Re: Chaos Visual Averages Indicators for MT4

mwaschkowski wrote: Thu Oct 22, 2020 12:32 am 1) But aren't both lines pointing up in the grey zone? How would the slope filter out if both pointing up?
2) OK, thanks. I'm testing it out as well but having trouble deciding on its usefulness. I'm thinking could be good with a confirmation like nema or similar...
This was not trading advice at all.
You trade the WPR like you would a Stoch.
Basically you have a fast and a slow Stoch in one subwindow (presumably 14-3-1 and 96-3-1).
What I was talking about - especially for MrTools who made the indicator - was the thick lines of the indie's histo (and under what conditions they get painted).
I never wanted to "filter out" a valid signal but include one that - I think - is missing.
These users thanked the author josi for the post:
mwaschkowski

josi wrote: Thu Oct 22, 2020 12:47 am
Basically you have a fast and a slow Stoch in one subwindow (presumably 14-3-1 and 96-3-1).
What I was talking about - especially for MrTools who made the indicator - was the thick lines of the indie's histo (and under what conditions they get painted).
I never wanted to "filter out" a valid signal but include one that - I think - is missing.
Ah, OK, I see. Thank you for the explanation!

josi wrote: Thu Oct 22, 2020 12:47 am
The only way I can think of incorporating slope into the indicator would be to add it to the histogram outer line, to make it change color according to slope, which would be no problem but one question is to leave the ob/os on that line as is?

Hi FS,

Herse something you might find interesting! That the slow one hour WRP lines up with fast four hour WRP. But I did have to use, Tim Wilson Calculation to smooth out the one hour slow. So in a nut shell, when you have Chaos/Haos indicator on the one hour chart you get a good idea where the fast four hour is. Picture attached. The top one is 4HR fast and bottom is 1HR slow.

Kiwi
These users thanked the author Kiwi for the post (total 5):
ChuChu Rocket, oskar656, RZAMK, SWicak, mwaschkowski

Kiwi wrote: Thu Oct 22, 2020 12:37 pm Hi FS,

Herse something you might find interesting! That the slow one hour WRP lines up with fast four hour WRP. But I did have to use, Tim Wilson Calculation to smooth out the one hour slow. So in a nut shell, when you have Chaos/Haos indicator on the one hour chart you get a good idea where the fast four hour is. Picture attached. The top one is 4HR fast and bottom is 1HR slow.
Kiwi
Good pick up Kiwi brother, I never thought of that. Going to try this when I get home. Essentially meaning the Chaos/Haos has it's own little NRP MTF happening! :thumbup:
Important: The worst forex brokers of all time 👎

ChuChu Rocket wrote: Thu Oct 22, 2020 2:16 pm
Good pick up Kiwi brother, I never thought of that. Going to try this when I get home. Essentially meaning the Chaos/Haos has it's own little NRP MTF happening! :thumbup:
Cheers Bro,

After i realized that, i come up with another idea and the results blow me away.

I installed chaos on a one hour chart, set the multi TF to one hour and removed the slow WPR but kept the OB/OS shadowing, then in the same window install another Chaos over top and set the TF to four hour and removed the slow WPR but kept the shadowing as well then i set the fast to 8 and slow to 46. to make the four hour one a bit faster.
So what i end up with is four and one hour OB/OS shadowing on the one hour chart and when the two line up the reversal signal was even stronger.
It would have kept you out of the false one hour signals that i have marked with an X
These users thanked the author Kiwi for the post (total 6):
SWicak, charli, mwaschkowski, RZAMK, QSD, Mechkad

mrtools wrote: Thu Oct 22, 2020 7:45 am
Thank you for your answer MrTools!
I think that is a very good idea - different traders, different approaches:
Some will enter when Stoch crosses 50, some will enter when Stoch enter OB/OS, some will enter when Stoch leaves OB/OS etc.
AND ONE WILL ENTER when fast + slow go in the same direction.
So, yes if you could colour the (outer lines when there is a) change in slope direction (hopefully in a colour that is good to see without destroying the overall and ongoing signal structure) that would be fabulous.

Kiwi wrote: Thu Oct 22, 2020 3:17 pm After i realized that, i come up with another idea and the results blow me away.
I installed chaos on a one hour chart, set the multi TF to one hour and removed the slow WPR but kept the OB/OS shadowing, then in the same window install another Chaos over top and set the TF to four hour and removed the slow WPR but kept the shadowing as well then i set the fast to 8 and slow to 46. to make the four hour one a bit faster.
So what i end up with is four and one hour OB/OS shadowing on the one hour chart and when the two line up the reversal signal was even stronger.
I am only asking: Why so complicated when you actually already have 2 different WPR/Stoch- indies as part of Chaos/Haos.
Why not simply go to the input and set the slow one to what you want it to reflect and the fast one to what you want it to reflect (you can emulate the different TFs by using different number inputs, you know - nobody says the standard input needs to be the best ever)?
Just an idea, not a criticism.

josi wrote: Thu Oct 22, 2020 3:33 pm
I am only asking: Why so complicated when you actually already have 2 different WPR/Stoch- indies as part of Chaos/Haos.
Why not simply go to the input and set the slow one to what you want it to reflect and the fast one to what you want it to reflect (you can emulate the different TFs by using different number inputs, you know - nobody says the standard input needs to be the best ever)?
Just an idea, not a criticism.
Hi Mate,

Your thoughts are valid.
What i was trying to achieve was multi time information on the one chart. The first post showed you can get four info on a one hour chart without having two oscillator window open. The second post was to show that you can get 2 time zone Reversal shadowing on the one chart, which i think might have some merit.
Plus my brain has a habit of thinking way way out the box at times lol :lmao: