Re: Buy Sell Pressure indicator for MT4

ffsss wrote: Tue Apr 04, 2023 1:14 am I dont know, i tested both buy sell pressure and didi on different type renko charts for multiple instruments, but visually didnt look like it had any edge.

Could you share what indicator version you are using and the parameters?

I use kvak's version on page 1, post 1 of the thread. The indicator download link is included in the post. The only parameters I use are exponential moving averages for both the bpma and spma, and a period of 100 for both the bpma and spma.
These users thanked the author TransparentTrader for the post:
ffsss

ffsss wrote: Thu Apr 06, 2023 3:07 am And what do you use to make range bars? I use renko bars only, should it work there also?

I only trade with Renko bars, so I wouldn't know how to make range bars at the moment.

Ogee uploaded a number of chart builders you can use to create Renko charts on MT4: viewtopic.php?p=1295503396#p1295503396
These users thanked the author TransparentTrader for the post:
ffsss

josi wrote: Sat May 06, 2023 11:39 pm sorry, that I have to ask:
what are the yellow and magenta bars - possible reversal points?
how do you calculate them?
Looks like the pulsar indicator
bilbao wrote: Fri Apr 14, 2017 5:46 am i Pulsar indicator MT4

The indicator registers the price level breakout moments and the significance of these levels. The significance of a level is determined by how long it had not been broken through in the past. The level breakout may be interpreted as a possible start of the price movement reversal.

There is a noise filter and a signal significance filter, which allow to exclude reactions to insignificant levels, as well as the signals with no substantially new information.

• Scale — the timescale of "looking into the past" (in minutes). I generally use 1440, i.e. I measure the significance of the level in 24 hours.
  • ScaleDigits — the number of digits after the decimal point on the "looking into the past" timescale (y-axis). Does not affect anything but the digitizing of the y-axis.
  • LevelFilter — the minimum significance (depth of operation) of the displayed levels. Measured in Scale periods, i.e. in my case — in natural days.
  • SignalFilter — the signal significance filter; specified either in bars (if >=0), or in Scale periods (if <0). It allows to exclude the display of the signals which contain no substantially new information relative to the one already displayed. The zero value simply disables the repeated display of the already present levels.
  • SetSignalFilter — command for activation of the SignalFilter. If false, then the signals are not filtered by significance.
These users thanked the author Chickenspicy for the post (total 2):
josi, andrei-1
0 + 0 = 0
Infinite / Infinite = 1
1 way to Heaven & it matters