Re: Trend Indicators for MT4

mrtools wrote:Fri Jan 29, 2021 1:52 am Added the alerts.
Thanks for this great indicator.
I made simuklations and extract results from excel sheets. See below.

The results are for last friday trading day. I have a trading solution which is safe. Take the default settings from the indicator. No need to change anything. We are on M15 TF.
Following the results I advise you against CADCHF pair which is unstable (up - down - up - down most of time).

I decide to keep all positions until end of day and cut them last minute, just before 23h00 (France timer), 16h00 for United States , just before spread widen.

You note you don't know where to place TP and SL. For TP, end of day for me, I cannot position my SL in advance. I'm watching my position. In the event of a long position, I cut my position if a candle closes below the candle that opened my position and the next candle drops below it. In the event of a short positoon, I close when a candle closes above the candle which served as the opening base and the next candle rises above. Examples.

After studies, I advise to couple the indicator with Stochastic and to not trade when Stochastics are overbought or oversold. Just stand to re enter after.

See the results below for each categorie. Note that works perfect too with metals! With the results below you need to know there are some negative results as below. It is closed positions.

AUDCAD -3 pips
GBPNZD -8 pips
GBPUSD -11 pips
NZDCAD -15 pips
USDCHF -2 pips

So, in definitive we have 385 pips in total and 35 pips negative trades. A total of 350 pips for the day!!! This is a great result considering the trend reversals that took place during the session this Friday (NFP figures in the United States).

Just remember, keep the default settings for the indicator. Adding Stochastic and avoid trades when Stochastics are overbought or ovesold. Just re enter later. Take your profits end od day (max 1h after end of NY session). SL explained above.

See your comments there!

Thanks
These users thanked the author remselie for the post:
Jedidiah

Re: Trend Indicators for MT4

remselie wrote:Sun Feb 07, 2021 9:51 pm So, in definitive we have 385 pips in total and 35 pips negative trades. A total of 350 pips for the day!!! This is a great result considering the trend reversals that took place during the session this Friday (NFP figures in the United States).

Just remember, keep the default settings for the indicator. Adding Stochastic and avoid trades when Stochastics are overbought or ovesold. Just re enter later. Take your profits end od day (max 1h after end of NY session). SL explained above.
Very good results - but look at this:
Attachments