Re: Trend Indicators

mladen wrote: Tue Jul 04, 2017 5:18 pm You can use zero as level (set any of the pair of levels to 0) and then it will alerts you on zero crosses
As far as levels crosses are concerned : the code is correct - no need for any change
What you are suggesting is that I use the indicator on individual charts and set it to zero whereas I need this indicator to alert me, from one chart, which of the currencies has crossed a level, both up and down.
I hope you can see the logic of prospecting for a weak currency against a strong currency from one chart using this (adapted) indicator to alert for trading opportunities.
Regards
TEAMTRADER

TEAMTRADER wrote:Tue Jul 04, 2017 10:11 pm What you are suggesting is that I use the indicator on individual charts and set it to zero whereas I need this indicator to alert me, from one chart, which of the currencies has crossed a level, both up and down.
I hope you can see the logic of prospecting for a weak currency against a strong currency from one chart using this (adapted) indicator to alert for trading opportunities.
Regards
TEAMTRADER
No
What I am suggesting is that you adjust (some of) the parameters of the indicator in order to make it do what you are asking for without changing the code of it

mladen wrote:Wed Jul 05, 2017 7:45 pm

No
What I am suggesting is that you adjust (some of) the parameters of the indicator in order to make it do what you are asking for without changing the code of it
Sorry, I have already tried adding in a zero cross whilst retaining two of the four the original parameters but it did not work.
Also it continues to alert when currencies cross each other and this facility cannot be disabled. The important currency cross is ONLY when it is a currency cross when BOTH currencies are either above or below the zero level. The current format alerts when all currencies cross each other and that fulcrum can be identified by any indicator.
This is a great prospecting tool if it can be adapted but in its current form is not helpful.
In summary:
1. Zero crosses both up and down to identify the strong and weak; and
2. Currency crosses only when both currencies are above zero and when both currencies are below zero.
Is this something that can be adapted from this indicator?
Thanks
TEAMTRADER

TEAMTRADER wrote:Wed Jul 05, 2017 8:22 pm
Sorry, I have already tried adding in a zero cross whilst retaining two of the four the original parameters but it did not work.
Also it continues to alert when currencies cross each other and this facility cannot be disabled. The important currency cross is ONLY when it is a currency cross when BOTH currencies are either above or below the zero level. The current format alerts when all currencies cross each other and that fulcrum can be identified by any indicator.
This is a great prospecting tool if it can be adapted but in its current form is not helpful.
In summary:
1. Zero crosses both up and down to identify the strong and weak; and
2. Currency crosses only when both currencies are above zero and when both currencies are below zero.
Is this something that can be adapted from this indicator?
Thanks
TEAMTRADER
Sorry
That version can not be made to do that
Why don't you use some of the old versions that had alerts on zero cross?

mladen wrote:Fri Jul 07, 2017 12:51 am

Sorry
That version can not be made to do that
Why don't you use some of the old versions that had alerts on zero cross?
Thanks, the older versions still have the pairs cross as standard so are no use.
The ultimate objective is to create a signal on the ‘prospecting chart’ which will alert the trader to the weakest of the weak currencies – and trade against that currency.
I will probably have to get one made.
Thanks
TEAMTRADER

TEAMTRADER wrote:Fri Jul 07, 2017 1:54 am

Thanks, the older versions still have the pairs cross as standard so are no use.
The ultimate objective is to create a signal on the ‘prospecting chart’ which will alert the trader to the weakest of the weak currencies – and trade against that currency.
I will probably have to get one made.
Thanks
TEAMTRADER
Old versions (the ones that were made first) did not have symbols cross alerts - since that required 32 possible alert types - only zero cross alerts