ChartAroon Indicators for MT4

Aroon Indicators for Metatrader 4

Example: Aroon shown on a ProRealTime Chart

DEFINITION

The Aroon Indicator (often referred to as Aroon Up Down) is a range bound, technical indicator that is actually a set of two separate measurements designed to measure how many periods have passed since price has recorded an n-period high or low low with “n” being a number of periods set at the trader’s discretion. For example a 14 Day Aroon-Up will take the number of days since price last recorded a 14 day high and then calculate a number between 0 and 100. A 14 Day Aroon-Down will do the same thing except is will calculate a number based of the number of days since a 14 day low. This number is intended to quantify the strength of a trend (if there is one). The closer the number is to 100, the stronger the trend. Aroon is not only good at identifying trends, it is also a useful tool for identifying periods of consolidation.

HISTORY

The Aroon Indicator was developed in 1995 by technical analyst and author Tushar Chande. The fact that he named the indicator “Aroon” which is Sanskrit for “Dawn’s Early Light” demonstrates his belief in his indicator’s trend discovery capabilities.

CALCULATION

The Calculation relies on a user-defined period.

For this example we will use a 14 Day Aroon.

• Aroon-Up = ((14 - Days Since 14-day High)/14) x 100
  • Aroon-Down = ((14 - Days Since 14-day Low)/14) x 100

THE BASICS

The Aroon Indicator is range bound, techncial indicator that produces numbers between 0 and 100.

The technical analyst should focus on three areas on that scale.

Close to or at 100 indicates a stronger trend.

Close to or at 0 indicates a weaker trend.

The area right around 50 is middle ground and the trend could go either way.

When Aroon-Up is above 50 and close to 100 and Aroon-Down is below 50, this is a good indication of a strengthening uptrend. Likewise when Aroon-Down is above 50 and close to 100 and Aroon-Up is below 50, a strengthening downtrend may be at hand.

WHAT TO LOOK FOR

Trend Spotting

Aroon's major function is to identify new trends as they happen. There are three steps to identifying when a new trend could be forming.

The Aroon-Up and the Aroon-Down cross each other.

The Aroon Lines will continue in opposite directions with one going above 50 towards 100 and the other staying below 50.

One of the Aroon Lines will then hit 100

Based on those three steps, lets use a Bullish Trend as an example. In a Bullish Trend, The Aroon-Up and the Aroon-Down will cross. Then, the Aroon-Up will cross above 50 while the Aroon-Down crosses below 50. Finally the Aroon-Up will nit 100 signifying the emergence of a Bullish Trend.

Consolidation Periods

Another good function of the Aroon Indicator is its ability to identify periods of consolidation. This occurs when Both the Aroon-Up and the Aroon-Down have dropped below 50. This shows a period of sideways trading because neither the Bullish Trend nor Bearish Trend has any strength. This is especially true when both the Aroon-Up and the Aroon-Down are moving down in unison. When both drop in a parallel manner, a sideways trading range may be forming. 

SUMMARY

The Aroon Indicator (Aroon Up Down) is most definitely a very good indicator for identifying both trends as well as periods of consolidation. That being said, it is an indicator best used a complementary piece. Knowing the overall trend is an important part to any trading strategy. Using Aroon as a foundation and combining it with additional indicators which are used to generate signals is probably the most effective way to use Aroon.

Knowing the overall trend is an important part to any trading strategy. 
These users thanked the author mrtools for the post (total 2):
Lodi, Jedidiah

Re: Aroon Indicators for MT4

Aroon Oscillator of VHF Adaptive RSI
Aroon oscillator of vhf adaptive rsi mtf

These users thanked the author mntiwana for the post (total 3):
FBI, taipan, 太虚一毫
Indicator is just a tool.

Use it only if it can benefit you. Leave it if you don't know how to use it optimally.

Hi
I agree with Mr tools that the trend is very important part in any trading strategy and also for all trading styles, scalping in the direction of the trend ,swing trading,positional trading, momentum trading, the trend is the dynamic active part of price action, BUT the trend is a very tricky concept in my opinion and becomes very tricky at Forex which is relatively new market and full of trends of high volatility and liquidity, the trend could be up on one time frame and down on another time frame, so to deal with the trend it is must be monitored on all time frames or most relevant time frames during the trade duration at least because a time frame showing ranging market can suddenly becomes an active trend and affect the course of your trading.

Aroon indicator to me as a user has a very unique peculiarities and after a long observation I concluded the following observation:
Aroon UP represent up trend, Aroon down represent down trend, the difference between the two reflect the current state of the trend,
when both lines are going parallel to each other the market is ranging on the current open time frame,
when both lines are below 50 no trend
when Aroon up reach +100 and Aroon down below 50, the up tend is active and on further Aroon down declining the strength of the move increase and vice versa.
when Aroon up oscillate between 100 and 90 it shows very unique signal, I think no other indicator show it, on declining to 90 the trend stops advancing on the chart, when it hit 100 the trend resume and the price move, a very especial signal if combined with increasing volume.
I searched google for Aroon with alert, I founded alert only on crossover no alert for trend resuming which is the important timing moment, also no MTF version ( small windows each showing a single time frame , no message pop out, I hope one of our great programmers find the idea interesting.
thanks for all people working on this beautiful site and thanks for reading.
These users thanked the author hesham keerh for the post:
Lodi

hesham keerh wrote: Sat Apr 11, 2020 6:29 am Hi
I agree with Mr tools that the trend is very important part in any trading strategy and also for all trading styles, scalping in the direction of the trend ,swing trading,positional trading, momentum trading, the trend is the dynamic active part of price action, BUT the trend is a very tricky concept in my opinion and becomes very tricky at Forex which is relatively new market and full of trends of high volatility and liquidity, the trend could be up on one time frame and down on another time frame, so to deal with the trend it is must be monitored on all time frames or most relevant time frames during the trade duration at least because a time frame showing ranging market can suddenly becomes an active trend and affect the course of your trading.

Aroon indicator to me as a user has a very unique peculiarities and after a long observation I concluded the following observation:
Aroon UP represent up trend, Aroon down represent down trend, the difference between the two reflect the current state of the trend,
when both lines are going parallel to each other the market is ranging on the current open time frame,
when both lines are below 50 no trend
when Aroon up reach +100 and Aroon down below 50, the up tend is active and on further Aroon down declining the strength of the move increase and vice versa.
when Aroon up oscillate between 100 and 90 it shows very unique signal, I think no other indicator show it, on declining to 90 the trend stops advancing on the chart, when it hit 100 the trend resume and the price move, a very especial signal if combined with increasing volume.
I searched google for Aroon with alert, I founded alert only on crossover no alert for trend resuming which is the important timing moment, also no MTF version ( small windows each showing a single time frame , no message pop out, I hope one of our great programmers find the idea interesting.
thanks for all people working on this beautiful site and thanks for reading.
Try!!
These users thanked the author pacois for the post (total 5):
Jimmy, marek111, taipan, Lodi, berserkyjc

mrtools wrote: Wed Apr 26, 2017 11:00 am This is Aroon oscilator of averages with a choice of average also for smoothing purposes.
I think the AroonOscillatortrend_x10, multiAroonOscillatorTrend_x10 group of indicators in the MT5 code base is the most accurate of the 30 groups (60 indicators) of its kind, followed by the RSI group, but the RSI group UpLevel and DnLevel should be changed to 65 and 35. If the teacher has time, please port AroonOscillatortrend_x10 and multiAroonOscillatorTrend_x10 to MT4. Of course, depending on whether the teacher is interested, we enjoy the teacher's selfless contribution too much, and we are embarrassed to have trouble!
These users thanked the author 太虚一毫 for the post:
Jimmy