Re: Moving Average indicators for MT4

mntiwana wrote: Fri Sep 22, 2017 4:55 pm
As for versions "averages - mtf - alerts 8.8" and "averages - mtf - alerts 9.0" i dont find any abnormal behave by both indicators,they are exactly same and doing perfect as these supposed to be do,in posted picture one indicator with 6 period on purpose and the other 5 period,if i apply both on same period,one goes behind (invisible),showing single line
then,yes when we apply "averages - mtf - alerts - envelopes 9.0" with same attributes with same TF,it working differently - with out going into mtf matter (so here do not needs what interpolation method used) as seen with lime/magenta line (averages - mtf - alerts - envelopes 9.0) in picture 3 lowest one
may be experts can better check and explains as scarletpip suggested
I am not trying to be rude , so please do not take it as such. I believe I am just slightly lost in translation. What you are trying to say is that you agree with me that there is some sort of issue with the ADXvma setting on the 9.0 versions ?

And also , I believe it may have something more to do with the filtering settings rather than an interpolation issue. Maybe they are one in the same , just trying to make an observation.

JADragon3 wrote: Sat Sep 23, 2017 8:29 am And on a side note. I am really enjoying playing around with the Swiss Army knife of moving averages that I believe Mladen have created. They seem to be really helpful and highly profitable once you get the settings dialed in.
Which one
Indicator is just a tool.

Use it only if it can benefit you. Leave it if you don't know how to use it optimally.

JADragon3 wrote: Sat Sep 23, 2017 9:22 am

I have been playing around the 8.8 as of now. I'm sure there are more to find. That 1000 indicators zips would include all the different moving averages ?
No, since quite a few of them are actually invented by me and since they can be found only in the averages indicator :)

Just one quick example (out of many) : try to find sma (the simple moving average) that is adaptive - anywhere on the net. And that goes for almost all of the adaptive versions in the averages. Of double smoothing no need to talk since till this day it was not made public and so far I have seen only wild, wild guesses what and how it does :)

The averages suite of indicators (candles, normal averages, envelopes and other indis using the MA pack) are hands down the BEST trend indicators ever made. The sheer amount of possibilities it gives you is stunning. Most people have zero idea about these advanced formulas.

Some of my favorite MAs: adxvma, ahrens, dema, hull, three poles ehlers smoother, lema, lsma, zero lag.

tip for daytraders: 200 dema 5M (candles version).