Re: XARD - Simple Trend Following Trading System

promixer wrote: Tue Sep 26, 2023 3:55 am Hi guys,

I would like to ask if this approach to trade is the right one. The only concern here for me is about RSI MA1. Should I wait to turn blue for additional confirmation or this is not needed?

My confirmations here are that this trade is in trend from higher time frame, we are above daily open and this blue dot is my second dot.

Also, what is your latest time in a trading day to take a trade? Do you have any?
You're going to get different opinions regarding this. We all trade different markets and timeframes.
I only trade with the 30mins TF.
I consider the 5mins TF too short, noisy and unstable in making trading decisions.
You're always in and out of trades...even when trading in the direction of the trend.
Let's assume this was a 30mins DAX chart...Market was trading above the Day's open, and the 1Hr was long.
I would have been LONG when the market retested the Daily open line and bounced off it.

I only trade the German DAX.
I have been trading it since 2008...15yrs!
It's best traded during London Open...8am London time.
I avoid trading it during the New York session.
(Warning!!! Please DON'T trade the DAX...if you don't have extensive trading experience)
Volatility can be extremely high...and losses can be significantly huge.
This is not an invitation to start trading the DAX.
These users thanked the author ODJ for the post (total 9):
chris006, Forexlearner, Flandria2, eduarescobar, LorenzoNexus, promixer, jolugarpe, Erebøs_X, SOLESHOE

IndicatorRe: XARD - Simple Trend Following Trading System

xard777 wrote: Sat Sep 23, 2023 7:16 am New Update... XU v71-Setup

Here is the latest setup from the Xard Universe collection.
Enjoy
Have a great weekend everyone.

Xard777
The Xard Reduction Act is great and so is this update - thanks big fella I really do love you!

PS: We're getting close to Version 100 now and your releases will permanently live in the Top 50 files sidebar 🔭
These users thanked the author ChuChu Rocket for the post (total 7):
BeatlemaniaSA, MarVas, Jimmy, thomdel, LorenzoNexus, Musashi, nitipon1za
Important: The worst forex brokers of all time 👎

No worries at all.
11 Indicators
1 template
1 image

I trade it on the 30mins timeframe
Always watch-out for breakouts in the direction of the trend
Always watch-out for retracements into the retracement\reversal zone.
If the trend is strong, the market retraces to retest any of the Open, High, Low, Close lines (in the retracement\reversal zone)...and bounces off.
It then continues in the direction of the trend.
(You can enable the Open, High, Low, Close in the Inputs tab of the PivotsXXX indicator)

Hope this helps!
These users thanked the author ODJ for the post (total 12):
eduarescobar, knglerxst, Flandria2, ffsss, VespaTrader, LorenzoNexus, Jimmy, maroka, jolugarpe, RodrigoRT7, DaffyTaffy, Forexlearner

Hey Mr. Xard,
Thank you very much for the new Xard version (v71)!
I am new to this system, but I can tell that XARD ages like a fine wine.

I have several questions about the new version:
1) How to enable the gray dots for 15 min time frame in v71?
2) Why do the v66 and v71 have different semaphores on 15m TF (on screenshot)? The H1 and 5m have the same semaphores.
3) Why the RSI has 52 and 48 levels (not 50), also grey and white curve lines?
4) What are the arrow and arrow+square’s confirmation conditions? E.g. I have noticed that the pink dot is confirmed if its low was taken, and vice versa for the blue dot.

Thank you in advance and have a great day!
Attachments

If you change the same chart to a higher timeframe, it becomes clearer.
And you'll have less questions.
If you only trade PRICE ACTION, trading becomes less complicated.
Looking at a 30mins chart, the market is in a clear DOWN TREND.
It broke out (downward) from the retracement\reversal zone @ 6am London time.
It then reversed back into the retracement\reversal zone @ London open...8am
It failed to break out of the downtrend @ the Pivot
At New York open, the market continued the down trend.
It broke out (downward) from the zone at 2pm London time.
Attachments
These users thanked the author ODJ for the post (total 2):
LorenzoNexus, VespaTrader

ODJ wrote: Tue Sep 26, 2023 7:06 pm You're going to get different opinions regarding this. We all trade different markets and timeframes.
I only trade with the 30mins TF.
I consider the 5mins TF too short, noisy and unstable in making trading decisions.
You're always in and out of trades...even when trading in the direction of the trend.
Let's assume this was a 30mins DAX chart...Market was trading above the Day's open, and the 1Hr was long.
I would have been LONG when the market retested the Daily open line and bounced off it.

I only trade the German DAX.
I have been trading it since 2008...15yrs!
It's best traded during London Open...8am London time.
I avoid trading it during the New York session.
(Warning!!! Please DON'T trade the DAX...if you don't have extensive trading experience)
Volatility can be extremely high...and losses can be significantly huge.
This is not an invitation to start trading the DAX.
Great, thank you for the answer. Can I ask you what is your confirmation or let us say master trend to take a trade on M30? Do you only look where RSI is on H1? Or do you look at H4 RSI? Or what is your main determination of the master trend to take a trade on M30?

Thank you for your answer in advance.

promixer wrote: Wed Sep 27, 2023 5:21 am Great, thank you for the answer. Can I ask you what is your confirmation or let us say master trend to take a trade on M30? Do you only look where RSI is on H1? Or do you look at H4 RSI? Or what is your main determination of the master trend to take a trade on M30?

Do you also know which Moving averages are used here? I can not find out from settings :D

promixer wrote: Wed Sep 27, 2023 5:21 am Great, thank you for the answer. Can I ask you what is your confirmation or let us say master trend to take a trade on M30? Do you only look where RSI is on H1? Or do you look at H4 RSI? Or what is your main determination of the master trend to take a trade on M30?

No, I do not use RSI. It's a lagging indicator and too slow for the market I trade.
As smart traders, we should aim to use leading indicators, smarter tools and techniques which give us an edge.
All markets generally respect Pivot points and certain Moving averages.
I have found the following tools very indispensable in my years of trading:
1) Day's Open
2) Previous Day's High
3) Previous Day's Low
4) Previous Day's Close
5) Day's Pivot
6) 20 EMA High
7) 20 EMA Low

The Market gets attracted to them like magnets.
You need to have an indicator, EA or BOT which automatically plots these lines on your chart.
You can get them free on many Trading forums or get a coder to code them for you.
Generally speaking, you watch how the market reacts to these lines as PRICE approaches them.
Is Price going to BREAK or BOUNCE off these levels?
Most of my entries tend to be around the 20 EMA.

For many years, I used customized price bars such as Heikin Ashi, Easy candles etc...which tend to summarize what price is doing.
But I ended up losing lots of money because they all seem to hide PRICE ACTION and react very late to market changes.
Now, I only use NATURAL PRICE BARS: Blue = BUY, Red = SELL
Hence, if you need to catch early market moves, you've got to use NATURAL price bars.
In an uptrend you've got to take a contrarian view of the market when the bar is red. Wait until price retraces to any of the levels stated above.
As soon as the price bar turns BLUE in an uptrend and starts going UP, just get in.
Same as in a Downtrend. Wait until the price bar turns RED around one of those levels...and starts going down.

For each position, make sure you always set a STOP LOSS and TAKE PROFIT.

Hope this helps!!
These users thanked the author ODJ for the post (total 6):
chris006, stond, jolugarpe, chrisoko, VespaTrader, DaffyTaffy