Re: Chaos Visual Averages Indicators for MT4

mrtools wrote: Tue Oct 06, 2020 2:41 am

Not very proficient in coding object related stuff like that, by any chance do you have anything coded this way?
I'm so sorry to have misled you.

That's just a hand-drawn rectangle. :razz:
At the back of a road in common use is another road in the mountain of flowers; you may take either way but be in time still in bloom.(Rikyu SEN)
人の行く裏に道あり花の山
いずれを行くも散らぬ間に行け (利休百首外から)

Hi Jimmy!

Thanks for letting me into the forum!

I've been lurking for a while but starting to get more into building a strategy up. I had built some of my own tools but I'm super impressed with Chaos/Haos.

I agree with you, I like the looks of Haos and I noticed that Chaos is quite slow when looking up values via iCustom. I was hoping Haos might be a bit more performant, but still working out the buffers to use (ie. not sure if it is or not yet...)

Anyway, I really like the colors you have used for the shading, would you mind sharing your colors settings so I could create a similar look in mine? I tried changing a few of the colors but couldn't seem to get it the same...

Thanks so much!

Mark

Jimmy wrote: Thu Sep 10, 2020 8:13 pm
Legendary, this is going to be a great project. Thanks for taking this on!

So far it looks like the most popular request is Divergences. How about adjustable on-chart text that tells us of the overall trend depending on the Slow WPR if it has crossed the 0.0 median line (to help trend traders).

Here's Chaos Vs Haos. Although both are identical, Haos seems a lot better for Trend traders as the Slow WPR is shown as a Histogram which gives us a clearer view of the trend. In Chaos, it's a bit harder to gauge this as there is no Histogram of the Slow WPR, so Chaos is more suited for Counter-trend traders :P

Haos Averages vs Chaos Visual AveragesMT4.png

As per comparison, Haos (bottom indicator on the chart) shows us the trend a lot clearer with it's Slow WPR Histogram. I think it would be very nice to have this Histogram's text to help new traders ie:

• If Slow WPR is above the 0.0 median, the text would say "Trend is Up" or "Uptrend"
  • If Slow WPR is below the 0.0 median, the text would say "Trend is Down" or "Downtrend"

PS: Mrtools sent you another Haos source code to your inbox bro.

Hi,

I've tested several of the chaos and haos indicators and can say one thing for certain: the indicator that Jimmy is using has the best performance when using iCustom. It is in fact infinitely better because the others would crash my mt4 if I used too many bars back (even 500 bars back was pushing it). I was able to go back 5000 bars with this one and have an almost instant response. Just to be clear, use 'HaosVisual averages.ex4" if you are using it from an EA. If using from just to look at they all performed reasonably well.

Update - the parameters were messed up which was causing the issues. so ignore the above!

Here is the code I got to work, adjust as desired:

Code: Select all

string haosName = "HaosVisual averages";
      int firstWprSmoothingPeriod = 5;
      enMaTypes maType = ma_lead;
      int fastWprPeriod = 21;
      double haosVisSlow = iCustom(NULL,0,haosName, firstWprSmoothingPeriod, maType, fastWprPeriod, 5, i);

enum enMaTypes
{
   ma_adxvma,  // Adxvma
   ma_ahr,     // Ahrens moving average
   ma_alxma,   // Alexander moving average - ALXMA
   ma_dema,    // Double exponential moving average - DEMA
   ma_dsema,   // Double smoothed exponential moving average - DSEMA
   ma_emas,    // Ema derivative - EMAD
   ma_ema,     // Exponential moving average - EMA
   ma_hull,    // Hull moving average - HMA
   ma_ie2,     // IE/2
   ma_ie_2,     // IE/2
   ma_ilinr,   // Integral of linear regression slope
   ma_itl,     // Instantaneous trendline
   ma_lagg,    // Laguerre filter
   ma_lead,    // Leader exponential moving average
   ma_linr,    // Linear regression value - LSMA
   ma_lwma,    // Linear weighted moving average - LWMA
   ma_mcg,     // McGinley Dynamic
   ma_mcma,    // McNicholl ema
   ma_nlma,    // Non lag moving average
   ma_pwma,    // Parabolic weighted moving average - PWMA
   ma_rmta,    // Recursive moving trendline - RMTA
   ma_sma,     // Simple moving average - SMA
   ma_sine,    // Sine weighted moving average
   ma_smma,    // Smoothed moving average - SMMA
   ma_smoo,    // Smoother
   ma_ssm,     // Super smoother
   ma_b3p,     // Three pole Ehlers Butterworth
   ma_s3p,     // Three pole Ehlers smoother
   ma_tma,     // Triangular moving average - TMA
   ma_tema,    // Tripple exponential moving average - TEMA
   ma_b2p,     // Two pole Ehlers Butterworth
   ma_s2p,     // Two pole Ehlers smoother
   ma_vema,    // Volume weighted ema - VEMA
   ma_vwma,    // Volume weighted moving average - VWMA
   ma_zldema,  // Zero lag dema
   ma_zlma,    // Zero lag moving average
   ma_zltema   // Zero lag tema
};      

Good luck trading!

Mark
These users thanked the author mwaschkowski for the post:
Jimmy

Astonishing how one can learn a lot just by reading posts
In any case : results of my tests (used the code attached) for bar 5000 access

As of the rest : not going to go into details to explain why the above image is going to be the same for any called indicator (unless it is messed up and recalculates all the bars or the parameters are all wrong) since all that can be found in official documentation of the metatrader too. Just wanted to say thanks to all of you doing so many skillful tests that opened my eyes as of what is going on in the world of metatrader coders ... good luck guys 😊

#property indicator_chart_window
#property indicator_buffers 0
#property strict

int OnInit() { return(INIT_SUCCEEDED); }
int start()
{
   ResetLastError();
      ulong _timer=GetMicrosecondCount();
         double _dummy = iCustom(_Symbol,_Period,"Chaos visual averages 1.43",0,5000);
         int    _error = GetLastError();
      Comment("Test performed at : ",TimeLocal(),"  retrieved value : ",_dummy,"    possible error code ",_error," execution time : ",(GetMicrosecondCount()-_timer)/1000," ms");
   return(0);
}
These users thanked the author mladen for the post (total 7):
Jimmy, mwaschkowski, pipsquirrel, alexm, talaate, ChuChu Rocket, myrelax82

mladen wrote: Sat Oct 17, 2020 1:50 am Astonishing how one can learn a lot just by reading posts
In any case : results of my tests (used the code attached) for bar 5000 access

Capture.png

As of the rest : not going to go into details to explain why the above image is going to be the same for any called indicator (unless it is messed up and recalculates all the bars or the parameters are all wrong) since all that can be found in official documentation of the metatrader too. Just wanted to say thanks to all of you doing so many skillful tests that opened my eyes as of what is going on in the world of metatrader coders ... good luck guys 😊

#property indicator_chart_window
#property indicator_buffers 0
#property strict

int OnInit() { return(INIT_SUCCEEDED); }
int start()
{
   ResetLastError();
      ulong _timer=GetMicrosecondCount();
         double _dummy = iCustom(_Symbol,_Period,"Chaos visual averages 1.43",0,5000);
         int    _error = GetLastError();
      Comment("Test performed at : ",TimeLocal(),"  retrieved value : ",_dummy,"    possible error code ",_error," execution time : ",(GetMicrosecondCount()-_timer)/1000," ms");
   return(0);
}
Nice code for testing indicators.
These users thanked the author mrtools for the post:
pipsquirrel

Yes, indeed it is. I was just reading some comments about indis taking a long time to run so that was on the brain. Even though I've written thousands of lines of code in mql4 its not my main language and I haven't taken a formal course so I do yet have blind spots. I find coding in it very difficult sometimes as oftentimes other systems will give you some feedback to say "hey, an error occurred!" whereas MQL4 isn't always transparent about what is really going on. This has caused me to go on several wild goose chases only to find out it was something simple and I just didn't know the MQL way...

Thanks for your help guys!

Mark