Re: XXXX Trading System "Money For Nothing" (except blood, sweat, tears and persistence)

Chickenspicy wrote: Sun Jul 16, 2023 10:04 am Its true eas have many many faults
It would have be the best in the world to succeed consistently without failure
Brokers are the death of eas
It's not just brokers, market makers too. Success in trading requires understanding, skills, and risk management. I don't know if EAs can be programmed to understand all aspects of the market in order to survive long term.
These users thanked the author maroka for the post:
Chickenspicy

Re: XXXX Trading System "Money For Nothing" (except blood, sweat, tears and persistence)

Some of you may be familiar with the THV trading system on FF which was very popular around 15 years ago. It is a successful trend-following system, there were some skilful coders involved and they decided to make an EA. No matter what they did they could not get the EA to make a profit for any period of time.

However, as AI develops more that could change things, and it has the potential to change market behaviour also. The Trading view indicator Lorentzian Classification gives a taste of this. Getting it to work on MT4 is a challenge though, I have tried and it is beyond my coding skill level. But I can make more profit than if I just used its entry/exit signals.

These users thanked the author XXXX for the post (total 4):
Chickenspicy, maroka, Jedidiah, VespaTrader
nil desperandum

XXXX wrote: Sun Jul 16, 2023 7:19 am Good luck finding an EA that actually makes money, I have one I wrote that makes 50% a day in strategy tester and losses just much in live trading. Others I have written make money for some time then lose it all.

If you want to make money learn to trade, you can make 20% plus a day only trading a few hours a day if you are prepared to learn. If you think you can download an EA and watch the money roll in then you are dreaming.
I think you are right because really in 3 years I have never seen an ea earn money regularly.

XXXX wrote: Sun Jul 16, 2023 3:11 pm Some of you may be familiar with the THV trading system on FF which was very popular around 15 years ago. It is a successful trend-following system, there were some skilful coders involved and they decided to make an EA. No matter what they did they could not get the EA to make a profit for any period of time.

However, as AI develops more that could change things, and it has the potential to change market behaviour also. The Trading view indicator Lorentzian Classification gives a taste of this. Getting it to work on MT4 is a challenge though, I have tried and it is beyond my coding skill level. But I can make more profit than if I just used its entry/exit signals.

WOW look like very impressive

Woodyz wrote: Fri Aug 04, 2023 4:56 pm
So 3 Magic numbers, just had a quick look at the code should be easy enough to do. I can put the magic number on the button and have different colour options for the different magic numbers.

Just out interest are you trading longer timeframes with a different magic number? Something I have thought about doing ATM I just day trade the lower TF's, but I do plan to look more seriously getting into holding some trades for longer.
nil desperandum