Re: Windows 10 to 11

ChuChu Rocket wrote: Thu Apr 25, 2024 5:13 pm Missing the simpler times of Windows XP and 7 those two were the best versions. Nice and clean cut operating systems 😪
XP and 7 were my favourites as well and I skipped all the Vista nonsense. The big problem is stopped security updates, when someone finds a hole the news spreads like wildfire through the community and every hacker tries it out to slip through viruses and ransom ware onto random machines, often just for the fun of it and because they can.
These users thanked the author Ogee for the post (total 3):
Curioso, Jimmy, boytoy

Hello friends,

This topic is very interesting, like win2K and 7 of course the best OS from Microsoft, but of course there are features and programs and not working very well, for example MT4 and TLS not working well with legacy cipher, because that installed, but the problem is connect to the broker servers.

But there a version of Win10 remember the old Windows 7 Starter, is very light and doesn´t have many telemetries, and few components make the OS more heavy, that OS is called Windows 10 LSTC
These users thanked the author Curioso for the post (total 3):
Ogee, Jimmy, boytoy

Just found this explainer on win 11 24H2.

Shows some of the new features, explains don't need the hardware (CPU) upgrade to run the operating system, just needed for some of the new AI features. And ends on how MS make their money now they don't make you pay for a new OS every 3 years. They just harvest all your data, profile you, and sell that on to anyone who wants to buy it, just like Google and FB.

These users thanked the author Ogee for the post (total 2):
Curioso, boytoy

Ogee wrote: Fri Apr 26, 2024 12:27 am Just found this explainer on win 11 24H2.

Shows some of the new features, explains don't need the hardware (CPU) upgrade to run the operating system, just needed for some of the new AI features. And ends on how MS make their money now they don't make you pay for a new OS every 3 years. They just harvest all your data, profile you, and sell that on to anyone who wants to buy it, just like Google and FB.

But not mandatory acquire a new key, for example you have a previous windows activate with license genuine (not crackware) is possibly made a new clean installation or upgrade using the same license in same hardware, it happens to Win7->Win10 or Win10 -> Win11, when you connect over the internet, they activated automatic. An personal note not apllies to all versions, only pro versions.

About the support of Windows 10 is possible Extended Security Updates (ESU) for more 2y, we see that scenario in previous versions of Windows, for more information about that https://learn.microsoft.com/en-us/windo ... ty-updates

Windows 11 have some features interesting and today for Ubuntu lovers have been launched the 24.04 for all flavours of that distro, including the LTS version.
Attachments
These users thanked the author Curioso for the post (total 2):
Jimmy, Ogee

On the subject of activation keys I see the US has adopted the same law the EU has had for quite a few years now, that whoever bought the OS owns it not MS, and so they can sell on their activation key. So big companies sell on hundreds of keys to middle men who sell onto you for $20 or so instead of paying $300 to MS.

Another point of setting up a new windows OS is MS forcing you to make an MS account to do so. They have blocked all the old get-rounds but I've found a new one that allows you to install windows as a Local account user and not an MS account.

These users thanked the author Ogee for the post (total 2):
Curioso, excellence

The last time i testing the Win11 is an a few weeks ago, im using that method without that activation and works. But yes, Ms continue to impulse users to move to the 365, but i continue on trading machine prefer using the Win10 with my personal security baseline and works well, so if it is good no touch :)
These users thanked the author Curioso for the post (total 3):
Ogee, boytoy, moey_dw

I'll add this video to the thread particularly on removing bloatware you get on a new machine. I tried to remove Norton bloatware using the windows app uninstaller, fine, ... then found 2 Norton folders including an installer still in programs folders. Tried to delete them, blocked, Revo unistaller couldn't even find them. Had to install unblocking software to unblock and delete them (EMCO Unlock).

What to Do First on Windows 10 & 11 | Debloat, Offline Account, Programs, & Linux Subsystems

ps, the get round for offline account in vid doesn't work any more, see video above.

These users thanked the author Ogee for the post (total 3):
Jimmy, Curioso, excellence

Hello Ogee,

In my opinion Win11 is an OS for transition, the next release (maybe 12 or 13) is totally prepared to be connected only to the cloud, in impossible using an local account and offline installation like we see in present day with Windows 365 (https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-365) but the difference is using your hardware resources and see that preparation in win11 what the next trend for windows is.
These users thanked the author Curioso for the post:
moey_dw

Curioso wrote: Sat Apr 27, 2024 9:12 pm Hello Ogee,

In my opinion Win11 is an OS for transition, the next release (maybe 12 or 13) is totally prepared to be connected only to the cloud, in impossible using an local account and offline installation like we see in present day with Windows 365 (https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-365) but the difference is using your hardware resources and see that preparation in win11 what the next trend for windows is.
Probably correct and certainly in the long run. Easy to envisage actually only owning a key board and a screen and just plugging straight into the cloud servers which will do all the processing work and storage. The concern as ever is who can you trust and presently I don't trust the current bunch in control one bit.

Interesting that 24H2 was supposed to be win 12 but clearly some of the new AI apps weren't ready.
These users thanked the author Ogee for the post:
Curioso