Re: Coding Help

pin12 wrote: Wed Aug 03, 2022 7:40 am Hi..

This MTF support and resistance indicator seems to have some programming flaw and doesn't work. Could it be fixed please?

And if anyone knows an indicator of this style, that is MTF, and does not repaint, I will be grateful if you share it with me.

Thanks since now
Have this one it's similar to Barry support and resistance.
These users thanked the author mrtools for the post:
Jedidiah

I wonder if this formula can be converted into .mq4 indicator?

Code: Select all

TB:=IF(HIGH-REF(CLOSE,1),HIGH-REF(CLOSE,1)+CLOSE-LOW,CLOSE-LOW);
TS:=IF(REF(CLOSE,1)>LOW,REF(CLOSE,1)-LOW+HIGH-CLOSE,HIGH-CLOSE);
VOL1:=(TB-TS)*VOL/(TB+TS)/10000;
VOL10:=DMA(VOL1,0.1);
VOL11:=DMA(VOL1,0.05);
RES1:=VOL10-VOL11;
LON:SUM(RES1,0),COLORSTICK;
MA1:MA(LON,5);
Attachments

太虚一毫 wrote: Wed Aug 10, 2022 1:14 pm I wonder if this formula can be converted into .mq4 indicator?

Code: Select all

TB:=IF(HIGH-REF(CLOSE,1),HIGH-REF(CLOSE,1)+CLOSE-LOW,CLOSE-LOW);
TS:=IF(REF(CLOSE,1)>LOW,REF(CLOSE,1)-LOW+HIGH-CLOSE,HIGH-CLOSE);
VOL1:=(TB-TS)*VOL/(TB+TS)/10000;
VOL10:=DMA(VOL1,0.1);
VOL11:=DMA(VOL1,0.05);
RES1:=VOL10-VOL11;
LON:SUM(RES1,0),COLORSTICK;
MA1:MA(LON,5);
By any chance do you have any more information?
太虚一毫

mrtools wrote: Thu Aug 11, 2022 10:41 pm By any chance do you have any more information?

Without more information, the source code is just that. :sad:
This is a built-in indicator in Chinese futures software (such as Tongdaxin, Flush and other software), the so-called LON (long-term) indicator.

All software and indicators in China are actually borrowed (or stolen from European and American countries). This indicator is estimated that they borrowed or stole a certain formula from European and American countries more than 10 years ago.
These users thanked the author 太虚一毫 for the post:
Jedidiah

太虚一毫 wrote: Thu Aug 11, 2022 11:34 pm Another way of writing <Tongdaxin Software>:
Again, fixed post 太虚一毫 - wrapped your code with CODE function.

Please as a kind reminder, when posting any code on this site, can we all remember to use the "Code" function in your post so it can be read easily?

If you're unsure on how to, please see below.

Just highlight your code and press the CODE button 👇

These users thanked the author Jimmy for the post:
太虚一毫
Guide to the "All Averages" Filters (ADXvma, Laguerre etc.) 🆕
Use Fibonacci numbers for indicator settings + How to draw Fibonacci Extensions
An easy trick for drawing Support & Resistance

HappyRe: Coding Help

Hello everyone, don't know any other place to post this as I am just a mere mortal, no special abilities other than nursing, that's what I do for a living and like super new to the forum. I want to first thank the creators of the forum. I've learned a whole lot in just a week. I think you might have saved me months of time. I am backtesting indicators, but I'm finding it's becoming super monotonous because I'm testing each forex pair semi-manually. In other words, I open the EA and add the pair and open navigator and run the test. I'm wondering if there is a more efficient way to do this. How do I automate the testing process. I have very little knowledge in this area. I tried looking here in the forum, but there is soooo much education I don't even know where to look. Can someone point me in the right direction? Maybe a video?

Thank you
P
These users thanked the author paoge for the post:
Jedidiah

paoge wrote: Thu Sep 08, 2022 4:16 am Hello everyone, don't know any other place to post this as I am just a mere mortal, no special abilities other than nursing, that's what I do for a living and like super new to the forum. I want to first thank the creators of the forum. I've learned a whole lot in just a week. I think you might have saved me months of time. I am backtesting indicators, but I'm finding it's becoming super monotonous because I'm testing each forex pair semi-manually. In other words, I open the EA and add the pair and open navigator and run the test. I'm wondering if there is a more efficient way to do this. How do I automate the testing process. I have very little knowledge in this area. I tried looking here in the forum, but there is soooo much education I don't even know where to look. Can someone point me in the right direction? Maybe a video?

Thank you
P
Welcome here! Don't know if this will help but this person has a trading simulator that far as I can tell is offering it for free. To me the simulator is a good way to test a strategy using multiple indicators. Attaching the simulator.

Jedidiah