The ever elusive and annoying 2nd Dot entry

Hi all. This is my Xmas gift to the Forum for all the great work and insight I have learnt from over the years. A special thanks to Mr. Tools, Kvak, Banzai, Xard777 and our Station Commander Jimmy.

I am a PA trader but do look and test other systems and I have noticed that there is so much annoyance out there concerning entry into a trade upon the appearance of a second dot in the Xard System

What I done was relatively simple AND PLEASE follow instructions carefully as I wrote this code last night whilst looking BTMM charts where he uses the Moving averages EMA/Close 5, 13 ,50 and based the code on those looking back at 16 Candles after the appearance of a Semaphore. You decide if this works for you as for me on my charts it actually look's good.

Now I was too deep into the code that I simply did not change the settings labels and values but you can do so on the input fields where you replace MA5=5 with 9 and MA13=13 with 36. The 3rd MA is similar to the prior GoldBands where we either trade above or below it AND if you do do so then replace MA50=50 WITH YOUR OWN MA value. If you don't care about this 3rd MA then USE THE SAME VALUE OF YOU SECOND MA, viz, 36.

ALSO make sure you have the 3 correct Semaphore value inputted, 9, 36 and I think 88 (as per Xard settings) Please ask and verify these values

There are 2 entry indicators A and B. Now indicator A does not use the major semaphore value (88) as an entry point and when placed on your charts you will notice this. The entry WILL be the second dot AFTER the appearance of a major dot. Now Indicator B counts this major semaphore as a second dot (Or at time it is actually a first dot either long OR short) and signals an entry point AFTER a MA crossover. Please test this carefully on your charts an decide which approach you prefer ALSO after considering the "GoldBands / 3rd MA" as mentioned above, viz, trading above OR below a third MA.

For sure at times based on the MA crossovers especially in volatile markets / pairs or in a flat range you will get false or invalid signals that is why I prefer using the 3rd MA as well to minimize this result achieving more reliable trend trading entry points

The exit indicator simply appears AFTER the appearance of ANY of the semaphore values. Buy exit will be above the fast MA and short exit the semaphore will be below the fast MA. After Semaphores are infamous for the repaints - take this into consideration when using the Exit indicator BUT insofar as entry is concerned I doubt it repaints within the allowed range 0f 16 candles AFTER a MA crossover.

Finally MAKE SURE YOU ALSO PLACE THE 3-level-zz-semafor LD indicator into your Indicators folders. These will not work without that AND you need not do anything here with it input values.

Enjoy and please note I am not a MQL developer but a SQL database guy and simply used my logic in this development. I cannot expand on this any further.

Regards and Happy Holidays, Merry XMas and a prosperous New year to all my fellow Forum folk

Updates - use these below OR
viewtopic.php?p=1295497691#p1295497691

Re: The ever elusive and annoying 2nd Dot entry

DVanAssen wrote: Sat Dec 03, 2022 9:13 pm Hi all. This is my Xmas gift to the Forum for all the great work and insight I have learnt from over the years. A special thanks to Mr. Tools, Kvak, Banzai, Xard777 and our Station Commander Jimmy.

I am a PA trader but do look and test other systems and I have noticed that there is so much annoyance out there concerning entry into a trade upon the appearance of a second dot in the Xard System

What I done was relatively simple AND PLEASE follow instructions carefully as I wrote this code last night whilst looking BTMM charts where he uses the Moving averages EMA/Close 5, 13 ,50 and based the code on those looking back at 16 Candles after the appearance of a Semaphore. You decide if this works for you as for me on my charts it actually look's good.

Now I was too deep into the code that I simply did not change the settings labels and values but you can do so on the input fields where you replace MA5=5 with 9 and MA13=13 with 36. The 3rd MA is similar to the prior GoldBands where we either trade above or below it AND if you do do so then replace MA50=50 WITH YOUR OWN MA value. If you don't care about this 3rd MA then USE THE SAME VALUE OF YOU SECOND MA, viz, 36.

ALSO make sure you have the 3 correct Semaphore value inputted, 9, 36 and I think 88 (as per Xard settings) Please ask and verify these values

There are 2 entry indicators A and B. Now indicator A does not use the major semaphore value (88) as an entry point and when placed on your charts you will notice this. The entry WILL be the second dot AFTER the appearance of a major dot. Now Indicator B counts this major semaphore as a second dot (Or at time it is actually a first dot either long OR short) and signals an entry point AFTER a MA crossover. Please test this carefully on your charts an decide which approach you prefer ALSO after considering the "GoldBands / 3rd MA" as mentioned above, viz, trading above OR below a third MA.

For sure at times based on the MA crossovers especially in volatile markets / pairs or in a flat range you will get false or invalid signals that is why I prefer using the 3rd MA as well to minimize this result achieving more reliable trend trading entry points

The exit indicator simply appears AFTER the appearance of ANY of the semaphore values. Buy exit will be above the fast MA and short exit the semaphore will be below the fast MA. After Semaphores are infamous for the repaints - take this into consideration when using the Exit indicator BUT insofar as entry is concerned I doubt it repaints within the allowed range 0f 16 candles AFTER a MA crossover.

Finally MAKE SURE YOU ALSO PLACE THE 3-level-zz-semafor LD indicator into your Indicators folders. These will not work without that AND you need not do anything here with it input values.

Enjoy and please note I am not a MQL developer but a SQL database guy and simply used my logic in this development. I cannot expand on this any further.

Regards and Happy Holidays, Merry XMas and a prosperous New year to all my fellow Forum folk
Please Please Please make the option in the Exit indi to "Do not alert" :( my pc is very slow alerting with window freeezes my terminal. Thank You very much for your generousity .... Merryyyyy Xmas!
These users thanked the author Antonov for the post:
Chickenspicy

Antonov wrote: Sun Dec 04, 2022 1:39 am Please Please Please make the option in the Exit indi to "Do not alert" :( my pc is very slow alerting with window freeezes my terminal. Thank You very much for your generousity .... Merryyyyy Xmas!
Try this
These users thanked the author DVanAssen for the post (total 5):
Jedidiah, thomdel, fibo7818, Chickenspicy, Antonov

DVanAssen wrote: Sat Dec 03, 2022 9:13 pm
;)
Attachments
These users thanked the author Jedidiah for the post:
Chickenspicy
Be patient therefore, brethren, until the coming of the Lord. Behold, the husbandman waiteth for the precious fruit of the earth: patiently bearing till he receive the early and latter rain.
Behold, we account them blessed who have endured. You have heard of the patience of Job, and you have seen the end of the Lord, that the Lord is merciful and compassionate.

DVanAssen wrote: Sun Dec 04, 2022 2:34 am Try this
Good job bro. This is the best Christmas present I've ever received. Merry Christmas
These users thanked the author Jedidiah for the post (total 2):
DVanAssen, Chickenspicy
Be patient therefore, brethren, until the coming of the Lord. Behold, the husbandman waiteth for the precious fruit of the earth: patiently bearing till he receive the early and latter rain.
Behold, we account them blessed who have endured. You have heard of the patience of Job, and you have seen the end of the Lord, that the Lord is merciful and compassionate.

Making changes on the Exit

Hi all.
Just thinking about the Exit indicator, if you change the semaphore values to ALL THE SAME VALUES THEN ONLY THAT PARTICUALR SEMAPHORE EXIT WILL BE DISPLAYED.
What I mean is that usually the first value, for example 9, will reflect a minor pull back/ retrace whereas value 88 reflects a change of direction. Value 36 is basically the second dot so that looks good to use for an exit. Thus, MAKE ALL THE SEMAPHORE VALUES 36 IN THE INPUT SECTION and see how that shows on your charts together with the standard system Semaphores also showing. You will see it ignoring the first and last semaphore.

You know what just try any of the 3 values and decide?

I am also thinking of enhancing the exit to a situation to only show when it is either a close of a bullish/bearish candle. Just need to think it through and code. Will let you all know once done.

Regards
These users thanked the author DVanAssen for the post (total 6):
thomdel, Mundu19, Jedidiah, maroka, Chickenspicy, Mustafa