Re: Are brokers moving away from MT4 and MT5?

MT4 is being shutdown across brokers and prop firms because the owner of MetaQuotes is discontinuing MT4 and wanting everyone to migrate to MT5, so why bother continuing to request new indicators being made in MQL4 code?
It's a very sad time for the Forex community in multiple different ways.
My goal is to make advanced algorithm strategies, coded and simplified.
Trading psychology and ease-of-use are top priorities.

-GoldenBrett90

GoldenBrett90 wrote: Thu Mar 21, 2024 2:24 pm MT4 is being shutdown across brokers and prop firms because the owner of MetaQuotes is discontinuing MT4 and wanting everyone to migrate to MT5, so why bother continuing to request new indicators being made in MQL4 code?
It's a very sad time for the Forex community in multiple different ways.
No need to worry MT4 was just updated to Build 1415 on March 1.

It's still the most important forex platform in the world and there's plenty of life left in it 😜
These users thanked the author boytoy for the post:
Jedidiah

All prop firms have already dropped, or in the process of dropping MT4, and most brokers are no longer allowed to have a license on it, anymore.
I've been trying for months just to open a DEMO account, and can hardly find even a few brokers out of the dozens that will even let me open one up.
My prop firm shutdown their MT4 and created their own platform, so I got my money and left for sketchy Binary Options.
The Russian owner guy of MetaQuotes said he's shutting it all down by the end of this year. It's already dead to me and most.
Creating new indicators for MT4 is pretty much worthless...
My goal is to make advanced algorithm strategies, coded and simplified.
Trading psychology and ease-of-use are top priorities.

-GoldenBrett90

GoldenBrett90 wrote: Thu Mar 21, 2024 6:05 pm The Russian owner guy of MetaQuotes said he's shutting it all down by the end of this year. It's already dead to me and most.
Creating new indicators for MT4 is pretty much worthless...
Sorry you feel that way bud. What will you do now that you've totally given up on the MT4 bros?

Also, where did the owner exactly say he is shutting it down by the end of the year? Source?
These users thanked the author boytoy for the post:
moey_dw

GoldenBrett90 wrote: Thu Mar 21, 2024 6:05 pm The Russian owner guy of MetaQuotes said he's shutting it all down by the end of this year.
boytoy wrote: Thu Mar 21, 2024 6:35 pm Source?
These users thanked the author moey_dw for the post (total 2):
Jedidiah, boytoy
Official Forex-station GIF animator at your service 👨‍⚖️
See a GIF with Forex-station.com on it? I probably made it
The best divergence indicator in the world.
Real news exists: Infowars.com 👈

moey_dw wrote: Fri Mar 22, 2024 3:28 pm Crickets-chirping-text-tumbleweed.gif
You're seriously not aware of what thread you're on, huh?
How about you scroll to the front page of this thread, follow the links to the official MQL5 post, and get a clue?
And it's clear that few people here actually trade, because MT4 is dead.
I don't know what you're not understanding when I've said my prop firm and ALL PROP FIRMS have abandoned MT4 and so have most brokers, because you can't even get a demo account from most brokers.

No trading ever goes on here, apparently!

If MetaQuotes actually stops updating MT4 and brokers stop using it, that would be extremely inconvenient for most of us who depend on many custom MT4 indicators for trading. The main problem would be converting all our MT4 indicators and EAs to MT5. I tried learning Mql5 and converting code to MT5 but it's not that easy. Is there any software that can at least make the conversion process easier? The best solution would be for MetaQuotes to create a conversion software then the transition to MT5 would be smooth and easy. Otherwise, we will have to seriously learn to code in Mql5 and do the conversion ourselves before the end of this year.
These users thanked the author global for the post (total 3):
GoldenBrett90, moey_dw, boytoy

GoldenBrett90 wrote: Sat Mar 23, 2024 3:04 am You're seriously not aware of what thread you're on, huh?
How about you scroll to the front page of this thread, follow the links to the official MQL5 post, and get a clue?
And it's clear that few people here actually trade, because MT4 is dead.
I don't know what you're not understanding when I've said my prop firm and ALL PROP FIRMS have abandoned MT4 and so have most brokers, because you can't even get a demo account from most brokers.

No trading ever goes on here, apparently!
You're a charlatan and retail traders who trade with prop firms are noobs who make zilch.

Which firm are you being funded by big boy?

Post up your verified results and i'll show you mine..... then we'll see who really does the trading here
These users thanked the author moey_dw for the post (total 2):
Jedidiah, boytoy

moey_dw wrote: Sat Mar 23, 2024 4:36 pm You're a charlatan and retail traders who trade with prop firms are noobs who make zilch.

Which firm are you being funded by big boy?

Post up your verified results and i'll show you mine..... then we'll see who really does the trading here
Nothing like a good old trader challenge.

So Moey bro sounds like you're not with a firm anymore? Your last Deel payout looked decent
These users thanked the author ChuChu Rocket for the post (total 2):
Jedidiah, boytoy
Important: The worst forex brokers of all time 👎

ChuChu Rocket wrote: Sat Mar 23, 2024 5:05 pm Nothing like a good old trader challenge.

So Moey bro sounds like you're not with a firm anymore? Your last Deel payout looked decent
Left that funded trading bs early last year trading for myself now mostly futures fixed income..... some fx too
These users thanked the author moey_dw for the post:
boytoy