Re: XARD - Simple Trend Following Trading System

I have placed the triangles in for everyone.
I will post new setup once I have seen it working OK on live market.
Xard777
Attachments
XARD: If Carlsberg made charts... Probably the best charts in the world

xard777 wrote: Sun Feb 14, 2021 9:40 pm I have placed the triangles in for everyone.
Xard777
I don't quite see how the triangles improve trading at all.
What can you achieve with the triangles that you could not without them?
Once you have the turning points you just follow the dots:
  • After a blue turning point: directional bias up - you follow the green dots (higher lows)
  • After a red turning point: directional bias down - you follow the red dots (lower highs)
Do we need 3 MAs? Some will, some won't (visualisation of higher TFs)
People don't always think about their setup enough - see: VQ (as of now): it just is a second representation of the MAs that are already on the screen; so it isn't - as some claim - confluence - as the mathematical approach is the same in both cases: so no extra information can be gathered).
XARD: Think of the Triangles as visual training wheels for those still trying to grasp the 2nd Dot theory. The Triangles and the third MA can be switched off from withing the input menu.

I didn't mean to criticize - just wanted to ask politely...
These users thanked the author josi for the post:
Benard

josi wrote: Sun Feb 14, 2021 10:58 pm
After a blue turning point: directional bias up - you follow the green dots (higher lows)
After a red turning point: directional bias down - you follow the red dots (lower highs)
its just visual represation of second dot

Narkarn wrote: Sun Feb 14, 2021 11:03 pm its just visual represation of second dot
That's clear enough but doesn't answer the question: does it improve trading?
Everything that improves trading (and if it does for some - it should be in) is good and should be part of the setup.
Everything that is superfluous (because it doesn't tell you about a) directional bias, b) entry, c) exit) is merely decoration and confuses the trader (at best or leads to mistakes at worst).
But that is only my point of view. I am sure Xard will know best.
XARD: I will include two templates (one with and one without).

nice move - forever the philosopher
These users thanked the author josi for the post:
Mustafa

• After a blue turning point: directional bias up - you follow the green dots (higher lows)
  • After a red turning point: directional bias down - you follow the red dots (lower highs)
People don't always think about their setup enough - see: VQ (as of now): it just is a second representation of the MAs that are already on the screen; so it isn't - as some claim - confluence - as the mathematical approach is the same in both cases: so no extra information can be gathered).
XARD: Think of the Triangles as visual training wheels for those still trying to grasp the 2nd Dot theory. The Triangles and the third MA can be switched off from withing the input menu.

Fast - very fast analysis.

I remember when JOSI said THAT NOT EVERYONE SEES "POINT 2". HERE is the answer - a triangle!
Attachments
These users thanked the author RomanUkraine for the post (total 2):
tiatatta, thomdel

xard777 wrote: Sun Feb 14, 2021 9:40 pm I have placed the triangles in for everyone.
I will post new setup once I have seen it working OK on live market.
Xard777

Dear Xard,
I mentioned a few posts back a suggestion for XU v3-Dot2 to help in my trading but
didn't notice the triangles feature inside :)

Before coming to know about this feature I used to mark the Main dot and 2nd dot
to help me prepare for my next trade.

So having the triangle coloring ON with a print of an Up/Down Arrow right after the 9 EMA changes to Blue/Red
will definitely prepare me to expect price to shoot up/down.

Some would say, its not safe to enter right after the 9 EMA changes to blue/red
Some would prefer to wait for both EMAs change to blue/red
Some would prefer to wait for a level break

But for me, its more like "get in early with my stop below/above the last dot plus a few pips" and "get out early with those 100 pips"
The risk to reward ratio is mostly 1 : 2 and 1 : 3 and sometimes more.

Thank you once again Xard for all your efforts in helping us trade better and sharper ;)
Kind Regards,
MS
Attachments
These users thanked the author msbh for the post (total 3):
DVanAssen, mcmstar, thomdel

LikeRe: XARD - Simple Trend Following Trading System

I agree with Josi. I tried the triangles but didn't see as they gave much value, just more colors on the screen. True about the VQ and the MAs. I started testing the TRIX that someone showed.