Re: Convert MT4 indicators to MT5

@carlosmartins, would you mind posting up an MT4 screenshot of the original indicator please?
These users thanked the author JohnnyRy for the post:
carlosmartins
“[A]s we know, there are known knowns—there are things we know we know. We also know there are known unknowns—that is to say we know there are some things we do not know. But there are also unknown unknowns—the ones we don’t know we don’t know.”—Donald Rumsfeld, 2002

JohnnyRy wrote: Thu Feb 22, 2024 2:59 am @carlosmartins, would you mind posting up an MT4 screenshot of the original indicator please?
Of course Johnny! Thank you for ask me... I appreciate your help!
Below are the images.
The first two show the h1 chat up to the current candle. Note that in mt5 the chart is not updated... the other images with a past interval showing a period of 24 hours before the indicator even appears but not in the same way (compared to the mt4 chart) Both are set with the exponential moving average of 20 periods and theoretically was supposed to show the same histogram format.
Attachments

carlosmartins wrote: Fri Feb 23, 2024 12:18 am Of course Johnny! Thank you for ask me... I appreciate your help!
Below are the images.
The first two show the h1 chat up to the current candle. Note that in mt5 the chart is not updated... the other images with a past interval showing a period of 24 hours before the indicator even appears but not in the same way (compared to the mt4 chart) Both are set with the exponential moving average of 20 periods and theoretically was supposed to show the same histogram format.
After fiddling around with MT5, I see that mrtools' code appears to be working as intended. An update to build 4198 was hanging in limbo in my MT5 platform. As I do my coding in a demo platform, this happens a lot. Anyway, I disabled my EA's that were running, restarted/updated MT5, clicked Hide All in the Market Watch window, and reattached mrtools' indicator. I previously viewed a blank indicator subwindow thanks to the hanging update. Perhaps you have a similar issue?
“[A]s we know, there are known knowns—there are things we know we know. We also know there are known unknowns—that is to say we know there are some things we do not know. But there are also unknown unknowns—the ones we don’t know we don’t know.”—Donald Rumsfeld, 2002

pierodicarlo wrote: Fri Mar 08, 2024 8:19 am Could anyone convert this Indicator from MQ5/MT5 to MQ4/MT4 please?

Indicator: ZigZag + Fibo / ZigZag NK Fibo
Welcome, pierodicarlo. I see that this is your first post in the forum. Thanks for posting up an interesting MT5 indicator that I haven't seen before.

If I were you, I would see mrtools' previous posts in this thread at post1295533224.html#p1295533224 and post1295532354.html#p1295532354, and the concise set of forum rules at the-most-exciting-set-of-forum-rules-yo ... 72780.html
These users thanked the author JohnnyRy for the post (total 2):
moey_dw, pierodicarlo

LikeRe: Convert MT4 indicators to MT5

JohnnyRy wrote: Mon Mar 11, 2024 1:48 am Welcome, pierodicarlo. I see that this is your first post in the forum. Thanks for posting up an interesting MT5 indicator that I haven't seen before.

If I were you, I would see mrtools' previous posts in this thread at post1295533224.html#p1295533224 and post1295532354.html#p1295532354, and the concise set of forum rules at the-most-exciting-set-of-forum-rules-yo ... 72780.html
I ask you to forgive my inelegance.

I hadn't read the Post about good conduct yet.

I am extremely impressed with the quality of this forum, the proactiveness of the members, the generosity of the developers, all of this is commendable! Congratulations! I became a fan!

But anyway, maybe the Indicator that I posted could be useful for everyone here in the community.

And if there is anyone willing to rewrite this indicator for MT4, I and everyone would be extremely grateful.

I will wait.
These users thanked the author pierodicarlo for the post:
RodrigoRT7

pierodicarlo wrote: Tue Mar 12, 2024 7:47 am I ask you to forgive my inelegance.

I hadn't read the Post about good conduct yet.

I am extremely impressed with the quality of this forum, the proactiveness of the members, the generosity of the developers, all of this is commendable! Congratulations! I became a fan!

But anyway, maybe the Indicator that I posted could be useful for everyone here in the community.

And if there is anyone willing to rewrite this indicator for MT4, I and everyone would be extremely grateful.

I will wait.
Now that I noticed that you are also from Brazil, welcome my friend!

agora que observei que você tbm é do Brasil, seja bem vindo, amigão!
These users thanked the author RodrigoRT7 for the post:
carlosmartins