Forex futures net speculative positions as of the close of business on Tuesday Feb 28th, 2017
- EUR short 51K vs 58K short last week. Shorts trimmed by 7K
- GBP short 71K vs 66K short last week. Shorts increased by 5K
- JPY short 50K vs 50K short last week. No change.
- CHF short 12K vs 9K short last week. Shorts inceased by 3K
- CAD long 30K vs 25K long. Longs increased by 5K
- AUD long 52K vs 33K long. Longs increased by 19K
- NZD long 3K vs long 3K last week. No change.
The EUR shorts were trimmed by 7K in the current week. The net position remains committed to the short side.
The AUD position change was the largest this week with an increase in longs by 19K TO 52K. That is the largest long position in the AUD since May 2016. The AUDUSD fell sharply on Thursday. You have to wonder if some of those longs were liquidated.
The GBP position remains the largest speculative position of the majors at short 71K. That represents an increase of 5K.
JPY and NZD positions were little changed.
CHF shorts were increased by 3K and CAD longs were increased by 5K.