without the changing the ATR. So for example, i have current candle setting picture of EURUSD 15m chart is where the settings are period 10. You see one picture the ATR reads 8 and the current candle reads 6.6 and the ratio of 6.6/8. I want the indicator to still show ATR as 8.0 and just show me the previous candle range which is 10.6 and then show the calculation of previous candle(10.6)/ATR(8). But every time I change the ATRbar from 0 to 1 to show the previous candle range it also changes the ATR to 8.7 as shown in the previous candle picture

2. Instead of it saying "previous range" can you make it say"previous range"?

thanks alot in advance. sorry to be a bother

Change line 45 from this :

Code: Select all

mAtr = iATR(NULL,0, mAtrPrd, AtrBar) / Point / mPipFact;
to this

mAtr = iATR(NULL,0, mAtrPrd, 0) / Point / mPipFact;

Sharingan9 wrote:Great thanks Mladen that worked. Just very quickly though, how do I change the words "Current range" to "Previous range"? thanks  
For that change line 48 to this :

ObjectSetText(UniqueID, "ATR " + DoubleToStr(mAtr, 1) + " : Rng " + DoubleToStr(mRng, 1)+" - Previous range / ATR = "+DoubleToStr(mRng/mAtr,3), mTextSize, 

mladen wrote:
For that change line 48 to this :

ObjectSetText(UniqueID, "ATR " + DoubleToStr(mAtr, 1) + " : Rng " + DoubleToStr(mRng, 1)+" - Previous range / ATR = "+DoubleToStr(mRng/mAtr,3), mTextSize, 
Mladen you are a coding wizard genius. Thank you so much brother!! everything is perfect now. thanks so much

mrtools wrote:
Hi Benn, added the mtf, seems to be working ok.

hi mrtools,
could you please add alert to this indicator, both sound alert(optional) and another one sent the journal mentioning the pair name and the timeframe and the price

sorry for the so many requests

thank you very much

sorry for the mess