Re: A New Trading Game (chaos game) Played for Money and Played in Risk- Free Space

The indication is that we are in Initial Conditions and that in chaos theory is the stage where the system (the Market in this case), selects one out of several possible sequences to support in direction through all the stages on "the road to chaos" as it is called.
If you look at the books attached we tried to show the state of play at this stage and imply that perturbations increase significantly (called intermittency), until Initial Value is isolated and sequence goes beyond what is called Fixed Points. Section D in both books shows this in terms of the Logistic Map. And I mention it here only for reference and study for those interested in how we have modelled the market.
In trading terms, if we are going down a) Section D shows that the current top could still be spiked higher but should immediately return in direction to persist lower b) But if going up (most times not always), the same spike can return to a low Y (2) in the trade frame to eventually rotate completely out of FLE range and promote the high A(3) even further.
Again the only solution for catching which way is to trade point to point until we get a reversal signal then we can trade and hold trades. From my screenshot it is interesting to look at the previous top to the left and consider what you see (though history has hidden the past paths so you need to be careful to see what went on then, and later look at both high and low turns and note the similarities that may exist across all such events in history), and try to compare with the diagrams in the books just for next time. I assume at this point that price is negotiating a fall and so waiting for a whitehead high (less than the crown), to make an entry low and hold that trade. This of course is subject to the play ahead and the signs and indications provided by Orbit Screenface as we go. I am not sure as I have not checked and may not check to confirm but I think today is an FOMC event day so let us see how things work out. But my opportunity to remind that OrbitPlay books hold information that help us understand the chaos more ------------> especially that while seemingly random the structure of moves are in fact prescripted by chaos.

(-_-)

PS: You need to look at both books one after the other to get it. Mainly pictures and diagrams anyway.
These users thanked the author Darkdoji for the post (total 2):
hesam-moon, Chickenspicy

Re: A New Trading Game (chaos game) Played for Money and Played in Risk- Free Space

Chickenspicy wrote: Wed Sep 20, 2023 7:45 am Seems like it so far , yet to be time tested
No volatility on my chart right now
Hey @Chikenspicy most likely we get volatility today talking about the useful tool you point to. Let me just say something sir, not to you (you sound like a physicist sometimes so I think you know already), but my note to you here prompted the thought. I know finance formally. You call it volatility and in fact that is how we all experience it - in its English meaning. But look it this way the concept of volatility in finance is a static concept and not a dynamical measure. They go into some serious statistics to explain it and its variants and though in a roundabout way it returns to what we experience as traders the correct term for what we actually experience is Intermittency or Chaos. You see when you know it you can also expect it. If you cannot handle it because translation speeds become exponential LEAVE IT simply ignore it ----> you do not have to trade when it is out of control. IT WILL CALM DOWN SO YOU CAN TRADE when it does. Do not forget, you still have phase-lock in direction Cy = TT = up or down and so any space you have once its calmed down a bit (in say no more than an hour or so after some event) enter and target far space it will go. And it will go a very long distance. We are in Risk - free space. So the logic also suggests a certain TRADING MENTALITY to succeed. This is something you must learn to second nature. But remember when you know it ahead of the market you are rational in what decisions you make. But my point is and from all of the above the static concepts of finance and economics are not particularly helpful in trading nor are similar statics in terms of "price patterns" in so called "technicals"--> it is dynamics we need to trade markets, things that remind us in real time that market distributions are very radical from the normal curve. You need to see the market that way and different from a risky uncertain space where for instance instincts conditioned by fear and ignorance of price behaviour are considered wisdom to that conditioned by actual knowledge of price behaviour in space----------> TO KILL THE FEAR!

(-_-)

Most unusually educated financial risk analysts would argue I am contradicting myself in my prescription and they would be correct ONLY if Orbit is NOT TRUE! They have no analysis yet for when there is zero risk. But if Orbit IS TRUE they MUST recalculate their risk models. So there is "repainting" everywhere in reality.
These users thanked the author Darkdoji for the post:
Chickenspicy

Dave111 wrote: Wed Sep 20, 2023 5:59 am There was a lot of downward selling pressure on gold this afternoon London/NY as I was watching the Daily timeframe. The cause, a trend line across the highs, the first touch on the 1st of this month has caused all the debate about the mismatched semafors as it did not complete the aqua high, the second touch today was very intense but so far has not had a huge effect. The start of the new Daily bar/candle will bring the Daily into a new uptrend although an Asian pullback could still be on the cards. Let's see if a push up tomorrow will allow Orbit to complete its cycle.
Just random thoughts....

Davie
Maybe a bit much asking for my new Aqua head on the daily yet, as a lot of chaotic news to follow later, take 86pips (860) profit and run.
These users thanked the author Dave111 for the post (total 2):
Darkdoji, Chickenspicy

Darkdoji wrote: Wed Sep 20, 2023 10:25 pm.

But look it this way the concept of volatility in finance is a static concept and not a dynamical measure. They go into some serious statistics to explain it and its variants and though in a roundabout way it returns to what we experience as traders the correct term for what we actually experience is Intermittency or Chaos. You see when you know it you can also expect it. If you cannot handle it because translation speeds become exponential LEAVE IT simply ignore it ----> you do not have to trade when it is out of control. IT WILL CALM DOWN SO YOU CAN TRADE when it does. Do not forget, you still have phase-lock in direction Cy = TT = up or down and so any space you have once its calmed down a bit (in say no more than an hour or so after some event) enter and target far space it will go.

From this definition then ?

It is not an academic but empirical fact that market professionals (Wall Street and Co.), as well as market participants worldwide think in normal curve mathematics. Normal curve mathematics is also what is taught to our best and brightest MBA’s and future business leaders. Mandelbrot showed with reference to market distributions that market distributions are wild NOT normal. What we experience trading are not “trends “ as normal curve mathematics will have it . As such, the common notion of “trend “ is not employed in Orbit. Hence we follow the Singularity not a “trend .” That way, we define the same spacings in time as Mandelbrot specifies.
&

space where exact distances are not as important as the proximity of points in defining relationships between points in the same space. I
These users thanked the author Chickenspicy for the post:
Darkdoji
0 + 0 = 0
Infinite / Infinite = 1
1 way to Heaven & it matters

Narutopips wrote: Thu Sep 21, 2023 3:29 am This is a very good system, I can testify to it. it has a perfect Exit too. though looking at it, it looks complicated, take ur time and read, you will find it worthwhile.
practice makes perfect
if its boring you are doing it right
These users thanked the author Chickenspicy for the post:
Darkdoji
0 + 0 = 0
Infinite / Infinite = 1
1 way to Heaven & it matters