Re: WW3 Countdown

JohnnyRy wrote: Thu Feb 29, 2024 3:04 am In my opinion, Russian's complaints about the above aspects merely demonstrate that Russia lacks a comprehensive war strategy.
The real cause of the invasion was precisely named in the interview with Carlson.
According to the Kremlin, there is no separate Ukrainian nationality,
and the lands of at least central and eastern Ukraine belong to Russia,
so it has come to take them away. The symbolic aspect is also important
- the Holy Mother Russia (Rus) is not Moscowan, but Kievan (e.g. Russia
was baptized in Kiev in 988), so without Kiev Russia is somehow 'incomplete'.

Another thing - Zbig Brzezinski (advisor to President Carter) stated that Russia
will not regain the status of a real Eurasian superpower without Ukraine and its human,
industrial and agricultural potential. If Russia absorbs Ukraine, it will create
- together with China and potentially several other countries - a superpower axis
that will effectively compete with the US and their partners, attracting other countries
from Europe and Asia (e.g. those that were historically associated within
the Concert of Europe in the 19th century).

wojtek wrote: Thu Feb 29, 2024 5:49 am the Holy Mother Russia (Rus) is not Moscowan, but Kievan
Wow. I love learning new things, and I strive to do so every day. Thanks.
wojtek wrote: Thu Feb 29, 2024 5:49 am If Russia absorbs Ukraine, it will create - together with China and potentially several other countries - a superpower axis
And of course here in the US... China, North Korea, Russia, and Iran are arleady referred to as the New Axis Powers.
“[A]s we know, there are known knowns—there are things we know we know. We also know there are known unknowns—that is to say we know there are some things we do not know. But there are also unknown unknowns—the ones we don’t know we don’t know.”—Donald Rumsfeld, 2002

mrtools wrote: Thu Feb 29, 2024 7:15 am All the globlist warmongers could be getting their wish!
I've seen that dog and pony show several times before. It tends to rerun every time Little Peuttie is feeling desperate. :yawn:

With all due respect, it doesn't change a thing.
“[A]s we know, there are known knowns—there are things we know we know. We also know there are known unknowns—that is to say we know there are some things we do not know. But there are also unknown unknowns—the ones we don’t know we don’t know.”—Donald Rumsfeld, 2002

mrtools wrote: Thu Feb 29, 2024 8:02 am :Rofl: Seems I heard that a couple of years back when mr potato said the same! But I'm done here enjoy your war!
Oh yeah... Sleepy Joe. Wait, where am I? Oops, tripped and fell. Got up, tripped and fell. Ditto. Do I go this way to leave? No, must be that way. Nope. Oh alright then, I'll just stay in this thread. And who the hell is that big orange Oompa Loompa over there? :lol: :sweat: :Rofl:

wojtek wrote: Thu Feb 29, 2024 8:52 am Someone may probably say that the Cuban Missile Crisis
was also the US's fault. But in reality, Khrushchev outplayed JFK the first time they met,
and he thought he was allowed to do anything (but JFK was a quick learner).

Speaking of Khrushchev, an interesting article by his granddaughter:

https://www.project-syndicate.org/comme ... va-2024-01
Wow again. I just listened to a news broadcast on WNYC radio that said a similar thing about the Iraq War. As reported, then imprisoned Saddam Hussein stated that he would never have invaded Kuwait if the US had simply told him not to do so. He also overestimated the quality of US intelligence--meaning that he believed that the US was well aware that Iraq possessed no weapons of mass destruction without him needing to correct his earlier statements.

FYI... Victor Manuel Rocha was arrested in January of 2023 for spying on the US on behalf of Cuba since 1981. I have some information about US Navy ships and Russian submarines around Cuba during the crisis, but I can't post it here because I don't want to join Mr. Rocha.

EDIT to Post #2464 (above): "January of 2023" is corrected to "December of 2023"