Re: I have been writing code for 38 years.. Ask me anything (AMA)

Hello Ziggy,

I read your posts carefully from the start, but one thing bothers me. Well, not just one, but it's the most visible ...
If you don't need anyone to code, nothing to share or learn from others, what do you do on a forum after all?
There are a lot of talented people here helping for no consideration, experienced coders who don't flaunt their skills like you.
In fact apart from videos without really making sense, and a disproportionate ego, what is your goal?
Thank you in advance for your answers.
These users thanked the author remcous for the post:
moey_dw

remcous wrote: Tue Dec 28, 2021 10:24 pm I read your posts carefully from the start, but one thing bothers me. Well, not just one, but it's the most visible ...
If you don't need anyone to code, nothing to share or learn from others, what do you do on a forum after all?
i have no desire to be a mentor or a teacher or a programmer for hire or a programmer for free.

one day i might like to form a team.

it requires a team to operate a supertanker.

btw, when i tell my stories... i do realize that it seems like my stories are not related to trading... but i am simply introducing myself... completely..

also, i have already made contact with two very interesting people in this forum.

do you realize that not everybody is equipped to sit on a team and to operate as a member of a think tank?

thank you.

remcous wrote: Tue Dec 28, 2021 10:24 pm Hello Ziggy,

I read your posts carefully from the start, but one thing bothers me. Well, not just one, but it's the most visible ...
There are a lot of talented people here helping for no consideration, experienced coders who don't flaunt their skills like you.
In fact apart from videos without really making sense, and a disproportionate ego, what is your goal?
Thank you in advance for your answers.
i think this is a good and honest question........ one which many us like 2 ask as well without stepping on any toes or cause offence......... really curious too

ziggy may u share your eurusd chart with us.......... kinda interest!!!! hope we can talk trading with u & share charts together 👍👍👍
These users thanked the author moey_dw for the post:
ChuChu Rocket
Official Forex-station GIF animator at your service 👨‍⚖️
See a GIF with Forex-station.com on it? I probably made it
The best divergence indicator in the world.
Real news exists: Infowars.com 👈

moey_dw wrote: Tue Dec 28, 2021 11:58 pm i think this is a good and honest question........ one which many us like 2 ask as well without stepping on any toes or cause offence......... really curious too

ziggy may u share your eurusd chart with us.......... kinda interest!!!! hope we can talk trading with u & share charts together 👍👍👍
i find you to be a very pleasant person...

did i point out that i have been thrown out of forums because i wouldnt share my personal work with random strangers? and after they threw me out and cancelled my account, they openly had a giggle party and made comments calling me a cunt and a bitch? those people at the forexfactory are such goood goooood folks.

so, i am not in the sharing mood.

nope.

btw, i dont publish my live trades while they are in progress.

hey, can you do me a favor? i would like for you to take a count of how many programmers there are in this forum (or any other forum) that create entirely new mathematics to design a completely new indicator? i will wait here while you count them all.

i just spent 57 minutes on whatsapp discussing the parabolic sar indicator, which does look kinda curious, tho i dont fully understand it.

if i can come to an understanding of the psar, i might even automate it for this guy..

at the tail end of my conversation with this guy about the psar, he asked me if i really had a trading system... if i was really really finished... and why if i had this why wouldnt i share it with others? it always comes down to that.. does he really think that i am gonna sit around and research the code behind a parabolic sar? lol..

i have a small confession to make... i made up that shit about being a sociopath. LOL. ( i read that stuff watching a psychologist on youtube, lol) so, even tho i do have a rather zany sense of humor and i am a fairly skilled C programmer, you will never hear me make any jokes here ever again.

good evening.

ps.. trades are open.

josi wrote: Tue Dec 28, 2021 9:16 pm Toward the end of the book, the supercomputer Deep Thought reveals that the answer to the “Great Question” of “Life, the Universe and Everything” is “forty-two.”

Deep Thought takes 7.5 million years to calculate the answer to the ultimate question. The characters tasked with getting that answer are disappointed because it is not very useful. Yet, as the computer points out, the question itself was vaguely formulated. To find the correct statement of the query whose answer is 42, the computer will have to build a new version of itself. That, too, will take time. The new version of the computer is Earth. To find out what happens next, you’ll have to read Adams’s books.

The video, that our new friend Ziggy showed us, actually has a grain of reason. I understand that you are skeptical about predicting price levels, as the vast majority of traders, prefer to use tried and tested methods of work. That is, entering the market after fulfilling a number of conditions, thereby we confirm the intention of the price to change its direction. But, such signals will always be lagging. I am currently trading using the same algorithm, using the so-called traditional approaches of technical analysis.
But ..... no one canceled math! This is the oldest and therefore the most studied and developed science, unlike the rest (for example, physics or chemistry).
What do we have in terms of mathematics? We have a kind of two-dimensional function y = f (x), where Y is the price, and X is the time during which the price undergoes certain changes. Our goal is to calculate as accurately as possible the extremums of this function at specified time intervals, for example, inside a trading day.
From the point of view of mathematics, this is a completely solvable problem. But, there are a number of difficulties (without them, unfortunately, nowhere).
In one of my early posts, I shared a link to the work of a russian mathematician-programmer who solved a similar problem by means of genetic algorithms (that is, by enumerating and crossing various mathematical functions, followed by culling and raising offspring with a set of necessary dominant traits). These are very complex algorithms, to work with which you need to have a higher mathematical education, to have at least one of the lowest degrees in the field of theoretical and applied mathematics. I think that there are few people here, who have such knowledge. I also know that other scientists have solved this problem many times. That is, the thought and idea are not new, but with the advent of powerful computers, the development and implementation of such algorithms has become a reality.
So, what we have ... We have a reliably confirmed statement that .... no matter how complex a function is, it can be calculated from a set of its discrete values. In simpler words ... Let's say we have the values of the daily highs and lows of the EURUSD price for the previous year. Having given these series of values as initial data, we will use this program to calculate an approximate function, on the chart of which all the entered values will fall. Knowing the function, we can find, with a certain accuracy (n + 1) value of the maximum and minimum for the current day, that is, we can assume at what price levels the extremes will be located for today.
And everything seems to be simple, but ...... The calculated values will differ from the real ones obtained in your terminals. Sometimes these differences will be insignificant (within the margin of error), and sometimes very significant. By calculating the price function for each new day, taking into account the values of the previous day, you will see that each newly obtained function is different from the previous one (yesterday). The point here is that all these calculations are valid for static functions, and the price chart is a dynamic function. That is, the function changes itself over time. And it turns out that during the trading day, the original function at the beginning of the day somehow (according to certain laws, and maybe chaotically) changes. And the further your calculated extremum will be in time from the beginning of the day (the moment of ideal calculation), the less accurately it will fall into the calculated value. In other words, for an absolutely accurate calculation of price extremums, it is not enough to find a mathematical function based on a set of values; the next step is to look for the regularity of changes in the equations of this function, using the equations of the function obtained at the beginning of each trading day as the initial data. This is very hard mathematics !!! And besides .... who said that the function is modified inside the day according to a linear law?
Based on the above, we can summarize ...
1 - this is very difficult and unbearable for a person without deep mathematical knowledge and special software (like Mathcad, but there are also specialized programs, as I said earlier)
2 - it is impossible to calculate the exact values of the extremums, only approximate values
3 - the calculated values will be closest to the real ones if the calculated function does not change much inside the current trading day.
In fact, we have about the same state of affairs as using a certain set of indicators that work very well on one trading day and work disgustingly the next day.
Going back to the video that Ziggy presented ... This is a mathematical and fundamentally different approach compared to what I just described. Having not seen this video before, this algorithm has been spinning in my head for several years. For myself, I call it the adaptive zigzag algorithm. I know that there are similar indicators, which are called that, but they are based on completely different algorithms.
What do we get from the price chart?
1 - price range for each candle (max - min)
2 - speed of price change for each candle ((max - min) / candle time).
For a zigzag of any given period, we can calculate the same values for each candle as well as for each leg of the zigzag.
But we need one more thing ... We need the total path that the price makes inside each candle. What is the total path ... We know that even for the M1 minimum timeframe, inside each candle, the price fluctuates in a certain way, either rising or falling. These are the so-called tick prices. And if the range of a minute candle is, for example, 5 pips, then the path taken by the price inside the candle can be, for example, 17 pips. Summing up the price path inside each candle of the zigzag leg, we get the total price path for the leg. For an upward leg, the price change in bullish candlesticks is subject to addition, in bearish candlesticks subtraction. Thus, we get a set of statistics for each leg of the zigzag.
Having analyzed the N-number of previous legs of the zigzag of the same period, based on the statistics obtained, we can identify certain dependencies. In the end, it is absolutely obvious that, for example, the higher the speed of price change, the fewer candles are needed to pass a certain price range, the less the total price path inside each candle, due to the fact that the price has a clearly expressed direction of movement, respectively, the further the expected extremum will be.
But this is all theory. To translate theory into practice is possible only empirically. To do this, you need to code a lot, try, make mistakes, cross out everything and start over. But my coder friend, although a very high professional, is also very lazy :(. And all this remains only in my head, unfortunately ...
These users thanked the author ImpLaNT for the post:
BeatlemaniaSA

ImpLaNT wrote: Wed Dec 29, 2021 12:50 am The video, that our new friend Ziggy showed us, actually has a grain of reason.
i am so happy that you enjoyed that video..

the answer that you are looking for is hidden under a pile of confusion, it doesnt want to be found.. it likes to hide from you.

i am a terminal patient right now..

i almost died a few days ago.

my days are so numbered.

true story.

i wont be here much longer... and i really do think about expediting things.. i also considered giving my code away.. but look at how harsh people are to me.. they not happy with me..

oh well, no candy for the baby then, i say.

of course, i could live another twenty years... but probably not.. my lungs are seizing up regularly.. i could go any minute now.. if you listen carefully to my mp3 recordings, you can hear my lungs struggling to breathe..

this is partly why i can become impatient.

have a wonderful day.

Deez wrote: Wed Dec 29, 2021 12:51 am Nbats is that you? :Rofl:

This thread is giving me that feeling
are you talking to me? because i have no clue who nbats is.

who is nbats?

omg, and now i read thru a few of deez's posts and just recently he is looking for resources to get started writing EA's..

and now i see that mr deez is the same deez from the forexfagtree from south africa.. and here he is trying to figure out if i am somebody that he previously had kicked out of this forum..

i literally HATE those FRUITCAKES at the forexfactory... they kicked me out of their forum because i wouldnt share my code with COMPLETE STRANGERS and then they called me a CUNT and a BITCH.

When the day comes that i get ready to litigate with the forexfagtree, i will retain the services of lifers in prison that like to file court papers... i will tell them that it is my desire that we should literally bury this forexfactory in court filings and that we will not slow down until their company is completely destroyed and every last asset has been liquidated at auction..

I can retain the services of probably a dozen sadistic prisoners for less than one thousand dollars per month..

bye bye forexfagtree. YOU should be more careful about who you call a CUNT and a BITCH.

btw mr deez, you would do well to focus more on learning programming and pay a bit less attention to me and my affairs.

--------------------------

btw, i might be a great resource for learning coding...

i could show you how to setup a basic source file...

i could show you how to read thru your currently open trades..

i could show you how to open and close a trade and to set takeprofit and stoploss.

i could show you how to read thru your historical trades.

i could show you how to write a custom Dynamic linked library of functions and how to call windows functions...

i could show you how to write code that uses named pipes.

i could.

just fyi, i am extremely selective about who i spend time with helping to learn to code.

I am a phd level programmer.