Re: Pumba´s - Swing Trading System

Stop improving systems. This one is good as it is. System changes are usually done after a certain amount of trades or weeks (depending on timeframe etc). If you keep improving all the time and try to.optimize you will end up nowhere

In every systemthread people try to make everything better all the time. Optimize your trading psychology and behaviour.

In the end it doesnt matter what u put.on your chart, its all the same.

Indicators are a derivative of price
These users thanked the author constbln for the post (total 2):
PumbaPLS, Trinisan

I dont want to spam writing my appreciations to everyone, but I want you all to know that I am very happy and thankful to everyone writing those kind words about the System I have shared.
I hope we can all trade this system, find new things out and grow together.
These users thanked the author PumbaPLS for the post:
forrest85
You cannot solve a problem from the same consciousness that created it. You must learn to see the world anew

constbln wrote: Sun Mar 13, 2022 1:20 am Stop improving systems. This one is good as it is. System changes are usually done after a certain amount of trades or weeks (depending on timeframe etc). If you keep improving all the time and try to.optimize you will end up nowhere

In every systemthread people try to make everything better all the time. Optimize your trading psychology and behaviour.

I don't think there's anything wrong with improving system. There should always be room for improvement as we have seen by Pumba updating and improving his. If he thought his system was as good as it is, im sure he would not be currently looking for ways to improve it, as im sure he is. Changings can be done with forward testing and back testing or if the current setup doesn't work for you lifestyle (i.e if im a position trader this wouldn't work for me)
Trading psych and behavior is definitely is important, but that also depends on your confidence in your system. So if improving your system does that for you, then go for it. Making any system better is always the goal. Otherwise the systems gets replaced by ones that have been improved. Just my take anyway.

PumbaPLS wrote: Sat Mar 12, 2022 5:55 pm Thanks Keys989 for answering in questions in this thread while I might have no time to answer.

If you are taking scalps with this system or even if you only take a part of the system to help you scalp, you are more than welcomed to post the Trades here.
(as long you feel like it obviously.

Have a great weekend (everyone else too)
No problem!

Trade I took this weekend so far. LTCUSD sell. I trade off the 1m timeframe while considering 15m. I typically trade no higher than a 15m depending on the speed of the pair. Slower pairs need more time to hit the amount of pips I'd like. Typically I stay on 1m.
The following trade was based off of PA, ADR and the system for confirm.

1m was my entry, then I just zoomed out to see if this was gonna be a scalp or swing. 15 PA looked good so I swung it till today

1m PA showed LL and HH being made. System confirmed trend with AFB and QQE. Entered, SL put in place. Set and forget.

15m for swing confirm

I determine TP's by using ADR. ex. GBPCAD This is my ADR goals that usually almost always gets hit. Now its about getting the direction right. The tool that comes with the system is a great resource to use for getting daily TP's.

Have a great weekend and profitable one, for those trading.

PumbaPLS: Thanks for sharing and your detailed explainations, great trading.
These users thanked the author keys898 for the post:
PumbaPLS

constbln wrote: Sun Mar 13, 2022 1:20 am Stop improving systems. This one is good as it is. System changes are usually done after a certain amount of trades or weeks (depending on timeframe etc). If you keep improving all the time and try to.optimize you will end up nowhere

Exactly! I see you have been reading my comments...... :D ..(Just kidding!)
It really does not fundamentally matter what you put on your chart. In the end of course it logically got to be all the same. I understand that people see things differently and thus if you have a chart that suits you, stick to it. Don't expect indicators making the trading decision for you. Just use them as a guideline.
One way or the other, you need to figure out direction. This takes practice. One very helpful and most accurate tool I tend to mention frequently are trendlines. You draw them on all TFs and go along those.
These users thanked the author RplusT for the post (total 3):
constbln, Jon, PumbaPLS

builderall wrote: Sun Mar 13, 2022 6:48 pm In your experience , what is the best time frame for default template ?
I created this System with the intention of trading it on the Daily Timeframe, so thats what my settings are based for, but as RplusT already said it depends on you and on which timeframe you feel the most comfortable at. I havent tried it on lower timeframes than the 4hour, because I am not daytrading Forex anymore.
You cannot solve a problem from the same consciousness that created it. You must learn to see the world anew