DownloadRe: XARD - Simple Trend Following Trading System

xard777 wrote: Tue May 14, 2024 7:13 pm I ran this query through the new GPT-4o AI and here is it's answer (unfiltered).

Query...
What do you think about an intra-day trading strategy that uses crossover moving averages set to Fibonacci values 13, 55 & 89 and also includes the Daily Open price level?

Answer...
An intra-day trading strategy incorporating crossover moving averages set to Fibonacci values (13, 55, and 89) alongside the Daily Open price level can be a well-rounded and robust approach. This strategy combines the trend-following aspects of moving averages with the market sentiment insights provided by the Daily Open.

Here are some detailed considerations and steps to implement such a strategy:

### Strategy Overview
1. **Moving Averages (MAs)**:
**13-Period MA**: Represents short-term trend and momentum.
**55-Period MA**: Represents intermediate-term trend.
**89-Period MA**: Represents long-term trend, providing a broader market perspective.
2. **Daily Open**: - Serves as a significant psychological and technical level that many traders watch. Prices above the Daily Open can indicate a bullish sentiment, while prices below it can indicate a bearish sentiment.

### Benefits of the Combined Strategy
1. **Enhanced Trade Signals**: - Combining short-term and long-term MAs with the Daily Open level can filter out noise and provide more reliable trade signals.
2. **Trend Confirmation**: - Moving average crossovers can identify trend changes, while the Daily Open can confirm the direction of the trend intra-day.
3. **Support and Resistance**: - The Daily Open can act as an important support or resistance level, helping to set stop-loss and take-profit points more accurately.

### Implementation Steps ####
1. **Set Up Your Chart** - **Plot Moving Averages**: Add 13, 55, and 89-period moving averages to your intra-day chart. - **Mark the Daily Open**: Identify and draw a horizontal line at the Daily Open price.
2. **Define Entry Rules** - **Bullish Setup**: - **Condition 1: Moving Average Crossover**: The 13-period MA crosses above the 55 or 89-period MA. - **Condition 2: Daily Open Confirmation**: The current price is above the Daily Open. - **Entry Signal**: Enter a long position when both conditions are met. - **Bearish Setup**: - **Condition 1: Moving Average Crossover**: The 13-period MA crosses below the 55 or 89-period MA. - **Condition 2: Daily Open Confirmation**: The current price is below the Daily Open. - **Entry Signal**: Enter a short position when both conditions are met.
3. **Define Exit Rules** - **Stop-Loss**: - For long positions: Place a stop-loss a few ticks below the Daily Open or a recent support level. - For short positions: Place a stop-loss a few ticks above the Daily Open or a recent resistance level. - **Take-Profit**: - Set take-profit levels based on key support or resistance levels, or use a predefined risk-reward ratio (e.g., 2:1). - **Trailing Stops**: - Utilize trailing stops to lock in profits as the price moves in your favor. This can help maximize gains in trending markets.
4. **Trade Management** - **Partial Exits**: Consider taking partial profits at intermediate levels to reduce risk and lock in gains. - **Avoid Overtrading**: Only trade when the conditions are clearly met to avoid being caught in market noise. ### Example Scenarios

#### Bullish Scenario: - **Entry**: - The 13-period MA crosses above the 55-period MA. - The current price is above the Daily Open. - Enter a long position. - **Exit**: - Place a stop-loss below the Daily Open. - Set take-profit at the next significant resistance level or based on a risk-reward ratio.
#### Bearish Scenario: - **Entry**: - The 13-period MA crosses below the 55-period MA. - The current price is below the Daily Open. - Enter a short position. - **Exit**: - Place a stop-loss above the Daily Open. - Set take-profit at the next significant support level or based on a risk-reward ratio.

### Backtesting and Optimization - **Historical Data**: Test the strategy on historical data to assess its performance. - **Optimization**: Adjust parameters such as moving average periods and stop-loss/take-profit levels based on backtesting results. - **Paper Trading**: Before deploying real capital, test the strategy in a simulated trading environment to gain confidence and make adjustments as needed.

### Continuous Monitoring - **Market Conditions**: Be aware that market conditions can change, affecting the performance of your strategy. Stay flexible and ready to make adjustments. - **Performance Review**: Regularly review trade outcomes to identify any patterns or areas for improvement.

### Conclusion Combining crossover moving averages set to Fibonacci values (13, 55, and 89) with the Daily Open price level can enhance your intra-day trading strategy. This combination offers a balanced approach that leverages both trend-following indicators and key psychological levels, potentially improving the accuracy and reliability of your trade signals. As with any strategy, thorough backtesting and continuous monitoring are crucial for long-term success.

Food for thought
Xard777
Got this strategy from XARD years past. Thanks to XARD and the Team
But I used EMA 13 and 55 based on the attached indicator.
Is it possible to have 3X HL XUMA (averages) of the indicator?
Thank you

Re: XARD - Simple Trend Following Trading System

Forexlearner wrote: Wed May 15, 2024 2:35 am i'm sure i've seen this version before right?!, which one is it
XARD: XU v007
v007 has only 2 averages. Yours on the screenshot has 3 I think 13,55,89. right?
XARD: Yes, you are right but I modified XU v007 XARD UNIVERSE to show 3 averages and posted it in the post above.
These users thanked the author normannasty for the post (total 2):
Forexlearner, stond

I've been utilizing GPT-4o to refine all my MT4 code, and it's incredible—like having kvak and mr tools available around the clock, every single day. I absolutely love using this latest AI version. Also, been doing a little trading as well.
Xard777
These users thanked the author xard777 for the post (total 7):
WOLF, knglerxst, Mickey Abi, stond, Curioso, Forexlearner, satyafx
XARD: If Carlsberg made charts... Probably the best charts in the world

xard777 wrote: Wed May 15, 2024 11:47 am I've been utilizing GPT-4o to refine all my MT4 code, and it's incredible—like having kvak and mr tools available around the clock, every single day. I absolutely love using this latest AI version. Also, been doing a little trading as well.
Xard777
GPT-4o is a better friend than practically all of the humans ive ever met ROFL
humans need to be trained like these robots in schools
not with the hamas patriotism at our college campuses
These users thanked the author WOLF for the post:
xard777
Do unto others as you would have them do unto you.
Don’t put your trust in money or man.
Don’t gamble with eternity.