Moving AveragesRe: I have been writing code for 38 years.. Ask me anything (AMA)

ziggy wrote: Tue Dec 28, 2021 4:06 pm and to demonstrate my sense of humor, i want to show you how i interfaced with a telemarketer a few weeks ago.. they just wouldnt quit calling me, so i decided to have a little fun with them..

edit: would anyone like to guess what my current trade position is on the eurusd?
Hey Eddy, how are you feeling today? How are your EURUSD trades going sir? :)

I'm guessing your both Long and Short!
Important: The worst forex brokers of all time 👎

Re: I have been writing code for 38 years.. Ask me anything (AMA)

Jonln wrote: Tue Dec 28, 2021 8:14 pm Hi Ziggy,

I think it's great that you use alternative methods of trading, You've put hard work in and sometimes I think it's better for people to find out themselves. You say not to use traditional indicators and moving averages. I'm not asking for your strategy but I'm curious to know what sort of area I should be focusing on so I can look to improving my trading. Your more than welcome to DM me.
triangular arbitrage is an example of a trading system that is not based on the moving averages, tho it is pretty much not possible to successfully trade this method, even tho it does look pretty nice on paper.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Triangular_arbitrage

i do realize that it is somewhat difficult to watch the below video and to draw parallels between the video's concepts and the trading charts.

ChuChu Rocket wrote: Tue Dec 28, 2021 8:33 pm Hey Eddy, how are you feeling today? How are your EURUSD trades going sir? :)

I'm guessing your both Long and Short!
no, i am not both long and short.. i couldnt do that if i wanted to, because of those silly FIFO rules.

btw, i much prefer to not be called eddie, because eddie rides a tricycle and i dont ride a tricycle.

btw, trades are in progress.

kind regards.

DVanAssen wrote: Tue Dec 28, 2021 8:15 pm Busy with a 17year project!! WOW.....i guess Ziggy is just making sure that it is NOT A LAGGING INDICATOR. Please keep us posted.
I would have to entirely agree with you about this.. a lagging indicator goes entirely against my grain..

i understand that pretty much across the board traders believe firmly that a non-lagging indicator simply does not exist.

i understand this very well.

a moving average is the perfect example of a lagging indicator.

thank you for your pleasant response.

stay tuned, i think that you are going to be pleasantly surprised.

ziggy wrote: Tue Dec 28, 2021 8:59 pm I would have to entirely agree with you about this.. a lagging indicator goes entirely against my grain..

i understand that pretty much across the board traders believe firmly that a non-lagging indicator simply does not exist.

i understand this very well.

a moving average is the perfect example of a lagging indicator.

thank you for your pleasant response.
All good Bud and all the very best
These users thanked the author DVanAssen for the post:
ziggy

in the beginning of this project, i had a partner that was originally the CFO(chief financial officer) at a tech company that i worked at in the south bay area(san francisco).

i remember early in this project, he told me what the real problem is for traders.

he told me that nobody could figure out if the price was going up or if the price was going down.

so i have spent seventeen years working on one single math calculation which is to correctly calculate what is the correct TARGET PRICE.

this is the core of my work.

my first custom trading system was the result of an inspiration that i found one day where i would take three pairs that could be formed out of three currencies(eur, gbp, chf) the eurgbp and gbpchf and eurchf.

i scaled them on top of each other and then gridded them back to the center of the group..

i gridded all three pairs at the same time, it was an insane gridding machine.

at this stage of my game, i have no interest in this system, but if somebody were to apply themselves to this you could really have some fun.

i dont give out strategy very often, so enjoy.

ziggy wrote: Tue Dec 28, 2021 8:42 pm triangular arbitrage is an example of a trading system that is not based on the moving averages, tho it is pretty much not possible to successfully trade this method, even tho it does look pretty nice on paper.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Triangular_arbitrage

i do realize that it is somewhat difficult to watch the below video and to draw parallels between the video's concepts and the trading charts.
Thanks, I kind of need to go and lie down now after watching this! I'm no mathematician but I found this interesting none the less.

ziggy wrote: Tue Dec 28, 2021 9:06 pm so i have spent seventeen years working on one single math calculation which is to correctly calculate what is the correct TARGET PRICE.

this is the core of my work.
Toward the end of the book, the supercomputer Deep Thought reveals that the answer to the “Great Question” of “Life, the Universe and Everything” is “forty-two.”

Deep Thought takes 7.5 million years to calculate the answer to the ultimate question. The characters tasked with getting that answer are disappointed because it is not very useful. Yet, as the computer points out, the question itself was vaguely formulated. To find the correct statement of the query whose answer is 42, the computer will have to build a new version of itself. That, too, will take time. The new version of the computer is Earth. To find out what happens next, you’ll have to read Adams’s books.
These users thanked the author josi for the post:
ziggy

i am a tad disappointed that nobody seemed to enjoy my conversation with this telemarketer....

if you notice that i have a very odd sense of creative humor, this is a critical skill that is required to create original math calculations.

if you arent creative, you cant form an original thought.

this is an example of me playing with a telemarketer.

https://files.catbox.moe/tai52a.MP3

trades are in progress.