Re: MT4 Multi Time Frame (MTF) Indicators

Dragon wrote: Sat May 13, 2017 5:19 pm Thank you dear God bless you Greetings
Some more information on reverse engineered rsi :
In the June 2003 Stocks & Commodities, I introduced the RevEngRSI indicator and showed how it could be used to project support/resistance levels for the price. In that article, I also showed that the curve of this indicator is a transformation of a horizontal line from the relative strength index (RSI) graph to the price graph, which carries the support-resistance attributes of the horizontal line of the RSI graph into support-resistance attributes in the price graph. In this article, I will discuss three more indicators that transform the trendlines and moving averages of RSI into curves in the price graph, simplifying the price projection method and improving its visual representation.

RevEngEMARSI and RevEngSMARSI

My June S&C article stated that:
  • If P is an indicator (such as the closing price of an equity, or an oscillator, and so on), the value of tomorrow's P that touches tomorrow's k-period exponential moving average (EMA) of P is exactly the value of today's k-period exponential moving average of P.
  • If P is an indicator, the value of tomorrow's P that touches tomorrow's k-period simple moving average (SMA) of P is exactly the value of today's (k-1)-period simple moving average of P.
Using these rules and the definition of the RevEngRSI indicator, you can construct the following two indicators for a k-period RSI and its n-period exponential and simple moving averages. C denotes the closing price of an equity.
Happy trading :)

mladen wrote: Sat May 13, 2017 1:39 am That is the same
Btw: how appropriate - "John Smith" posting decompiled code at mql code base :) Not related to you - just seems a bit funny
Hi mladem
He did not just use decompiled code, he decompiled your name as well, from mladen to "Madlen_5_0.mq4"
sorry but I really can not pass it, this is more than funny :lol:

By the way, I did not see the code, who does

mladen wrote: Sun May 14, 2017 7:20 am Frankly, I did not think of it
Will check and will get back with the conclusion (since rsx and rsi are calculated in a very different way, I am not sure that it can be done due to different math used)
I read somewhere, your working on TDI on chart window. Using above reverse engineering to get RSI. Could all other parts of TDI be plotted relatively, by using there value on chart because we know it from 0-100 and we know where 70 (OB) and 30 (OS). I imagine it look like a mess.