Re: Convert MT4 indicators to MT5

Argh... Timeframe references at H1 or higher in MQL5 are not the same as in MQL4. My previous fix in version 3 blew up the middle timeframes. My bad. Fixed in version 4 which organically calculates the current timeframe from seconds:

These users thanked the author JohnnyRy for the post:
pytason
“[A]s we know, there are known knowns—there are things we know we know. We also know there are known unknowns—that is to say we know there are some things we do not know. But there are also unknown unknowns—the ones we don’t know we don’t know.”—Donald Rumsfeld, 2002

pytason wrote: Mon Apr 08, 2024 7:02 am Thank you so much.
Really appreciated
FYI... I added stop levels to version 5 without changing the version number at mt5-inside-bars-with-1-1-risk-reward-st ... 75773.html.
These users thanked the author JohnnyRy for the post:
pytason
“[A]s we know, there are known knowns—there are things we know we know. We also know there are known unknowns—that is to say we know there are some things we do not know. But there are also unknown unknowns—the ones we don’t know we don’t know.”—Donald Rumsfeld, 2002

jbara19 wrote: Wed Apr 17, 2024 6:33 pm no one helps?
Unfortunately, that indicator is copyrighted by an MQL5.com seller, and I'm prohibited from reverse engineering such code by MQL5.com terms because I'm another MQl5.com seller. Although 217 lines of code may be simple in MQL4, incorporation of 3 standard MQL5 indicators will likely be about 300 lines of code. If no one else chimes in to help you, I suggest that you search YouTube for "Writing a Metatrader 5 Indicator Step by Step." It will explain the indicator handles, arrays, and CopyBuffers required in MQL5 among other code elements.

JohnnyRy wrote: Thu Apr 18, 2024 12:32 am Unfortunately, that indicator is copyrighted by an MQL5.com seller, and I'm prohibited from reverse engineering such code by MQL5.com terms because I'm another MQl5.com seller. Although 217 lines of code may be simple in MQL4, incorporation of 3 standard MQL5 indicators will likely be about 300 lines of code. If no one else chimes in to help you, I suggest that you search YouTube for "Writing a Metatrader 5 Indicator Step by Step." It will explain the indicator handles, arrays, and CopyBuffers required in MQL5 among other code elements.

thanks a lot for replying
These users thanked the author jbara19 for the post:
JohnnyRy

Jedidiah wrote: Fri Nov 24, 2023 12:32 am I hope Dear kvak, Mr.Tools,
if you have time, please convert the following indicators into the MT5 version.
gratitude
I am having no luck searching for an mt5 Sema123Triangle or 2nd DOT indicator. Does anyone know where to find? If not, I would like to kindly request the conversion of the Sema indi provided by Jedidiah. Thank you for your time and consideration for mine and Jedidiah’s requests.