Re: ADX DMI Indicators for MT4

gaarmitaar wrote: Tue May 16, 2023 5:18 am Dear Master,

i was wondering if you know any method to backtest mean renko on mt4
I have softfx simulator , but cant find a way to backtest mean renko with it.

Thank you and sorry for dumb question

edit : quoted indicator name is !DoubleMeanRenkoBuilder
Don't worry it's not a dumb question, far as I know it's not possible to back test that renko, but think there are some commercially available versions that they claim to be able to back test, if I'm remembering correctly.
These users thanked the author mrtools for the post:
gaarmitaar

Re: ADX DMI Indicators for MT4

-L- wrote: Wed Dec 20, 2023 7:46 am Hi, it's possible to correct/modify the multi TF function of this indicator?

Scenario: Chart 5m, indicator TF 1h

how (i think) multi TF indicators normally work
the histogram will draw groups of 12 bars that represents the 12 5minute candles in 1h, these bars will change color together since it's not an individual bar but the whole group of 12 which represents the number of candles in the chart tf necessary to draw 1 bar in the indicator TF

how this indicator works:
this indicator draw the histogram bars as if it was drawing them directly in the 1h chart (while being in a 5m chart), so, not in groups of 12 (or the necessary candles to represent the indicator TF) so for example, if the current time is 14:04 the current histogram bar will be drawn for the 14:00 candle (correct) but the previous histogram bar (while being in m5 chart) will represent the 13:00 instead of 13:55, and the previous to that one will represent 12:00 instead of 13:50
Updated the mtf and the indicator.
These users thanked the author mrtools for the post (total 6):
-L-, kvak, thomdel, RodrigoRT7, Skyold, 太虚一毫