Re: Smart Money Concept (SMC) indicators for MT4

ppinto wrote: Sat Jan 06, 2024 1:10 am Hi guys, I have been using a 1H FVG strategy (ICT) in forex in a demo account for the last few days and the results are awesome, I just trade in the NY session from 07:30 to 9:30. Am I doing something wrong ? Is this for real? I know that in a real account, emotions get involved but so far the strategy seems to be robust,
any specific video of the strategy you are mentioning? If you control your margin, risk management and emotions, there is no reason why this is not reflected in a real account.

ppinto wrote: Sat Jan 06, 2024 1:10 am Hi guys, I have been using a 1H FVG strategy (ICT) in forex in a demo account for the last few days and the results are awesome, I just trade in the NY session from 07:30 to 9:30. Am I doing something wrong ? Is this for real? I know that in a real account, emotions get involved but so far the strategy seems to be robust,
Keep on testing, give it a couple of months of consistent profits, I have had multiple systems that seemed like a holy grail, only to find out after a week or so, sometimes after a couple of weeks, they would start failing out of nowhere, like it never even worked, like all the profits I made weren´t even real, like perhaps it was all gambling, keep in mind I kept on using the same risk management and everything money wise was fairly adequate, it still failed. But I am not refusing the idea systems which work are out there, they just keep on passing by me I suppose.
These users thanked the author Mescalito for the post (total 2):
ppinto, Mickey Abi

Another GEM that can be very useful if used correctly to try to understand taking profit points AKA Targets.

The Liquidation Levels indicator aims at detecting and estimating potential price levels where large liquidation events may occur.
By analysing liquidation Levels, traders can identify potential support & resistance levels, identify stop-loss levels, and gauge market sentiment and potential areas of price volatility.
Liquidation refers to the process of forcibly closing a trader's leveraged positions in the market. It occurs when a trader's margin account can no longer support their open positions due to significant losses or a lack of sufficient margin to meet the maintenance margin requirements.
Liquidation events happen at all times and the script focuses on detecting the most significant ones. Bubbles will appear on the relevant price bar when larger trading activity has been detected. Larger bubbles represent more significant potential liquidation levels. The lines attached to the bubbles represent the liquidation zones at that price.
These liquidation levels are based on clusters of price points where highly leveraged traders open long or short positions. High leverage is identified as 100x, 50x, and 25x leverages used for both long and short positions. The script allows users to either remove or customize leverage levels.

SETTINGS
Liquidation Levels
Reference Price: defines the base price in calculating liquidation levels.
Volume Threshold: The volume threshold is the primary factor in detecting the significant trading activities that could potentially lead to liquidating leveraged positions.
Volatility Threshold: The volatility threshold option is the secondary factor that aims at detecting significant movement in the underlying asset’s price with relatively lower trading activities that could potentially also lead to liquidating high-leveraged positions.
Leverage Options: The leverage options are where the trader will set the desired leverage value and customize the potential liquidation level colors.
Hide Liquidation Bubbles: Toggles the visibility of the bubbles.
Hide Liquidation Levels: Toggles the visibility of the lines.

(c) LuxAlgo
These users thanked the author SijjiN for the post (total 5):
Banzai, galaxy, RodrigoRT7, ParallelNative, eduarescobar

Austin3 wrote: Fri Jan 05, 2024 2:47 am My Awesome System.
Know when to enter the market, know when to renter the market. Know trend. The trend is your friend.
Know when not to buy or sell. Know when to move your stop loss gradually, gradually.
Just know, etc etc etc.
Today 1lot gave 270pips. What if I opened 5lots, based on my money management.
Hello Sir would you mind sharing your indicators and template. I really like your chart.

Range Detector
Created Oct 3, 2023
(c) LuxAlgo

The Range Detector indicator aims to detect and highlight intervals where prices are ranging. The extremities of the ranges are highlighted in real-time, with breakouts being indicated by the color changes of the extremities.
Ranging prices are defined by a period of stationarity, that is where prices move within a specific range.

Detecting ranging markets is a common task performed manually by traders. Price breaking one of the extremities of a range can be indicative of a new trend, with an uptrend if price breaks the upper range extremity, and a downtrend if price breaks the lower range extremity.
Ranges are highlighted as zones and are set retrospectively, that is the starting point of a range is offset in the past. The exact moment a range is detected is highlighted by a gray background color. The average between the maximum/minimum of a zone is also highlighted as a dotted line and is also set retrospectively.

The range extremities are set in real-time, blue extremities indicate the range extremities were not broken, green extremities indicate that price broke the upper range extremity, while red extremities indicate price broke the lower range extremity.

Extremities are extended until a new range is detected, allowing past ranges extremities can be used as future support/resistances.

DETAILS
The detection algorithm used to detect ranges tests if all the prices within a user-set window are all within two extremities. These extremities are determined by the mean of the detection window plus/minus an ATR value.

When a new range is detected, the script checks if this new range overlaps with a previously detected range, if this is the case, both ranges are merged into one; updating the extremities of the previous range.

SETTINGS
Minimum Range Length: Minimum amount of bars needed to detect a range.
Range Width: Multiplicative factor for the ATR used to detect new ranges. Lower values detect ranges with a lower width. Using higher values might return false positives.
ATR Length: ATR length used to determine the range width.
These users thanked the author SijjiN for the post (total 5):
DVanAssen, BeatlemaniaSA, ParallelNative, eduarescobar, RodrigoRT7