Re: Trend Indicators

mntiwana wrote:Sat May 27, 2017 7:15 pm
Hi Alex
Indicator is working well with me,i think there is some thing wrong from your side and then that is envelop line not envelop,zero line (doted grey) is visible with me even
Hello mntiwana thanks for the replay... strange i only see dots and bars... the mt4 build is 1090, it doesn't have relation with dll... so what could be wrong?

AlexLoco wrote:Sat May 27, 2017 7:59 pm

Hello mntiwana thanks for the replay... strange i only see dots and bars... the mt4 build is 1090, it doesn't have relation with dll... so what could be wrong?
It does not have a relation to dll
But it has a relation to displaying values. Build 1090 is as buggy as we can imagine it. In some cases it will display values n some not.
For example : open the data window and you shall see that the data is there, but it is not displayed n chart. Then you change something (whatever nonsense in the code), compile it, undo the change (to revert it to original), compile it again and there it will be. The latest "present" to keep us awake and not to take for granted that something that should be displayed on chart is actually going to be displayed :)

Moving AveragesRe: Trend Indicators

mladen wrote:Sat May 27, 2017 9:57 pm

It does not have a relation to dll
But it has a relation to displaying values. Build 1090 is as buggy as we can imagine it. In some cases it will display values n some not.
For example : open the data window and you shall see that the data is there, but it is not displayed n chart. Then you change something (whatever nonsense in the code), compile it, undo the change (to revert it to original), compile it again and there it will be. The latest "present" to keep us awake and not to take for granted that something that should be displayed on chart is actually going to be displayed :)
Perfectly explained :) thank you mladen :)

scarletPip wrote:Fri Jun 02, 2017 6:46 pm Mr. Tools/Mladen,
I could be mistaken but this version of ptl 2.07 histo(alerts + lines).mq4 appears to be delivering an alert upon every new candle. I should mention that I have pt. 2.07 alerts and ptl 2.07 histo on the same chart, so could that cause it?
Use a unique ID for every single instance of same indicators on the chart
turn alert on current bar to false
for to check exact - enable alerts on the one you want test and disable alerts on others
Indicator is just a tool.

Use it only if it can benefit you. Leave it if you don't know how to use it optimally.

I have done as you suggest. New chart, different broker, alerts on current bar off. It still alerts actually more often than every bar. It is not a big problem I simply turn off alerts on this one and use the alerts on ptl 2.07 however I think there is a bug. I should learn to correct these minor ones myself but until then I hope I am being helpful not annoying. :)
Attachments

scarletPip wrote:Sat Jun 03, 2017 6:03 am I have done as you suggest. New chart, different broker, alerts on current bar off. It still alerts actually more often than every bar. It is not a big problem I simply turn off alerts on this one and use the alerts on ptl 2.07 however I think there is a bug. I should learn to correct these minor ones myself but until then I hope I am being helpful not annoying. :)
Yes,you are right,i tested and it is alerting frequently,may be experts can better help :)
Indicator is just a tool.

Use it only if it can benefit you. Leave it if you don't know how to use it optimally.