Modification of CCI Alerts - if someone could assist

Attn Mr. Tools - We spoke at EAG some time ago. I am chasing some mods to the below CCI Filter indi as follows :

The objective is to have 1 x CCI Alert Sound when crossing n variable Away from zero either +/- and the other CCI Alert Sound when crossing n variable back in Toward the zero either +/-. There should be no alert when crossing Zero in either direction.

If this is easy to do in one indicator fine but is no issue to use two separate indicators in one MT4 which I imagine is much simpler to code.
If the Alert sound filename could be specified would be great but not essential. Two copies of The CCI can be run on one MT4 instance if filename can be specified, otherwise, two MT4 can run the same setup with different sound from same filename.

The CCI Critical Level can be retained as this is usable and if not desired in a given circumstance can simply be set out of range so as not to function.
The alerts should not be limited to one Alert per candle/bar as further action will be discretionary.

I attach the CCI Filter file as most of the code is already there and hopefully a simple job for a coder.
Would be most grateful for assistance.

Re: Modification of CCI Alerts - if someone could assist

altost wrote: Wed May 27, 2020 2:00 pm Attn Mr. Tools - We spoke at EAG some time ago. I am chasing some mods to the below CCI Filter indi as follows :

The objective is to have 1 x CCI Alert Sound when crossing n variable Away from zero either +/- and the other CCI Alert Sound when crossing n variable back in Toward the zero either +/-. There should be no alert when crossing Zero in either direction.

If this is easy to do in one indicator fine but is no issue to use two separate indicators in one MT4 which I imagine is much simpler to code.
If the Alert sound filename could be specified would be great but not essential. Two copies of The CCI can be run on one MT4 instance if filename can be specified, otherwise, two MT4 can run the same setup with different sound from same filename.

The CCI Critical Level can be retained as this is usable and if not desired in a given circumstance can simply be set out of range so as not to function.
The alerts should not be limited to one Alert per candle/bar as further action will be discretionary.

I attach the CCI Filter file as most of the code is already there and hopefully a simple job for a coder.
Would be most grateful for assistance.
Sorry for the late response saw your post last night my time and fell asleep, and just remembered. Yes can do that, if I'm understanding you correctly, you are looking for a cci that alerts when crossing an user adjusted level for example +100 or -100, is that crossing the levels above and below?

mrtools wrote: Thu May 28, 2020 2:59 am

Sorry for the late response saw your post last night my time and fell asleep, and just remembered. Yes can do that, if I'm understanding you correctly, you are looking for a cci that alerts when crossing an user adjusted level for example +100 or -100, is that crossing the levels above and below?
mrtools wrote:

Not quite sure how this reply quote function works but here's hoping.
Yes, thanks for responding. What I want is one sound for CCI breaking out and away from 0 and crossing "variable" (say +/- 60 ) and a different sound for crossing "Variable" (say +/- 100 ) back in towards 0. No sound when 0 is touched. Sound on Extreme "variable" One indicator or two - either way is OK with me.
Thanks and regards - AltosT

altost wrote: Thu May 28, 2020 11:54 am

Not quite sure how this reply quote function works but here's hoping.
Yes, thanks for responding. What I want is one sound for CCI breaking out and away from 0 and crossing "variable" (say +/- 60 ) and a different sound for crossing "Variable" (say +/- 100 ) back in towards 0. No sound when 0 is touched. Sound on Extreme "variable" One indicator or two - either way is OK with me.
Thanks and regards - AltosT
Try this.

Hi Mr. Tools,
Thankyou for that but no, I am not looking for overbought/sold but rather as illustrated in the attached screenshot. (Just found the Kingpips indi)
Longer term, like next week , I am curious to see if this can form the basis of an EA. As you likely can see my long entry is on the break of CCI +60 and exit on return to +100 or short at -60 and exit at return to -100 OR closing beyond a 12 or so LWMA as shown on chart
The absolute ideal in the short term, for testing, would be having external variable exits optional for both CCI and LWMA. Testing will prove which method is better. This will maybe not work on all pairs but at very least EURAUD is a good candidate.
If you don’t wish to try coding an EA for this I would be perfectly happy with a CCI indicator where the alert can be as “Alert (PlaySound-FileName) “ either as an external or if you can give me the .mq4 I can change “filename” as required.
I am aware there will be some issues with a congested ranging price flipping the CCI but I will address that when I can see how it affects the bottom line (profit or otherwise).
If you don’t code an EA could you allow the alerts to be more than once per bar as this Kingpips indi currently is.
Sincere thanks for your assistance.
AltosT.