Re: Trend Indicators

mladen wrote:Sat Jul 01, 2017 12:24 am

The issue is what is the "strength"
If we had some math definition of "strength" then the indicator could be made too
I dont know whats the exact formula to be employed, but I guess it will have to look into the pair correlations and see what individual currency is doing.

Maybe things like these.

It should tell me which currencies are gaining strength, which are flat and which are losing strength. So I can make out which pairs are strongly trending.
This indi kind of works (but also slows down my mt4 for some reason) but I would like to see more stuff like these.
Know Thy Setup. Know Thyself.

shaileshm wrote:Sat Jul 01, 2017 1:45 am

I dont know whats the exact formula to be employed, but I guess it will have to look into the pair correlations and see what individual currency is doing.

Maybe things like these.

It should tell me which currencies are gaining strength, which are flat and which are losing strength. So I can make out which pairs are strongly trending.
This indi kind of works (but also slows down my mt4 for some reason) but I would like to see more stuff like these.
Majority of "strength" indicator I have seen are simply using some range (daily usually) and then they are comparing the current price to that range. Or something very similar

Correlations are quite different from that (check the correlations I have made and check some of the correlation modes that it cab calculate - but it seems that when no "clear %" is show - as it is not - since there can not be a c"clear 5" - people do not use things like that). And people always forget one thing : whenever some "normalization" is done, the value is "deformed". Deforming the value is giving us a false feeling of knowing what is going on. Better to use start forward "deformers" (like stochastic and rsi) than masked ones (at least that is my opinion)

Use stochastic for multiple pair - it will tell you more about currency strength than any "strength" indicator

I have been trying to get a template indicating the strength of the individual currencies.
The best indicator so far is this one I have attached but it needs to have amendments.
1. Could it be amended to add 'zero' to the crossed levels that create the alert? Also if the code could be checked as the current 'crossing level' alerts rarely seem to work.
2. Could it be amended to add the alert when ONLY the levels are broken BOTH up and down by a single currency? That is not the pairs crossing each other.
2. Could it be amended to remove, temporarily, the pairs crossing alert? The result will only alert when a currency crosses above and below the levels.
Thanks
TEAMTRADER
PS
This is probably the wrong thread to ask for amendments but if it is not accepted please let me know and I will repost.
Thanks

TEAMTRADER wrote:Tue Jul 04, 2017 4:17 am I have been trying to get a template indicating the strength of the individual currencies.
The best indicator so far is this one I have attached but it needs to have amendments.
1. Could it be amended to add 'zero' to the crossed levels that create the alert? Also if the code could be checked as the current 'crossing level' alerts rarely seem to work.
2. Could it be amended to add the alert when ONLY the levels are broken BOTH up and down by a single currency? That is not the pairs crossing each other.
2. Could it be amended to remove, temporarily, the pairs crossing alert? The result will only alert when a currency crosses above and below the levels.
Thanks
TEAMTRADER
PS
This is probably the wrong thread to ask for amendments but if it is not accepted please let me know and I will repost.
Thanks
You can use zero as level (set any of the pair of levels to 0) and then it will alerts you on zero crosses
As far as levels crosses are concerned : the code is correct - no need for any change