Re: Volatility Indicators for MT4

Weighted Deviation

This is Mladen's Weighted Standard Deviation for MT4 which goes hand in hand with the Weighted Deviation Bands.

From Mladen Rakic: This weighted deviation is a sort of all linear weighted deviation. It uses linear weighting in all the steps calculated (which makes it different from the built in deviation in a case when linear weighted ma is used in the ma method). It is more responsive than the standard deviation
These users thanked the author ChuChu Rocket for the post (total 3):
Jedidiah, nathanvbasko, RodrigoRT7
Important: The worst forex brokers of all time 👎

Ultimate Volatility indicator

Get the best Volatility measurers in one Indi :
ATR, Adaptive ATR No Gap, GARCH, and Volatility Estimators
hope Yoake don't get mad lol (I did gave him credit in the MQ4 as due)

you will need several separate indicators (UVI.zip)
These users thanked the author ionone for the post (total 2):
Chickenspicy, RodrigoRT7

Ultimate Volatility Indicator 1.30

so here is latest version.

I added a new volatility indicator to the list

I created the indi myself and named "HL MA volatility".
it just computes the MA for PRICE_HIGH and PRICE_LOW and substract those values.
with classic MA it is very close to the normal ATR. but I added also Jurik and Zero Lag MAs which shows totally different results

the ZL HMA "HL MA volatility is even faster in response than ATR Adaptive (with a big period of 220) (as you can see on the screenshot)

Jeff
These users thanked the author ionone for the post (total 4):
kvak, Chickenspicy, Marktaylor58, RodrigoRT7

and here is code for you all done
(easy)

Code: Select all

extern int ATRDistPeriod = 22;
        double atrDist0 = iCustom(NULL,0,"Ultimate Volatility Indicator 130",bars,VolatilityType,"",ATRDistPeriod,"","",vol1_Alpha,"","",
            vol2_AutoCalc,vol2_Lambda,vol2_EmaPeriod,"","",vol4_Yang_Zhang_extension,"","",e_type_data,e_reverse_data,e_alpha,
            e_beta,MA_Period,MA_Method,multi,"","","",MAType,"","",MAMode,"","",jurikPhase,jurikDouble,"","",MAModeZLMA,   0,i);
        double atrDist1 = iCustom(NULL,0,"Ultimate Volatility Indicator 130",bars,VolatilityType,"",ATRDistPeriod,"","",vol1_Alpha,"","",
            vol2_AutoCalc,vol2_Lambda,vol2_EmaPeriod,"","",vol4_Yang_Zhang_extension,"","",e_type_data,e_reverse_data,e_alpha,
            e_beta,MA_Period,MA_Method,multi,"","","",MAType,"","",MAMode,"","",jurikPhase,jurikDouble,"","",MAModeZLMA,   0,i+1);

These users thanked the author ionone for the post (total 2):
moey_dw, Marktaylor58

CodeRe: Volatility Indicators for MT4

ionone wrote: Sun Mar 19, 2023 12:35 am and here is code for you all done
(easy)

Code: Select all

extern int ATRDistPeriod = 22;
        double atrDist0 = iCustom(NULL,0,"Ultimate Volatility Indicator 130",bars,VolatilityType,"",ATRDistPeriod,"","",vol1_Alpha,"","",
            e_beta,MA_Period,MA_Method,multi,"","","",MAType,"","",MAMode,"","",jurikPhase,jurikDouble,"","",MAModeZLMA,   0,i);
        double atrDist1 = iCustom(NULL,0,"Ultimate Volatility Indicator 130",bars,VolatilityType,"",ATRDistPeriod,"","",vol1_Alpha,"","",
            e_beta,MA_Period,MA_Method,multi,"","","",MAType,"","",MAMode,"","",jurikPhase,jurikDouble,"","",MAModeZLMA,   0,i+1);

This is good to learn from too..... what does Lamda do/mean??
Official Forex-station GIF animator at your service 👨‍⚖️
See a GIF with Forex-station.com on it? I probably made it
The best divergence indicator in the world.
Real news exists: Infowars.com 👈

Cercos Chaos vs Movement indicator (volatility gauge)

Requested file, added pack of average for type of smoothing....

What is the Cercos Chaos vs Movement indicator?

Manuel Perez explains that most volume/volatility indicators take into account price volatility to determine if price is moving or not. However, they usually fail to get you out of choppy price action situations:

• This indicator was intended to filter those flat periods while also getting you into the beginning of most trends.
  • This indicator works better with lower periods (5-10).

How is this indicator used?

• If the green line is above the red line, volatility is in full force and trading is allowed.
  • If it's below, there is a range or choppy price action. Stay out.

Remember, this is a volatility indicator so it should not be used solely for entries. You can compliment it with other entry signal indicators.
These users thanked the author kvak for the post (total 12):
whiplashtm, Jimmy, iPar, Krunal Gajjar, RodrigoRT7, SijjiN, Mundu19, AleIcs, sylvester21, PIPin Tom, saishala, Abdi

kvak wrote: Sat Apr 08, 2023 4:18 am Cercos Chaos vs Movement indicator (volatility gauge)

Requested file, added pack of average for type of smoothing....

What is the Cercos Chaos vs Movement indicator?

Manuel Perez explains that most volume/volatility indicators take into account price volatility to determine if price is moving or not. However, they usually fail to get you out of choppy price action situations:

• This indicator was intended to filter those flat periods while also getting you into the beginning of most trends.
  • This indicator works better with lower periods (5-10).

How is this indicator used?

• If the green line is above the red line, volatility is in full force and trading is allowed.
  • If it's below, there is a range or choppy price action. Stay out.

Remember, this is a volatility indicator so it should not be used solely for entries. You can compliment it with other entry signal indicators.

Kvak,

You spoil us with "goodies". Both revamping old but steady indis and coming up with fresh new approaches.
After a long period of inactivity I am freshening up on the news.
This is an indicator that I just found out about. Very interesting concept and apparently usable results.
Any possibility to add at least arrows to the crossovers so we can be alerted to the "trade timing"?
Thanks a million

Ricardo