Re: Something interesting please post here (Metatrader)

chetachukwu wrote: Tue Jul 11, 2023 11:33 pm I have been in forex since 2008/2009. Since Forex TSD was popping. But you never stop learning. Trying new things and building strategies. Many of you might not know me here. But I’ve helped build forums. Trading career is a phase by phase thing.

You have been trading pretty much as long as I do. While I have ditched all indicators quite many years ago, realizing that those don't really get me anywhere, I'm wondering that it never has seemed to cross your mind. still looking for combinations instead of starting to trade naked (no, I do not mean you should take your clothes of..... :D ). It's far easier one might think and constantly profitable.
If you want how my naked trading charts look like
viewtopic.php?p=1295518072#p1295518072
These users thanked the author RplusT for the post:
Jedidiah

LikeRe: Something interesting please post here (Metatrader)

chetachukwu wrote: Tue Jul 11, 2023 11:07 pm I saw it and looked away from the first site. You understood why I made that thread 2 days ago. I came across indicator and it didn’t even look profitable. I mean like I said to you. It was very imperfect but it seems to be the last piece of the puzzle I was solving. You know how these things works, when they look too good to be true then its garbage but when it looks bad then it’s probably what it is. But I forward tested that indicator a whole night and realized that it wasn’t worth it. It lags 6 to 10 bars behind. 🤦‍♂️ on top of not looking so good on backtest. That is being garbage in backtest and still being garbage in forward test.
That’s a new indicator category. I regretted creating that thread. That cost me my access to private messaging in this forum. Maybe a moderator misunderstood me and took a biased action.
Hello Cheta, i can feel you as well, have been in it almost the same time. Still perfecting for continous stable income. Cheers.
These users thanked the author emmany4 for the post:
chetachukwu

RplusT wrote: Wed Jul 12, 2023 12:02 am You have been trading pretty much as long as I do. While I have ditched all indicators quite many years ago, realizing that those don't really get me anywhere, I'm wondering that it never has seemed to cross your mind. still looking for combinations instead of starting to trade naked (no, I do not mean you should take your clothes of..... :D ). It's far easier one might think and constantly profitable.
If you want how my naked trading charts look like
viewtopic.php?p=1295518072#p1295518072
Someone can still follow your trades and still lose. All falls down to trading psychology. What works for you might now work for someone else. And yes searching for indicators is like an endless search. It all depends on what you want to use that particular indicator for and what it serves you as. No system is a guarantee if you don’t have the psychology for it.

chetachukwu wrote: Wed Jul 12, 2023 12:26 am Someone can still follow your trades and still lose. All falls down to trading psychology. What works for you might now work for someone else. And yes searching for indicators is like an endless search. It all depends on what you want to use that particular indicator for and what it serves you as. No system is a guarantee if you don’t have the psychology for it.
Mental quality is inevitable. Why don't you try ICT (https://www.youtube.com/@InnerCircleTrader)
Be patient therefore, brethren, until the coming of the Lord. Behold, the husbandman waiteth for the precious fruit of the earth: patiently bearing till he receive the early and latter rain.
Behold, we account them blessed who have endured. You have heard of the patience of Job, and you have seen the end of the Lord, that the Lord is merciful and compassionate.

Jedidiah wrote: Wed Jul 12, 2023 12:28 am Mental quality is inevitable. Why don't you try ICT (https://www.youtube.com/@InnerCircleTrader)
I appreciate your efforts to share stuffs with me. That’s the spirit. See I also a few have my own personal indicators. Created on my own concept. Some dated as old as 14 years ago. From time to time. I add a few concepts to it. Or come up with something new. Like I said we don’t stop learning, re-strategizing and experimenting. If we had it all. We would all be on vacation in Ibiza sipping coconuts and watch the money pile up 🤑.
These users thanked the author chetachukwu for the post:
sal

bilbao wrote: Fri Apr 14, 2017 6:38 pm Linear Regression LR Degrees

LRDegrees MT4 is the indicator for MetaTrader 4 will show double trend line of the linear regression, and gives the position degree of short line and provide alerts when the trend line changes direction, and provide the Fibonacci price at the chart time frame.

rplust should see this one
These users thanked the author Chickenspicy for the post:
RodrigoRT7
0 + 0 = 0
Infinite / Infinite = 1
1 way to Heaven & it matters