Re: Are brokers moving away from MT4 and MT5?

MetaQuotes' CEO -----

"MetaTrader 4 has not been sold to brokers for several years and is gradually disappearing from the scene. We cannot force you to refuse. But most likely we will announce its End of Life this fall, so that the management level will understand that it is unreasonable to sit on a stopped platform that is 18 years old."

https://www.mql5.com/ru/forum/447913/pa ... t_47264936

MT4 End Of Life --- https://www.mql5.com/en/forum/454319

Andrei Iakovlev # :

"What does "End of Life" mean? Will it stop connecting to servers?"

MetaQuotes' CEO ----

"End of active support and updates."

It would seem that as far as MetaQuotes is concerned the move away from MT4 is immanent. I seem to remember coming across an APP about three years ago that automatically transfers MT4 indi's over to MT5 but I cant remember where I saw it. It was a little over $200.
These users thanked the author knsxrty459 for the post:
moey_dw

LikeRe: Are brokers moving away from MT4 and MT5?

knsxrty459 wrote: Mon Nov 27, 2023 1:47 pm It would seem that as far as MetaQuotes is concerned the move away from MT4 is immanent. I seem to remember coming across an APP about three years ago that automatically transfers MT4 indi's over to MT5 but I cant remember where I saw it. It was a little over $200.
I remember that app it was okay but couldn't convert many indicators and had compiling errors... I still love MT4 and will always use it even when it's no longer supported. Thanks to Metaquotes for also confirming it will still be useable just not updated which gives MT4 veterans a choice 👍

We are now on Build 1400 and hopefully more to come but I'm content with this build now!! Will you still use MT4 when it's no longer supported with updates too??
Official Forex-station GIF animator at your service 👨‍⚖️
See a GIF with Forex-station.com on it? I probably made it
The best divergence indicator in the world.
Real news exists: Infowars.com 👈

moey_dw wrote: Mon Nov 27, 2023 4:12 pm We are now on Build 1400 and hopefully more to come but I'm content with this build now!! Will you still use MT4 when it's no longer supported with updates too??
I will always use Mt4.... If for anything just for charting purposes. What concerns me is after a long time goes by and there has been no security patches or updates in that regard holding large sums of money in a Mt4 account feels little scary to me . Not that I'm a big roller but you get what I mean .
Since Mt5 is almost as old as Mt4 what they need to do is to start building MT6 to compete with TradingView

knsxrty459 wrote: Mon Nov 27, 2023 5:11 pm I will always use Mt4.... If for anything just for charting purposes. What concerns me is after a long time goes by and there has been no security patches or updates in that regard holding large sums of money in a Mt4 account feels little scary to me . Not that I'm a big roller but you get what I mean .
Since Mt5 is almost as old as Mt4 what they need to do is to start building MT6 to compete with TradingView
Hey you've got a good point I guess that's part of the selling point to move to MT5 but MT4 seems pretty robust in terms of security.

Curious to know what makes still prefer MT4 platform over MT5 (or even TradingView)? Is it the low resource sort of "lightness" to it?
Important: The worst forex brokers of all time 👎

Metaquotes have announced a number of times over the years that they were going to close MT4 down but so far never did. The problem is MT4 is still very popular and still earning Metaquotes a lot of money.

Metaquotes did stick to their word that they would produce no further upgrades to MT4, only MT5. But they do regularly update MT4 with security patches or what ever is needed to keep the platform safe, they would be liable if they didn't.
These users thanked the author Ogee for the post:
maroka