Re: MT4 Indicator requests and ideas

mrtools wrote: Tue Jul 18, 2023 3:49 pm Do you have the source code for that version?
Maybe you could use this version @mrtools? I found it on page 18 of the TDI thread ;)

Also,, its supposedly the EP (End Point) version so that should eliminate any recalculations :)

Could you then boost this version with all the additions you've added to the other latest (non-EP) version. Also, it would be cool to have a button version as well as a version without a button.

I did notice on the last update that the button version does NOT play nicely with the other button indicators on my chart. That is why I am still using the buttonless version, TDI_CB_SSA 1.0.exe

Regards,
BeatlemaniaSA
These users thanked the author BeatlemaniaSA for the post:
thomdel
BEATS V5 - "Enjoy The Quiet Between Trades”

Improve Your Trading Psychology - NO FEAR, NO DOUBT

BeatlemaniaSA wrote: Tue Jul 18, 2023 4:13 pm Maybe you could use this version @mrtools? I found it on page 18 of the TDI thread ;)

Also,, its supposedly the EP (End Point) version so that should eliminate any recalculations :)

Could you then boost this version with all the additions you've added to the other latest (non-EP) version. Also, it would be cool to have a button version as well as a version without a button.

I did notice on the last update that the button version does NOT play nicely with the other button indicators on my chart. That is why I am still using the buttonless version, TDI_CB_SSA 1.0.exe

Regards,
BeatlemaniaSA

Traders Dynamic Cb ssa ep norm Index alerts arrows new.mq4
Have you tried using a different id for every version?
Attachments

mrtools wrote: Tue Jul 18, 2023 4:21 pm Have you tried using a different id for every version?
Oops, sorry my bad. I meant to say that I only have one version on the chart but it seems to slow down the system a lot more than the buttonless version. That's why I chose to continue using the buttonless version.

I thought that it was because it was in conflict with my other indicators on the chart. Could be that the button code is causing the issue?
BEATS V5 - "Enjoy The Quiet Between Trades”

Improve Your Trading Psychology - NO FEAR, NO DOUBT

BeatlemaniaSA wrote: Tue Jul 18, 2023 4:53 pm Oops, sorry my bad. I meant to say that I only have one version on the chart but it seems to slow down the system a lot more than the buttonless version. That's why I chose to continue using the buttonless version.

I thought that it was because it was in conflict with my other indicators on the chart. Could be that the button code is causing the issue?
mr.tools
i hope this the one lookingfor!
attach/file/3440560
"There is NO GOD higher than TRUTH" - Mahatma Gandhi

thomdel wrote: Tue Jul 18, 2023 3:33 pm @ mrtools

Respected Sir,

If possible and if you find this useful for all users : Request you Please Add Option to : TDI_CB_SSA_v1.0
1) Change Colour on zero cross : may be a drop down menu
2) button

This option will enable us to make this current green colour TDI Line :- to 2 colours TDI Line when crossing zero level.

This change colour on zero cross will be beneficial to easily detect that :- TDI Line has crossed zero level line.

Thanks for your Time, efforts, shares.
Thanks a Lot.
Posted a version here
These users thanked the author mrtools for the post:
thomdel

ParallelNative wrote: Thu Jul 13, 2023 3:19 pm I wanted to share my favorite indicator on Trading View

Dynamic Linear Regression Channels

Also has a setting to input what deviation you want to display.

It would be amazing to see this on mt4 in addition to the already amazing indicators produced on this forum. Best wishes,

Code: Select all

//Base source is cloned from built-in technicals - "Linear Regression Channel", v26

//@version=5
indicator("Dynamic Linear Regression Channels", overlay=true, max_lines_count=500, max_boxes_count=500)

upperMultInput = input.float(2.0, title="Upper Deviation", inline = "Upper Deviation")
colorUpper = input.color(color.new(color.blue, 85), "", inline = "Upper Deviation")
lowerMultInput = input.float(2.0, title="Lower Deviation", inline = "Lower Deviation")
colorLower = input.color(color.new(color.red, 85), "", inline = "Lower Deviation")

calcSlope(source, length) =>
    max_bars_back(source, 5000)
    if barstate.isfirst or length <= 1
        [float(na), float(na), float(na)]
    else
        sumX = 0.0
        sumY = 0.0
        sumXSqr = 0.0
        sumXY = 0.0
        for i = 0 to length - 1 by 1
            val = source[i]
            per = i + 1.0
            sumX += per
            sumY += val
            sumXSqr += per * per
            sumXY += val * per
        slope = (length * sumXY - sumX * sumY) / (length * sumXSqr - sumX * sumX)
        average = sumY / length
        intercept = average - slope * sumX / length + slope
        [slope, average, intercept]

var start_index = 1
lengthInput = bar_index -  start_index + 1
[s, a, i] = calcSlope(close, lengthInput)
startPrice = i + s * (lengthInput - 1)
endPrice = i

calcDev(source, length, slope, average, intercept) =>
    if barstate.isfirst or length <= 1
        [float(na), float(na), float(na), float(na)]
    else
        upDev = 0.0
        dnDev = 0.0
        stdDevAcc = 0.0
        dsxx = 0.0
        dsyy = 0.0
        dsxy = 0.0
        periods = length - 1
        daY = intercept + slope * periods / 2
        val = intercept
        for j = 0 to periods by 1
            price = high[j] - val
            if price > upDev
                upDev := price
            price := val - low[j]
            if price > dnDev
                dnDev := price
            price := source[j]
            dxt = price - average
            dyt = val - daY
            price -= val
            stdDevAcc += price * price
            dsxx += dxt * dxt
            dsyy += dyt * dyt
            dsxy += dxt * dyt
            val += slope
        stdDev = math.sqrt(stdDevAcc / (periods == 0 ? 1 : periods))
        pearsonR = dsxx == 0 or dsyy == 0 ? 0 : dsxy / math.sqrt(dsxx * dsyy)
        [stdDev, pearsonR, upDev, dnDev]

[stdDev, pearsonR, upDev, dnDev] = calcDev(close, lengthInput, s, a, i)
upperStartPrice = startPrice + upperMultInput * stdDev
upperEndPrice = endPrice + upperMultInput * stdDev
lowerStartPrice = startPrice - lowerMultInput * stdDev
lowerEndPrice = endPrice - lowerMultInput * stdDev

var baseLine = line.new(na, na, na, na, width=1, color=color.new(colorLower, 0))
var upper = line.new(na, na, na, na, width=1, color=color.new(colorUpper, 0))
var lower = line.new(na, na, na, na, width=1, color=color.new(colorUpper, 0))    
linefill.new(upper, baseLine, color = colorUpper)
linefill.new(baseLine, lower, color = colorLower)

if (close > upperEndPrice or close < lowerEndPrice) and (not barstate.islast or barstate.isconfirmed)
    _baseLine = line.new(bar_index - lengthInput + 1, startPrice[1], bar_index - 1, endPrice[1], width=1, color=color.new(colorLower, 0))
    _upper = line.new(bar_index - lengthInput + 1, upperStartPrice[1], bar_index - 1, upperEndPrice[1], width=1, color=color.new(colorUpper, 0))
    _lower = line.new(bar_index - lengthInput + 1, lowerStartPrice[1], bar_index - 1, lowerEndPrice[1], width=1, color=color.new(colorUpper, 0))    
    linefill.new(_upper, _baseLine, color = colorUpper)
    linefill.new(_baseLine, _lower, color = colorLower)
    start_index := bar_index
else if barstate.islast
    j = close > upperEndPrice or close < lowerEndPrice ? 1: 0
    line.set_xy1(baseLine, bar_index - lengthInput + 1, startPrice[j])
    line.set_xy2(baseLine, bar_index - j, endPrice[j])
    line.set_xy1(upper, bar_index - lengthInput + 1, upperStartPrice[j])
    line.set_xy2(upper, bar_index - j, upperEndPrice[j])
    line.set_xy1(lower, bar_index - lengthInput + 1, lowerStartPrice[j])
    line.set_xy2(lower, bar_index - j, lowerEndPrice[j])

Can one of our skilled coders please pick up this challenge. If it plots like shown on the chart it will be very useful.
These users thanked the author RplusT for the post:
ParallelNative

DaffyTaffy wrote: Mon Jul 17, 2023 7:14 pm Can't promise anything but I'll work on it. Seems doable. If I pull it off I'll upload it as an edit to this post.
Edit: I'm not going to ask for you know what since I don't want to be banned but I can't work on a fix without it. And it's not in the link you provided
Thank you so much @DaffyTaffy for your effort to help.
I understand the respect for coders' source codes and I think Funchi has been gracious enough to share. Would it be possible for you to suggest to him how it might be resolved? There is a language barrier, he understands only Japanese and needs translators to read English. Explaining in simple sentences is helpful for him. This issue is the only barrier to the wonderful potentials of this Dashboard/EA, otherwise, it's great for trade alerts. I really hope it can be resolved.
Thank you again.
These users thanked the author TradeXtra for the post:
DaffyTaffy