Re: 🎬 Tucker Carlson - The Vladimir Putin Interview

boytoy wrote: Sat Feb 10, 2024 1:42 am Certainly a long watch but be patient with the interview it gets good after the history lesson 👍
It certainly does. It's well worth watching... even for the body language. When Carlson exceeds his journalistic power in the situation, he over-laughs awkwardly. When Putin exits his history speech to directly answer a question, his feet bust a move. :lol:
“[A]s we know, there are known knowns—there are things we know we know. We also know there are known unknowns—that is to say we know there are some things we do not know. But there are also unknown unknowns—the ones we don’t know we don’t know.”—Donald Rumsfeld, 2002

JohnnyRy wrote: Sun Feb 11, 2024 11:41 am It certainly does. It's well worth watching... even for the body language. When Carlson exceeds his journalistic power in the situation, he over-laughs awkwardly. When Putin exits his history speech to directly answer a question, his feet bust a move. :lol:
Haha saw that. But you're so right when Tucker does that over-laugh random thing a few times I was like huh? What did I miss? Are they having a joke or what 🤔

boytoy wrote: Sun Feb 11, 2024 3:13 pm Haha saw that. But you're so right when Tucker does that over-laugh random thing a few times I was like huh? What did I miss? Are they having a joke or what 🤔
Each time Carlson interrupted Putin, Putin asked something like, "Is this a news broadcast, or a talk show?" Carlson is from the US where almost every news broadcast devolves into a talk show thanks to the reversal of the media Fairness Doctrine decades ago. I think Putin was seriously asking, but Carlson was safer in nervously laughing and abandoning the interrupting question.
“[A]s we know, there are known knowns—there are things we know we know. We also know there are known unknowns—that is to say we know there are some things we do not know. But there are also unknown unknowns—the ones we don’t know we don’t know.”—Donald Rumsfeld, 2002