Re: Coding Help

I am trying to insert arrows in this indicator (Momentum Pinball) that will show me when it is BETWEEN 70 and 30 levels. Although I have no programming experience I tried to change the indicator code. I managed to compile without errors but the arrows do not appear in the graph. If anyone can help me by saying what I'm doing wrong I appreciate it. I ask the patience of experienced programmers because I really don't know how to program. So what may seem obvious to you, may be new to me. Thanks

Linder wrote: Mon Nov 16, 2020 11:41 pm I am trying to insert arrows in this indicator (Momentum Pinball) that will show me when it is BETWEEN 70 and 30 levels. Although I have no programming experience I tried to change the indicator code. I managed to compile without errors but the arrows do not appear in the graph. If anyone can help me by saying what I'm doing wrong I appreciate it. I ask the patience of experienced programmers because I really don't know how to program. So what may seem obvious to you, may be new to me. Thanks
I f you don't mind could you explain what you are trying to do, sorry not understanding?

I am trying to make the arrows appear when the indicator closes the candle between the levels of 70 - 30 or 80 - 40 or whatever, as long as it IS BETWEEN the two levels.
You must have been surprised because it usually happens that the indicator gives a signal when it crosses some level and not when it is between two different levels.
Attachments

Linder wrote: Tue Nov 17, 2020 6:22 am I am trying to make the arrows appear when the indicator closes the candle between the levels of 70 - 30 or 80 - 40 or whatever, as long as it IS BETWEEN the two levels.
You must have been surprised because it usually happens that the indicator gives a signal when it crosses some level and not when it is between two different levels.
Hi,

Is that what you wanted?

Sincerely,
Sergei
Sincerely,
Sergei

Csj179t wrote: Tue Nov 17, 2020 10:37 pm

Hi,

Is that what you wanted?

Sincerely,
Sergei
Wow. I spent a long time fiddling with the code and was unsuccessful. But you did it with clear ease. Thank you for being willing to help me and the people on this forum.

As for the indicator it apparently is what I was looking for. I'm at work, when I get home I'm going to test him.

The good thing about this indicator is the possibility of operating at specific levels of the chart. Excluding levels where a certain category does not have good results.

Linder wrote: Wed Nov 18, 2020 6:18 am

Wow. I spent a long time fiddling with the code and was unsuccessful. But you did it with clear ease. Thank you for being willing to help me and the people on this forum.

As for the indicator it apparently is what I was looking for. I'm at work, when I get home I'm going to test him.

The good thing about this indicator is the possibility of operating at specific levels of the chart. Excluding levels where a certain category does not have good results.
You're welcome ! Also you can open your original code that you posted and a modified one - side by side, to check the difference. And see what you made wrong.

Awesome!
Happy coding and trading!!!
Sincerely,
Sergei

mladen wrote: Sat Sep 29, 2018 2:44 am As of "solars" : Solar wind joy and solar wind were, are and always will remain what they are - a coding error (solar wind) and a joke (solar wind joy)
Regarding "solar panels": the joy of the solar wind and the solar wind were, are and will remain as they are - coding error (solar wind) and joke (joy of the solar wind)

Here is the answer - mistakes "can be" a brilliant discovery.

Hi!

I just started trying to call (via iCustom) an indicator with a different timeframe than the chart is currently on and running into problems. I'm doing some Visual Mode backtesting in MT4 on the 5 min TF. I'm trying to call an indi with iCustom with PERIOD_H4 and its not working - the value stays the same for the backtest. However, if I recompile the inid then everything is drawn correctly (ie. arrows etc), but I don't see the arrows while the test is running, only after a recompile!

Very frustrating, anyone have an idea why this is happening?

Thank you,

Mark

greetings all,

I just want to ask...

is there an indicator that measures the length of the latest closed candle using the average ATR value of a certain period number of days?

for example:
the average ATR value for the EURUSD pair for 5 days is 0.0060 or 60 pips...
now, what the indicator does is that it measures end to end the whole length of the latest closed candle.. and if measurement value of the latest closed candle doesn't exceed the average ATR value it will give an alert and plot an arrow on the main chart above (if the trend is long) or below (if the trend is short) the candle in question...

is there such an indicator?
is it possible to make or code it?