NO LINKS, SOURCE CODE REQUESTS OR MODIFICATION OF DECOMPILED INDICATORS. To avoid post deletion please follow the rules.

LikeMT4 Indicator requests and ideas

#1
MT4 Indicator requests and ideas

MT4 Indicator Requests and Ideas.png

Hi!
This thread should be for solving problems with metatrader indicators or expert advisors or just adding something like an alert.

Greetings,
friend4you


Re: MT4 Indicator requests and ideas

#2
I found these popular TDI indicators of Dean Malone from 2006, maybe the first zone indicator.

Is it possible to adjust the settings of TDI Alerts v4 to use on several settings for smoothing or filtering? Adaptivness would also be great.
Does it make sense to add the other rsi methods like cuttlers?
Other TDI versions can be downloaded here

Code: Select all

//+------------------------------------------------------------------+
//|                                                                  |
//|                     Traders Dynamic Index                        |
//|                                                                  |
//|  This hybrid indicator is developed to assist traders in their   |
//|  ability to decipher and monitor market conditions related to    |
//|  trend direction, market strength, and market volatility.        |
//|                                                                  | 
//|  Even though comprehensive, the T.D.I. is easy to read and use.  |
//|                                                                  |
//|  Green line = RSI Price line                                     |
//|  Red line = Trade Signal line                                    |
//|  Blue lines = Volatility Band                                    | 
//|  Yellow line = Market Base Line                                  |  
//|                                                                  |
//|  Trend Direction - Immediate and Overall                         |
//|   Immediate = Green over Red...price action is moving up.        |
//|               Red over Green...price action is moving down.      |
//|                                                                  |   
//|   Overall = Yellow line trends up and down generally between the |
//|             lines 32 & 68. Watch for Yellow line to bounces off  |
//|             these lines for market reversal. Trade long when     |
//|             price is above the Yellow line, and trade short when |
//|             price is below.                                      |        
//|                                                                  |
//|  Market Strength & Volatility - Immediate and Overall            |
//|   Immediate = Green Line - Strong = Steep slope up or down.      | 
//|                            Weak = Moderate to Flat slope.        |
//|                                                                  |               
//|   Overall = Blue Lines - When expanding, market is strong and    |
//|             trending. When constricting, market is weak and      |
//|             in a range. When the Blue lines are extremely tight  |                                                       
//|             in a narrow range, expect an economic announcement   | 
//|             or other market condition to spike the market.       |
//|                                                                  |               
//|                                                                  |
//|  Entry conditions                                                |
//|   Scalping  - Long = Green over Red, Short = Red over Green      |
//|   Active - Long = Green over Red & Yellow lines                  |
//|            Short = Red over Green & Yellow lines                 |    
//|   Moderate - Long = Green over Red, Yellow, & 50 lines           |
//|              Short= Red over Green, Green below Yellow & 50 line |
//|                                                                  |
//|  Exit conditions*                                                |   
//|   Long = Green crosses below Red                                 |
//|   Short = Green crosses above Red                                |
//|   * If Green crosses either Blue lines, consider exiting when    |
//|     when the Green line crosses back over the Blue line.         |
//|                                                                  |
//|                                                                  |
//|  IMPORTANT: The default settings are well tested and proven.     |
//|             But, you can change the settings to fit your         |
//|             trading style.                                       |
//|                                                                  |
//|                                                                  |
//|  Price & Line Type settings:                           |                
//|   RSI Price settings                                             |               
//|   0 = Close price     [DEFAULT]      (COHLMTW)                            |               
//|   1 = Open price.                                                |               
//|   2 = High price.                                                |               
//|   3 = Low price.                                                 |               
//|   4 = Median price, (high+low)/2.                                |               
//|   5 = Typical price, (high+low+close)/3.                         |               
//|   6 = Weighted close price, (high+low+close+close)/4.            |               
//|                                                                  |               
//|   RSI Price Line & Signal Line Type settings                                   |               
//|   0 = Simple moving average       [DEFAULT]                      |               
//|   1 = Exponential moving average                                 |               
//|   2 = Smoothed moving average                                    |               
//|   3 = Linear weighted moving average                             |               
//|          SMA EMA SMMA LWMA                                                        |
//|   Good trading,                                                  |   
//|                                                                  |
//|   Dean                                                           |                              
//+------------------------------------------------------------------+
TDI Alerts v4.mq4
(42.94 KiB) Downloaded 2223 times
tdi_smoothed2_amp_alerts.mq4
(20.38 KiB) Downloaded 2008 times
TDI rsx based - smoothed alerts lines2 nmc.mq4
(17.26 KiB) Downloaded 2025 times
tdi smoothed.PNG

Re: MT4 Indicator requests and ideas

#3
friend4you wrote:I found these popular TDI indicators of Dean Malone from 2006, maybe the first zone indicator.

Is it possible to adjust the settings of TDI Alerts v4 to use on several settings for smoothing or filtering? Adaptivness would also be great.
Does it make sense to add the other rsi methods like cuttlers?
Other TDI versions can be downloaded here

Code: Select all

//+------------------------------------------------------------------+
//|                                                                  |
//|                     Traders Dynamic Index                        |
//|                                                                  |
//|  This hybrid indicator is developed to assist traders in their   |
//|  ability to decipher and monitor market conditions related to    |
//|  trend direction, market strength, and market volatility.        |
//|                                                                  | 
//|  Even though comprehensive, the T.D.I. is easy to read and use.  |
//|                                                                  |
//|  Green line = RSI Price line                                     |
//|  Red line = Trade Signal line                                    |
//|  Blue lines = Volatility Band                                    | 
//|  Yellow line = Market Base Line                                  |  
//|                                                                  |
//|  Trend Direction - Immediate and Overall                         |
//|   Immediate = Green over Red...price action is moving up.        |
//|               Red over Green...price action is moving down.      |
//|                                                                  |   
//|   Overall = Yellow line trends up and down generally between the |
//|             lines 32 & 68. Watch for Yellow line to bounces off  |
//|             these lines for market reversal. Trade long when     |
//|             price is above the Yellow line, and trade short when |
//|             price is below.                                      |        
//|                                                                  |
//|  Market Strength & Volatility - Immediate and Overall            |
//|   Immediate = Green Line - Strong = Steep slope up or down.      | 
//|                            Weak = Moderate to Flat slope.        |
//|                                                                  |               
//|   Overall = Blue Lines - When expanding, market is strong and    |
//|             trending. When constricting, market is weak and      |
//|             in a range. When the Blue lines are extremely tight  |                                                       
//|             in a narrow range, expect an economic announcement   | 
//|             or other market condition to spike the market.       |
//|                                                                  |               
//|                                                                  |
//|  Entry conditions                                                |
//|   Scalping  - Long = Green over Red, Short = Red over Green      |
//|   Active - Long = Green over Red & Yellow lines                  |
//|            Short = Red over Green & Yellow lines                 |    
//|   Moderate - Long = Green over Red, Yellow, & 50 lines           |
//|              Short= Red over Green, Green below Yellow & 50 line |
//|                                                                  |
//|  Exit conditions*                                                |   
//|   Long = Green crosses below Red                                 |
//|   Short = Green crosses above Red                                |
//|   * If Green crosses either Blue lines, consider exiting when    |
//|     when the Green line crosses back over the Blue line.         |
//|                                                                  |
//|                                                                  |
//|  IMPORTANT: The default settings are well tested and proven.     |
//|             But, you can change the settings to fit your         |
//|             trading style.                                       |
//|                                                                  |
//|                                                                  |
//|  Price & Line Type settings:                           |                
//|   RSI Price settings                                             |               
//|   0 = Close price     [DEFAULT]      (COHLMTW)                            |               
//|   1 = Open price.                                                |               
//|   2 = High price.                                                |               
//|   3 = Low price.                                                 |               
//|   4 = Median price, (high+low)/2.                                |               
//|   5 = Typical price, (high+low+close)/3.                         |               
//|   6 = Weighted close price, (high+low+close+close)/4.            |               
//|                                                                  |               
//|   RSI Price Line & Signal Line Type settings                                   |               
//|   0 = Simple moving average       [DEFAULT]                      |               
//|   1 = Exponential moving average                                 |               
//|   2 = Smoothed moving average                                    |               
//|   3 = Linear weighted moving average                             |               
//|          SMA EMA SMMA LWMA                                                        |
//|   Good trading,                                                  |   
//|                                                                  |
//|   Dean                                                           |                              
//+------------------------------------------------------------------+
Hi Frien4you with that version,  from what I can tell it would require a  complete recode.


Re: MT4 Indicator requests and ideas

#6
tradre wrote:Dear mladen or mr tools ,
I cant backtest this indicator it seems to have a problem please check it for me...
Hi tradre
Try on this one,a bit upgraded.
regards

 
Indicator is just a tool.

Use it only if it can benefit you. Leave it if you don't know how to use it optimally.

Re: MT4 Indicator requests and ideas

#8
mntiwana wrote: Hi tradre
Try on this one,a bit upgraded.
regards

 

Thank you Mtiwana but i think i uploaded the wrong indicator ..this is the indicator that was giving problems and i have also editted the original post

Re: MT4 Indicator requests and ideas

#9
tradre wrote:

Thank you Mtiwana but i think i uploaded the wrong indicator ..this is the indicator that was giving problems and i have also editted the original post
I guess you are simply teasing these busy days
Indicator is just a tool.

Use it only if it can benefit you. Leave it if you don't know how to use it optimally.

Re: MT4 Indicator requests and ideas

#10
tradre wrote:

Thank you Mtiwana but i think i uploaded the wrong indicator ..this is the indicator that was giving problems and i have also editted the original post
That indicator would not run in run-time either
It uses fractals and the signals are depending on fractals (ie: they do what fractals do - repaint). Anyway, here is a version that will work in backtest and in runtime


  1. Similar Topics

    1. Double Heading + Zigzag swing trading binary & forex ideas

      12 Replies 5494 Views

      by sal, Sun Dec 20, 2020 10:08 pm in Trading Systems

      12 Replies
      5494 Views
    2. Support Resistance strategy & Ideas

      4 Replies 1602 Views

      by sal, Sun Jul 18, 2021 10:29 pm in Trading Systems

      4 Replies
      1602 Views
    3. 0 Replies
      676 Views

Return to “MT4 Indicators”

Users viewing this forum: BrianThaps, CommonCrawl [Bot], hazelj80, iPar, markw118, mrtools, naluvs01, nimda, phnthnhnm, Seznam [Bot], ummadirajani, yoki and 52 guests