Re: Moving Average indicators for MT4

SijjiN wrote: Wed Feb 14, 2024 9:01 am Heya Good People!

MA Sabres
Created Oct 24, 2023
(c) LuxAlgo

The "MA Sabres" indicator highlights potential trend reversals based on a moving average direction. Detected reversals are accompanied by an extrapolated "Sabre" looking shape that can be used as support/resistance and as a source of breakouts.

If a selected moving average (MA) continues in the same direction for a certain time, a change in that direction could signify a potential reversal.
In this publication, when a trend change occurs, a sabre-shaped figure is drawn which can be used as support/resistance:A sabre can be indicative of a direction, however, it can also act as a stop-loss when the price should go in the opposite direction:
Or show potential areas of interest:
DETAILS
This publication will look for a change in direction after the MA went in the same direction during x consecutive bars (settings: "Reversal after x bars in the same direction").
Then a circle-shaped drawing will be drawn 1 bar back, at the previous high/low, dependable of the previous direction.
From there originates a sabre-shaped figure where the tip lies as far as the user-set MA length.
The angle of the "sabre" relies on the ATR of the previous 14 bars.Less volatility will create a flatter sabre while the opposite is true when there is more volatility in the previous 14 bars.
The sabre is created by the latest feature, polylines, which enables us to connect several 'points', resulting in a polyline.new() object.

Do note that sabres are offset by one bar to the past to align their locations.

SETTINGS
MA Type: SMA, EMA, SMMA (RMA), HullMA, WMA, VWMA, DEMA, TEMA, NONE (off)
Length: this sets the length of MA, and the length of the sabre shape
Previous Trend Duration: After the MA direction is the same for x consecutive bars, the first time the direction changes, a sabre is drawn

Wishing you all Amazing Trades !! :razz:
Good! By coincidence, I was taking a look at this indicator too. This "saber" with atr is also cool.
Attachments
These users thanked the author RodrigoRT7 for the post:
SijjiN

muhammadFarooq2k20 wrote: Sat Feb 17, 2024 7:48 pm please add buy sell and squeez (waite) candle init
2x Moving Average with Candlesticks + Buy/Sell Squeeze (neutral) candlesticks

Added candles option....
These users thanked the author kvak for the post (total 9):
yoki, RodrigoRT7, ParallelNative, muhammadFarooq2k20, 太虚一毫, Krunal Gajjar, nbibu, Mickey Abi, 88FX88

太虚一毫 wrote: Thu Feb 22, 2024 3:31 pm 2x MA (+ keltner + candles) is very good. Looking forward to the teacher adding BT.

Or add keltner to ma (+ channel extended + BT) ? :thumbup:
2x Moving Average with Candlesticks + Buy/Sell Squeeze (neutral) candlesticks & On/Off Toggle Buttons

Here is buttoned version ....
These users thanked the author kvak for the post (total 5):
TransparentTrader, RodrigoRT7, 太虚一毫, Jimmy, BeatlemaniaSA

kvak wrote: Mon Feb 26, 2024 7:41 am 2x Moving Average with Candlesticks + Buy/Sell Squeeze (neutral) candlesticks & On/Off Toggle Buttons

Here is buttoned version ....
Hello dear @Kvak. Check the attached indicator, If you had time I need something similar please. 3 MA lines with option to select Avgs and all price types for each of them. No need to shift, alert, BTN or arrows. Also no need to all averages, just the ones this indicator already has, but i need all volume weighted Avgs and relative MA. I have some ideas for this but need to test them first. Also there is a new price type i request to be added, the calculation is like this: Tri-price(Triangular)=(Median+Open+1.5 Close)/3. I think this can smooth out price fluctuations and give us better insights compared to some other types. Many Thanks in forward.
These users thanked the author ixion700 for the post (total 2):
kvak, RodrigoRT7
Think out of the box!

ixion700 wrote: Thu Feb 29, 2024 12:42 am Hello dear @Kvak. Check the attached indicator, If you had time I need something similar please. 3 MA lines with option to select Avgs and all price types for each of them. No need to shift, alert, BTN or arrows. Also no need to all averages, just the ones this indicator already has, but i need all volume weighted Avgs and relative MA. I have some ideas for this but need to test them first. Also there is a new price type i request to be added, the calculation is like this: Tri-price(Triangular)=(Median+Open+1.5 Close)/3. I think this can smooth out price fluctuations and give us better insights compared to some other types. Many Thanks in forward.
Here is first version for tests. Simple version of 3x MA cross.
Feel free to ask adjustment what you want.

p.s. are you sure for your calculation : Tri-price(Triangular)=(Median+Open+1.5 Close)/3 ??
These users thanked the author kvak for the post (total 4):
RodrigoRT7, Mickey Abi, ixion700, josi