Re: XXXX Trading System "Money For Nothing" (except blood, sweat, tears and persistence)

I still use 5 minute for entering trades and manage them on the 5 minute chart with my EA. The moving average trailing stop can be changed in the settings, the 36EMA on 30 minutes is the same as 216 EMA on M5. You can set this as your trailing stop and let the trade run, possibly for days. I do get some scalps off the 5 minute but my main trades are when price is above or below the ribbon on 5, 15 & 30 minute charts. So on Friday with the charts above most of my trades were shorts, when you are in with a trend like that especially if you have larger second dots that agree with the trend you want to be more inclined to stick with those trades longer. But having said that watch out when price gets to any of the significant previous highs/lows, open price, 38.2 & 61.8 ADR, 200SMA and especially on HK50 and DAX the green 61.8 Fibonacci extension. If it is a slower day set the take profit just before these levels otherwise price can touch a level and come back and you have just lost 5% profit for the day. If the market is more active then be ready to close at these levels if price stalls there. You can always jump back in. Figuring out the best place to take profit is much harder than entries. Taking a profit at a possible support/resistance level is much better than having a retracement and getting out with a lot less profit. You don't need to get the whole move, if you take a good chunk of profit out it is much better than trying to be a hero and picking the exact top or bottom.

What works for me is watching the same symbol every day and getting a feel for how it behaves. It's not something anyone can teach you, you just have to put the time in observe and learn. I have 4 monitors so I always have 5, 15 and 30 minute charts open. I can't help with US markets as I am asleep during the US session, asian session is where I do most trading as Japan opens at 10AM local time and Hong Kong at 11:15AM, usually by 2PM I am done for the day.

Watch the green line that comes across the chart from the market profile indicator that is where the biggest volume of trades is occurring. So it is a very powerful line of support or resistance, this video is well worth watching to learn more about using it.

These users thanked the author XXXX for the post (total 4):
Skyold, Giangyforex, Musashi, Jedidiah
nil desperandum

Re: XXXX Trading System "Money For Nothing" (except blood, sweat, tears and persistence)

Hey XXXX,

I've been using your system exclusively for a while and really like it. With practice, I'm getting better. I actually really like the market profile. It helps out quite a bit.

I was wondering where you trigger your stop loss once a trade runs against you. Your EA gives the entry quite a bit of room, so I was wondering when if you can give some tips on when to pull the plug.

Thanks

Castle73 wrote: Sat Jul 15, 2023 7:09 am Hey XXXX,

I've been using your system exclusively for a while and really like it. With practice, I'm getting better. I actually really like the market profile. It helps out quite a bit.

I was wondering where you trigger your stop loss once a trade runs against you. Your EA gives the entry quite a bit of room, so I was wondering when if you can give some tips on when to pull the plug.

Thanks
Good to hear you are happy with your results. I trade the Asian session and sometimes the DAX open, I first put on the ATRSL trailing stop and move the line to just past the last significant high/low. Although I may get out sooner if the trade does not go as expected. Once a trade is on its way I then change to the MASL which trails the 36EMA. The way I have coded the EA you can move the stop line in the direction of the trade and it will stay there until the EMA catches up to it. So if you get a market profile line you can move the stop to just behind that line, if that line is crossed then you probably should be looking for trades in that direction.

What I find much more important is where to take profit. If the market is trending well then carefully watch levels like 200SMA, 36.8 & 61.8 ADR, previous highs/lows etc. If price does not go straight through take profit and look at entering on a pullback. Price often can retreat quickly from these levels so you have to think quickly. Many times I can pick up a few extra percent profit just using this reentry technique. However, if the market is slow or range bound set the take profit just before these levels and wait for the next setup. The same applies if you have taken a counter-trend scalp trade.
These users thanked the author XXXX for the post (total 4):
Castle73, Jimmy, Jedidiah, maroka
nil desperandum

dio889 wrote: Sat Jul 15, 2023 8:53 pm the EA do not trade automatically? is it an ea to facilitate manual trading?
Correct, it opens trades with a button click and manages multiple trades just by moving a single TP and single SL line without giving away SL to your broker. But it never opens trades automatically, that is something I am working on but is not in this EA.
nil desperandum

XXXX wrote: Sat Jul 15, 2023 9:22 pm Correct, it opens trades with a button click and manages multiple trades just by moving a single TP and single SL line without giving away SL to your broker. But it never opens trades automatically, that is something I am working on but is not in this EA.
ok thank you it is very difficult to find EAs here I have the impression that everyone only uses manual trading, I like to use ea but unfortunately none of the best strategies here have been adapted with an ea

dio889 wrote: Sat Jul 15, 2023 9:42 pm ok thank you it is very difficult to find EAs here I have the impression that everyone only uses manual trading, I like to use ea but unfortunately none of the best strategies here have been adapted with an ea
Good luck finding an EA that actually makes money, I have one I wrote that makes 50% a day in strategy tester and losses just much in live trading. Others I have written make money for some time then lose it all.

If you want to make money learn to trade, you can make 20% plus a day only trading a few hours a day if you are prepared to learn. If you think you can download an EA and watch the money roll in then you are dreaming.
These users thanked the author XXXX for the post (total 2):
maroka, Skyold
nil desperandum

XXXX wrote: Sun Jul 16, 2023 7:19 am Good luck finding an EA that actually makes money, I have one I wrote that makes 50% a day in strategy tester and losses just much in live trading. Others I have written make money for some time then lose it all.

If you want to make money learn to trade, you can make 20% plus a day only trading a few hours a day if you are prepared to learn. If you think you can download an EA and watch the money roll in then you are dreaming.
" If you think you can download an EA and watch the money roll in then you are dreaming." :thumbup:

That was really good.
Only with it you have destroyed the dreams of millions of people.
We create order out of chaos - we trade that order, but sometimes that chaos is out of order, so we WAIT!!! for the order to return - and we trade again. XARD777