Re: XARD - Simple Trend Following Trading System

LittleCaro wrote: Sun Mar 17, 2024 9:47 pm Hello guys,

I see many of you have computer performance problems.

Your history of quotes is too big, or in more simple terms, your MT4 installation is too old.

To solve this problem, you can delete your history, or install a new MT4. You can delete your history in the data folder of your MT4, see the history folder (you will have subfolders here, choose the one that concerns you), you keep the folders, delete what's inside.

To install another MT4 :
You can run several MT4 with the same login/password in the same computer, when you are in the installation program of MT4 you just need to customize the folders (for exemple "Metatrader 4 Xard"). And don't forget to rename also your desktop shortcuts.

I give you here my personnal Xard template, i could help you. It is a very light one.

Xard, your system XU V007 is your best release. It can seriously change people lives. Thanks a bunch !
Hello LittleCaro,

Thank you for your share, in my opinion is missing the Painel1, is very powerfull and don´t have much impact on perfomance of MetaTrader4.

LittleCaro wrote: Sun Mar 17, 2024 9:47 pm Your history of quotes is too big, or in more simple terms, your MT4 installation is too old.

To solve this problem, you can delete your history, or install a new MT4. You can delete your history in the data folder of your MT4, see the history folder (you will have subfolders here, choose the one that concerns you), you keep the folders, ...

Xard, your system XU V007 is your best release. It can seriously change people lives. Thanks a bunch !
Change or remove indicators as discussed, limit the pairs shown on Market, set bars on mt4 general settings shown to 2000. Your history is needed for backtests. Deleting has nothing to do with CPU performance.
These users thanked the author friend4you for the post:
Curioso

friend4you wrote: Mon Mar 18, 2024 7:35 am Change or remove indicators as discussed, limit the pairs shown on Market, set bars on mt4 general settings shown to 2000. Your history is needed for backtests. Deleting has nothing to do with CPU performance.
I give this solution because i tested myself, and it works. Try it, you will see it's miraculous !

I never told to destroy all your MT4s, but just one, to try.

The fault is here is not the cpu, (i have a beast and it changes nothing), but the way MT4 is designed and we could do nothing for that, so we tune the system.
These users thanked the author LittleCaro for the post (total 3):
friend4you, Curioso, marwilli

Here is a revamped XU v001 Mod
You should be able to access everything from the input menu.
The default setting is what I use for trading.
EMAs set to 13 & 135
SEMAFORs set to 9,36,144,576
ZZ lines set to 143 & 575
Background Zones set to EMA 135

Enjoy
Xard777
These users thanked the author xard777 for the post (total 15):
Jimmy, LittleCaro, fnz, Curioso, thomdel, maroka, Skyold, Mickey Abi, marwilli, chris006, MarVas, BeatlemaniaSA, Kev21, DaffyTaffy, Forexlearner
XARD: If Carlsberg made charts... Probably the best charts in the world

muhammadFarooq2k20 wrote: Mon Mar 18, 2024 3:02 pm over upcoming setp
understand it
Good post, except: Trade higher highs short only with small sl and if stop hunt has happened most likely. The triangels color are also a good sign of exhaustion and a trend in the opposite direction may occur. Practice trading manual with backtest indicators. Learn market structure and the stop hunts each day. Yes, use fresh mt4 from time to time for performance reasons.
What do you think of older versions of xards systems through the decades? Did markets change much? Are newer systems of xard really much better? I wonder, why mainly the actual system pics are posted. The old ideas are still working. I often thought, why doesn't he mention why this or that indicator is in his view better or how exactly he trades.
Maybe some people post their clear trading rules. For constant success it is important to trade always the same at similar charts and not become emotional because of stop hunts to both directions maybe even on big moves like on news events.
These users thanked the author friend4you for the post:
Curioso

xard777 wrote: Mon Mar 18, 2024 7:25 pm Here is a revamped XU v001 Mod
You should be able to access everything from the input menu.
The default setting is what I use for trading.
EMAs set to 13 & 135
SEMAFORs set to 9,36,144,576
ZZ lines set to 143 & 575
Background Zones set to EMA 135

Enjoy
Xard777
Hello Mr xard777,

Thank you for your excelent work, you always very surprising in all update and hope an wonderfull week.
These users thanked the author Curioso for the post:
amernegm

LittleCaro wrote: Mon Mar 18, 2024 6:55 pm I give this solution because i tested myself, and it works. Try it, you will see it's miraculous !

I never told to destroy all your MT4s, but just one, to try.

The fault is here is not the cpu, (i have a beast and it changes nothing), but the way MT4 is designed and we could do nothing for that, so we tune the system.
absolutely right. I have a ryzen 9 7945HX and i9 13980HX both with 32GB RAM, RTX4070 and fast SSD
MT4 does not run as well as MT5. MT5 is much quicker in start and changing from chart to chart and pair to pair.

but I hate MT5, so my workaround is. Set the real trade with MT5 and make analyse and try new indicators in MT4 demo.

BTW for me is programming in MT4 easier as MT5
These users thanked the author marwilli for the post (total 3):
chris006, Curioso, LittleCaro
we can't change the wind, but we can set the sails differently