Re: Trend Indicators

This is the old i Trend made much simpler(used Mladen's mt5 version).Has all the price options and 8 different moving average options.The dashed line is sort of trend confirmation level, if iTrend is above the level the trend is considered strong, it's controlled by level factor and level look back bars.
These users thanked the author mrtools for the post (total 2):
Jedidiah, berserkyjc

Tick Volume Indicator by William Blau

William Blau's TVI indicator for MT4. Originally created in 1995 it was one of the first "all-in-one" indicators and caught the keen eye of many technical traders and is still used today.

How to use:
  • TVI bar color change is a signal to enter the market. When the TVI changes from yellow to red, it is a signal to buy and if the TVI bar changes from blue to green, it is a signal to sell.
  • Just like the MACD and TRIX, the zero line on the indicator determines market sentiment and trend. If the TVI bars are above the zero line it's bullish and if the TVI bars are below the zero line the trend is bearish. Zero line crosses can be used to determine continuation and trend entries as well.
  • The indicator also displays the market trend of the chosen timeframe and automatically displays this in text in the top left indicator window as (“up” or “down”).
These users thanked the author Jimmy for the post (total 4):
Jedidiah, 太虚一毫, Chickenspicy, REDntense
Are you looking for a Forex broker? FBS cuts spreads by up to 58%. Click here to begin your trading journey, today.
No commissions are earned by Forex-station.

Guide to the "All Averages" Filters (ADXvma, Laguerre etc.) 🆕
Use Fibonacci numbers for indicator settings + How to draw Fibonacci Extensions
An easy trick for drawing Support & Resistance

Waddah Attar Explosion Averages

Waddah Attar Explosion Averages

Here is the optimized averages version of the Waddah Attar Explosion indicator from my archive of "Best of TSD" Forex TSD files.

A bit of history on this first! We first saw the original Waddah Attar Explosion indicator introduced on our beloved Forex TSD back in 2007 by Ahmad Waddah Attar.
To give you an idea how long ago that was, this was the legendary Forex TSD logo at the time!

And the rest is history.

But such indicator was exciting for traders back then because it worked so well and was easy on the eyes. And this indicator is still such a beautiful and simple tool to use.

Ahmad Waddah Attar himself explained:

• Red histogram hows the current down trend
  • Green histogram shows the current up trend
  • Yellow line's direction shows the explosion in price up or down
  • The Waddah Attar Explosion is made to be used on the 30 minute chart

Signal for buy:

• Green histogram bar is up, the yellow line is up, and green histogram bar is higher than the yellow line.
  • Trade can be exited when the green histogram bar drops lower than the yellow line.

Signal for sell:

• Red histogram bar is up, the yellow line is up, and red histogram bar is higher than the yellow line.
  • Trade can be exited when the red histogram bar drops lower than the yellow line.

These users thanked the author Jimmy for the post (total 2):
Jedidiah, 太虚一毫
Are you looking for a Forex broker? FBS cuts spreads by up to 58%. Click here to begin your trading journey, today.

Re: Tick Volume Indicator by William Blau

Jimmy wrote:Wed Nov 22, 2017 4:47 pm William Blau's TVI indicator for MT4. Originally created in 1995 it was one of the first "all-in-one" indicators and caught the keen eye of many technical traders and is still used today.

How to use:
  • TVI bar color change is a signal to enter the market. When the TVI changes from yellow to red, it is a signal to buy and if the TVI bar changes from blue to green, it is a signal to sell.
  • Just like the MACD and TRIX, the zero line on the indicator determines market sentiment and trend. If the TVI bars are above the zero line it's bullish and if the TVI bars are below the zero line the trend is bearish. Zero line crosses can be used to determine continuation and trend entries as well.
  • The indicator also displays the market trend of the chosen timeframe and automatically displays this in text in the top left indicator window as (“up” or “down”).

EURUSDH1.png

Tick Volume Indicator.mq4
jimmy - Does this William Blau's TVI indicator repaint?

Re: Waddah Attar Explosion Averages

Jimmy wrote:Mon Nov 27, 2017 8:01 pm Here is the optimized averages version of the Waddah Attar Explosion indicator from my archive of "Best of TSD" Forex TSD files.

A bit of history on this first! We first saw the original Waddah Attar Explosion indicator introduced on our beloved Forex TSD back in 2007 by Ahmad Waddah Attar.
To give you an idea how long ago that was, this was the legendary Forex TSD logo at the time!

TSD 2007.gif

And the rest is history.

But such indicator was exciting for traders back then because it worked so well and was easy on the eyes. And this indicator is still such a beautiful and simple tool to use.

Mr. Waddah Attar himself explained:
  • Red histogram hows the current down trend
  • Green histogram shows the current up trend
  • Yellow line's direction shows the explosion in price up or down
  • The Waddah Attar Explosion is made to be used on the 30 minute chart

Signal for buy:
  • Green histogram bar is up, the yellow line is up, and green histogram bar is higher than the yellow line.
  • Trade can be exited when the green histogram bar drops lower than the yellow line.
Signal for sell:
  • Red histogram bar is up, the yellow line is up, and red histogram bar is higher than the yellow line.
  • Trade can be exited when the red histogram bar drops lower than the yellow line.

GBPJPYM30WA.png
waddahattarexplosion_averages_nmc_alerts_2_1.mq4
waddahattarexplosion_averages_nmc_alerts_2_1.ex4
I didn't have any yellow line there, so I changed (line 123) from

Code: Select all

SetIndexBuffer(2,buffer3);
to

SetIndexBuffer(2,buffer3); SetIndexStyle(2, DRAW_LINE);
and now I can see the yellow line :thumbup:

SilverBB wrote:Tue Nov 28, 2017 10:38 am
jimmy - Does this William Blau's TVI indicator repaint?
As far as I know it doesn't repaint but I'll reconfirm and check it!

Jagg wrote:Tue Nov 28, 2017 7:59 pm
I didn't have any yellow line there, so I changed (line 123) from

SetIndexBuffer(2,buffer3);
to

SetIndexBuffer(2,buffer3); SetIndexStyle(2, DRAW_LINE);
and now I can see the yellow line :thumbup:
Good work! Just a tip, if no lines are appearing on any indicator you install it's a bug in MT4 Build 1090 that causes this. All you need to do is open the indicator file in Meta Editor, press "Compile" 3 times and it'll be fixed :thumbup:

Jimmy wrote:Wed Nov 22, 2017 4:47 pm William Blau's TVI indicator for MT4. Originally created in 1995 it was one of the first "all-in-one" indicators and caught the keen eye of many technical traders and is still used today.

How to use:

EURUSDH1.png

Tick Volume Indicator.mq4
Hi Jimmy,

It's not working for me. I tried 3 times compile trick to get rid of MT4 bug but still it's not working. Thanks for your time.