Re: Trend Indicators for MT4

kyawswarlin wrote: Tue Jan 02, 2024 1:45 am Please mrtools , add MTF features .this precision trend is the best .but need MTF feature, in version1,1,MTF feature inclcude but it repaint, if 1.2 version not reapint plz add MTF feature, it is repaint on MTF when change to DAY1 timeframe
Precision Trend with MA Filters & MTF Multi-timeframe mode

Mtf added.
These users thanked the author mrtools for the post (total 12):
kyawswarlin, RodrigoRT7, talaate, 太虚一毫, Krunal Gajjar, fibo7818, josi, Striker, Fionwins, Papybillou, Jedidiah, fxmoney

mrtools wrote: Tue Jan 02, 2024 3:09 am Mtf added.
you are really amazing mrtools, I found something special in this MTF D1 timeframe, it already over price when uptrend near to end , it can decide end of trend , but the problem is repaint or recalculate in Day1 timeframe,I am not sure, beause of big timeframe , trend color change frequently , from green to gray , is it repaint? or recalculate? if this trend color not change frequently ,it is the best trend indicator ,

kyawswarlin wrote: Tue Jan 02, 2024 3:22 am you are really amazing mrtools, I found something special in this MTF D1 timeframe, it already over price when uptrend near to end , it can decide end of trend , but the problem is repaint or recalculate in Day1 timeframe,I am not sure, beause of big timeframe , trend color change frequently , from green to gray , is it repaint? or recalculate? if this trend color not change frequently ,it is the best trend indicator ,
If using mtf the indicator will recalculate until the higher timeframe bar is complete.
These users thanked the author mrtools for the post:
kyawswarlin

Jim67 wrote: Thu Jul 14, 2022 7:34 pm Actually this Precision Trend histo 2 doesn't repaint - SO could you please add MTF.
14.07.2022_19.32.39_REC.png

Many thanks,
Jim
Would you share the "repaint test" with us?
More smiling, less worrying. More compassion, less judgment. More blessed, less stressed. More love, less hate.

tank.turner2 wrote: Sun Sep 18, 2022 11:02 pm Nadaraya Watson estimator (using built-in MT4 indicators)

Absolutely :

1. Open a clean chart without any indicator
  2. Download and apply Nadaraya Watson Estimator to your chart (Attached)
  3. Drag and Drop Envelope from the list of indicators on the Navigator menu
  4. Set the envelope as follow :
    • Period 8
    • MA Method Simple
    • Apply to : Previous Indicator's Data
    • Deviation : 0.40%

PS: For a downloadable template & setup for MT4, please see: Nadarya Watson Channel for Ranging Markets.
Is Nadaraya repainting? seems like repainting but want to be sure..
More smiling, less worrying. More compassion, less judgment. More blessed, less stressed. More love, less hate.

josi wrote: Wed Nov 09, 2022 5:46 pm As far as I know there is no such thing as "high-low trend" but there you are...
a) everybody trades differently (for me higher-TF-bias is more important than trading TF; exit is more important than entry etc)
b) in MrTools screenshot you have one subwindow
(this is all you need; all the other ones only show that you don't trust your setup; the more indicators you use the higher the likelihood that signals will contradict each other and freeze your decision making; trading is about probability, i. e. you always lose some trades; if you have an edge this edge will show over many trades (>1000), not necessaritly over the next 10 or 20): this is the reason you always have to backtest and forward test each strategy extensively)
MA: tells you about bias (above zero = bias is up; below zero = bias is down)
histo: gives you entries and exits (zero-cross) - (actually: turning points after extreme, i. e, slope up vs slope down)
So the inputs you use decide on how you want to replicate market structure.
Having said this: of course, it is more compliated than that
MA: above zero but moving downward is retracement (but can turn into down); below zero but moving upward is retracement (but can turn into up) etc
As I said: if you want a simple formula, Xard is a good starting point because he has tried to visualize market bias (to indicate possible market turning points ("big dots") and higher highs, higher lows vs lower lows, lower highs ("smaller dots")
(Dow theory - one of the earliest market theories around; yet still essential to understand market cycles)
Thanks but which indicator best shows the primary trend ?

rexey wrote: Tue Jan 16, 2024 10:32 pm I greet Happy new year to all coders on this forum.

i have an old mladen 2018 indicator that i want @mrtools and other distinguished coders to help me make an mtf version of it with interpolation, and arrows if possible.

Any Help is greatly appreciated.

see attached below
Added mtf, also fixed some errors in the code.
These users thanked the author mrtools for the post (total 7):
nbibu, rexey, RodrigoRT7, kvak, josi, Krunal Gajjar, Jimmy