Re: Trend Indicators for MT4

chickensword wrote: Thu Sep 22, 2022 3:25 am i think this would be a good addition to tradingview

dont know how it catches price so good but it does
idk if this is correct, the code in that MT4 isn't the best, but this is probably the best we'll get on tradingview. ill brush this up and then publish it soon.

Yeah, that indicator is extremely bad code, here's why. These two lines of code shift SMA backward and then its painted forward, this is a 12 bar repaint

double MAUP1 = iMA(NULL, 0, MAPeriod, -MoveShift, MODE_SMA, PRICE_HIGH, i);
double MADN1 = iMA(NULL, 0, MAPeriod, -MoveShift, MODE_SMA, PRICE_LOW, i);

the signals could still be valid, but whoever coded this got this way wrong. you just can't do this. so the indicator in its drawing functions.
Attachments
These users thanked the author loxx for the post:
Chickenspicy

loxx wrote: Thu Sep 22, 2022 10:59 am idk if this is correct, the code in that MT4 isn't the best, but this is probably the best we'll get on tradingview. ill brush this up and then publish it soon.

Yeah, that indicator is extremely bad code, here's why. These two lines of code shift SMA backward and then its painted forward, this is a 12 bar repaint

double MAUP1 = iMA(NULL, 0, MAPeriod, -MoveShift, MODE_SMA, PRICE_HIGH, i);
double MADN1 = iMA(NULL, 0, MAPeriod, -MoveShift, MODE_SMA, PRICE_LOW, i);

the signals could still be valid, but whoever coded this got this way wrong. you just can't do this. so the indicator in its drawing functions.
ahhhhhh i was deceiveeddd again
0 + 0 = 0
Infinite / Infinite = 1
1 way to Heaven & it matters

sal wrote: Tue Oct 04, 2022 2:41 pm mr. tools
can you add an option in setting to filter dots when slope changes above and below zero level

for green dot ; bar should be above zero level
for red dot ; bar should be below zero level
see snap
Filtered the slope arrows.
These users thanked the author mrtools for the post (total 6):
Mickey Abi, thomdel, josi, sal, Jimmy, Ricstar_8