Re: Volatility Indicators for MT4

ionone wrote: Wed Jan 18, 2023 7:04 pm so sorry my dude. i thought it would be more easily found with the names changed

It is not a good idea to re-upload code uploaded by Coder with a different name.

Of course, there is no way to prevent it, and I think it is inevitable.

But, I think it is an act of lack of respect to do that in front of Coder's eyes.

I do not feel any sincerity from you.
Unfortunately I cannot respect you.

I hope Forex-Station will be a better forum.

yoake wrote: Thu Jan 19, 2023 3:06 pm It is not a good idea to re-upload code uploaded by Coder with a different name.

Of course, there is no way to prevent it, and I think it is inevitable.

But, I think it is an act of lack of respect to do that in front of Coder's eyes.

I do not feel any sincerity from you.
Unfortunately I cannot respect you.

I hope Forex-Station will be a better forum.
Bro, don't get excited, this is also a good intention
Be patient therefore, brethren, until the coming of the Lord. Behold, the husbandman waiteth for the precious fruit of the earth: patiently bearing till he receive the early and latter rain.
Behold, we account them blessed who have endured. You have heard of the patience of Job, and you have seen the end of the Lord, that the Lord is merciful and compassionate.

Ogee wrote: Thu Jan 19, 2023 7:16 pm no, he's right to complain if someone is renaming his indicators.
I didn't rename his indicators and put them on another forum as my own, or even in EX4 format, or even selling them...
come on
and Yoake DID take the code from someone else and made it his own.
so i'm not sure who is at fault here

pail1217 wrote: Tue Jan 24, 2023 12:08 am works great. Thx.
Is it perhaps possible to provide a histo version of this? With several indicator windows, it is not easy to see at first glance whether a trade is to be taken or not.
Thank you in advance
Hello, made a histo version...
These users thanked the author kvak for the post (total 8):
yoki, 太虚一毫, RodrigoRT7, Jedidiah, Krunal Gajjar, pail1217, josi, talaate

LikeRe: Volatility Indicators for MT4

kvak wrote: Tue Jan 24, 2023 9:38 am Hello, made a histo version...
Dear KVak,

Thank you very very much for this. It has made my life easier. I am also considering to use Variance to stay out of ranging markets, and was having difficulty to see the signals crossing , especially with Zero Lag as the lines are too close to each other.
The histogram version made life so much easier!!
Below the snapshot for comparison between lines and histo.
Attachments
These users thanked the author sylvester21 for the post (total 3):
Jedidiah, kvak, pail1217

Think a version has been posted here but this is some background on it.

Relative Volatility Index
Definition
The Relative Volatility Index (RVI) is a volatility indicator, much like the Relative Strength Index (RSI), but with a few key differences. The RVI measures the standard deviation of prices as they change over time, whereas the RSI measures absolute price changes. The Relative Volatility Index is plotted on the chart and ranges from 0 to 100.

History
The Relative Volatility Index indicator was first introduced by Donald Dorsey. It was developed in order to indicate and show volatility direction on the chart.

Calculations
The RVI is calculated much like the RSI, although it uses high and low price standard deviation instead of the RSI’s method of absolute change in price.

Takeaways
When the Relative Volatility Index value is calculated to be above 50, this means the volatility is to the upside. This means that a potential buy signal is confirmed. On the other hand, when it’s calculated below 50, the volatility is to the downside, which confirms a potential sell signal. Like the RSI, the RVI can also be used to determine overbought and oversold conditions.

What to look for
The Relative Volatility Index indicator performs similarly to the RSI indicator, and you should be well-versed in the differences between the two. The RVI has a particular advantage, according to the indicator’s developer, Donald Dorsey, which is that the RVI is a “confirming indicator” and provides information and data that the RSI is otherwise lacking in its calculation and overall performance.

Summary
The Relative Volatility Index measures the standard deviation of prices as they change over time and is displayed on the chart with a range of 0 to 100. If the RVI value is above 50, the volatility is to the upside and confirms a potential buy signal. Contrarily, when the value is below 50, the volatility is to the downside, which confirms a potential sell signal.

This version:

This version is using all the possible averages in the volatility calculation, and averages smoothing in its final values. Also has floating levels with coloring on outer level cross, or middle level cross, or slope and if floating levels are <=1 will be fixed levels.
These users thanked the author mrtools for the post (total 10):
yoki, Chickenspicy, kvak, Jedidiah, talaate, pipsquirrel, Krunal Gajjar, 太虚一毫, Mickey Abi, alexm